1%
2%
3%
No votes
1%

Total votes : 133

Enemy of the World poll

Postby ianj » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 am

What do you make of the Doctors trip into the future,down under?
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Enemy of the World poll

Postby paradox » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 am

It's a bit of a clunker but I loved it.
Ian Levine: "Sorry Travis, it's not just me. You clearly haven't been reading the thousands of posts on Planet Mondas forum lately, uncensored by bullies, unlike Gallifrey Base."
paradox

Re: Enemy of the World poll

Postby Allons-y » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 am

I thought it was pretty darn good. I've never listened to the audio or watched those awful recons of it before so had no expectations, but I genuinely don't understand why people were saying Salamander's accent was dodgy, it sounded really quite good to me.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

Rate "The Enemy of the World"

Postby abominable snowman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:30 pm

It was much better than I thought it was going to be having previously seen Ep.3 and been unimpressed with it.
abominable snowman

Re: Rate "The Enemy of the World"

Postby The Nimon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 pm

A very good story, as Ian says a hell of a lot better than i thought it would be. Episode 1 is just really action packed. I gave it a 10
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Postby Kajaboy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 am

It gets a 10 from me. I have said all along that episode 3 didn't do it justice. I said the same about The Underwater Menace. I think if more people listened to the soundtracks and looked at the telesnaps other stories would be rated a little higher than they are now.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Postby paradox » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:56 am

It's not one of The Trout's best stories but it's still got a lot going for it.

It's just bloody lovely to be able to sit down and watch it - I never thought I'd see the day! I think I smiled all the way through it :D
Ian Levine: "Sorry Travis, it's not just me. You clearly haven't been reading the thousands of posts on Planet Mondas forum lately, uncensored by bullies, unlike Gallifrey Base."
paradox

Postby LizR » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:05 am

Well the first 3 episodes were fun. Nice to see Patrick being the villain, not to mention Jamie in uniform...
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Nimon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:17 pm

I have to admit that by watching this and Web that Victoria does come across as being rather useless.
The Nimon

Postby LizR » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:20 pm

She's starting to look like the original "Doctor Who girl" ! :evil:
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Nimon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:22 pm

LizR wrote:She's starting to look like the original "Doctor Who girl" ! :evil:

Scream, trip, needs to be rescued? ;)
The Nimon

Postby Allons-y » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:59 am

The Nimon wrote:

Barbara was never that useless ;)
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

Postby LizR » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:25 am

Allons-y wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Barbara was never that useless ;)

Damn right she wasn't (Susan on the other hand...)
I was of course referring to the song by Mitch Benn.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 5445 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:22 pm

I have still yet to watch Enemy preferring DVD's to download and it will almost certainly be on my xmas list.I just wish Web was coming out sooner as well February seems a long way away.
Deleted User 5445

Postby LizR » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm

I actually found this better than Web, to my surprise. I guess my opinions have changed since I last saw it at the age of :whistle2:

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Kajaboy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:15 am

LizR wrote:I actually found this better than Web, to my surprise. I guess my opinions have changed since I last saw it at the age of :whistle2:

Another convert :D
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Postby LizR » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am

I mean there is one massive plot contrivance, but it's nice that for once it isn't possession of a sonic screwdriver.

By the way - "down under" ?

Is this a reference to the fact that it supposedly starts in Australia (but then moves to somewhere in Europe, I think?)

Or is it, you know, a

Spoiler: Toggle
phpBB © 2011

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Allons-y » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 am

LizR wrote:I mean there is one massive plot contrivance, but it's nice that for once it isn't possession of a sonic screwdriver.

Is this a reference to the fact that it supposedly starts in Australia (but then moves to somewhere in Europe, I think?)

Or is it, you know, a

phpBB © 2011

yeah, that's right, starts in Australia and then moves to the central European zone
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

Allons-y

Postby LizR » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:54 am

Allons-y wrote:
LizR wrote:I mean there is one massive plot contrivance, but it's nice that for once it isn't possession of a sonic screwdriver.

Or is it, you know, a

phpBB © 2011

yeah, that's right, starts in Australia and then moves to the central European zone

Well obviously there's another possible interpretation, but to say more would be a bit of a
phpBB © 2011

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Nimon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:32 am

Or is it, you know, a

phpBB © 2011

Well it:

phpBB © 2011

There are a couple of massive plot holes in the last episode:

phpBB © 2011
The Nimon

Next