Dropping like Flies....

Re: Dropping like Flies....

Postby LizR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 pm

The composer of the MASH theme has gone. Hopefully it was painless and will bring on many changes.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/30/johnny-mandel-oscar-winning-composer-mash-theme-dies-aged-94
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby shuzbot » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:04 pm

De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby The Ginger Cat » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:51 am

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby rapscallion » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

What a fantastic age to reach, assuming you still have reasonable health. The report I read said that he passed away peacefully. At 102, what a way to go. RIP.
rapscallion

Postby LizR » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 am

I'm extremely sorry to report that Ennio Morricone has died at the age of 91.

This seems a fitting piece to play, although the 'Man' has regenerated...

"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby LizR » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 am

This obviously isn't a good month for musicians. Looks like the Devil's gone down to Georgia for the last time.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Previous

Return to IN MEMORIAM