28%

Total votes : 109

Rate "Fugitive of the Judoon"

Postby The Ginger Cat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Rate Ep.5 "Fugitive of the Judoon".
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Rate "Fugitive of the Judoon"

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:07 pm

8/10. A little obvious but pretty good. Couldn’t care less about Jack.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby lepter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:12 pm

So...the rumour was true...retcon hartnel being the first doctor. Now there were others.....a black woman to tick those diversity boxes.

2....was crap. Enough said. It only got a 2 because Jack and ruth was a better doctor than Jodie.

Oh dear.
lepter

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:16 pm

lepter wrote:So...the rumour was true...retcon hartnel being the first doctor. Now there were others.....a black woman to tick those diversity boxes.

2....was crap. Enough said. It only got a 2 because Jack and ruth was a better doctor than Jodie.

Oh dear.

It was a little tick box but you have to accept that. That is the modern BBC and it is not going to change.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:19 pm

lepter wrote:So...the rumour was true...retcon hartnel being the first doctor.

We've known that since Brain of Morbius, do keep up :alien:
'teleportNOW!'

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm afraid I still found this to be basically lame, for the same reasons:
1. the acting is rubbish, Jodie Whitaker being the worst of all.
2. the writing/story telling is rubbish. Chinball does not appear to be able to construct a narrative, instead he just plays fan-squee continuity bingo and throws in about 4 inexplicable plot twists per episode. Inexplicable plot twists is not how you tell a story. (If you're REALLY good at resolving them, then maybe you can get away with it for the odd novelty episode, but he isn't).

Also Capt Jack/John Barrowman is just cheesy rubbish. Honestly, nobody cares about his 'hilarious' and 'risqué' promiscuous bisexual jokes. It's adolescent and tiresome, and has about as much subtlety as Are You Being Served, without the valid excuse of this being a sitcom.
'teleportNOW!'

Postby Shaving Foamasi » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Preferred the other TARDIS interior...

Full of set pieces and 'shock' reveals but little story. Bit like reading a Virgin New Adventures back in the 90's tbh.

8/10...
You mean you believed the Doctor would never regenerate into a woman?
Shaving Foamasi

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Shaving Foamasi wrote:Preferred the other TARDIS interior...

That was better, yes! :)
Shame it was only there as a 'novelty'!
'teleportNOW!'

Postby lepter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm

'teleportNOW!' wrote:

I thought those faces were morbius previous regenerations.
lepter

Postby mr borusa » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:54 pm

lepter wrote:
'teleportNOW!' wrote:

They were.

What Chibbers is doing is basically re writing everything so The Hartnell Doctors onwards did not exist thus 13 is a paradox.

I hate this man for destroying my favourite show.
Binro was right.
mr borusa

Postby iank » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
lepter wrote:So...the rumour was true...retcon hartnel being the first doctor. Now there were others.....a black woman to tick those diversity boxes.

Oh dear.

It was a little tick box but you have to accept that. That is the modern BBC and it is not going to change.

No you don't have to accept that. You show a bit of dignity and walk away from this horseshit

What an absolute laughing stock this turd of a program now is.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:14 pm

iank wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:

Oh dear.

No you don't have to accept that. You show a bit of dignity and walk away from this horseshit instead of sitting like a good little consumer sad fanboy while everything this show you supposedly love was is shat on by these clowns.

Honestly, at this point anyone still watching this deserves everything they get. What an absolute laughing stock this turd of a program and a fandom now is.

Well I enjoyed the show tonight. I have enjoyed this series far more than the previous ones and this black woman being an incarnation of the Doctor did not detract from the story at all. As for the tick box diversity, I’m a license fee layer and you are not so it is not your concern, it doesn’t bother me at all.

Now can we get back to discussing the episode at hand and not ranting about the beeb. The license fee is on borrowed time.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby robbo13 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 pm

iank wrote:No you don't have to accept that. You show a bit of dignity and walk away from this horseshit instead of sitting like a good little consumer sad fanboy while everything this show you supposedly love was is shat on by these clowns.

Honestly, at this point anyone still watching this deserves everything they get. What an absolute laughing stock this turd of a program and a fandom now is.

Well said that man.
robbo13

Postby Darren Lake » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:22 pm

lepter wrote:
'teleportNOW!' wrote:

They were.
Darren Lake

Postby Colin James Fenwick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm

mr borusa wrote:
lepter wrote:
'teleportNOW!' wrote:

They were.

What Chibbers is doing is basically re writing everything so The Hartnell Doctors onwards did not exist thus 13 is a paradox.

Very succinctly put. From very early on in the original series, it's been firmly established that the Doctor is male or masculine or whatever is the Timelord word equivalent. From stories of his young life on Gsllifrey as a young boy through to the mind battle in the 'Brain of Morbius' that clearly showed only masculine visages on both sides, from Romana going through a number of female regenerative options before settling on a final female form through to the likes of both the Master and Borusa being regularly brought back as new masculine iterations, it's quite clear Timelords and Timeladies are not one and the same. Therefore it quite beggars believe that the current crop of writers and showrunners think that they can simply change all this to satisfy current ideological opinions.
If they wanted to make even a half- decent stab at making the Doctor both male and female (which as I've made clear I don't believe should be so) then the Doctor should have come back as a woman right back when the series returned. That way the only audience resistance would have come from us long-term fans. As it is both Nu and Classic Who fans now will struggle with the change which can only affect the audience figures for the worse. Such a mess of s situation for the show to find itself in - and frustratingly it was all so very, very avoidable.
Colin James Fenwick

Postby Darren Lake » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Quite enjoyed that. Very ‘story lite’ but if it’s setting up something for the second half of the series that actually pays off then fair enough. I won’t hold my breath though. As for this other Doctor, we never actually saw the 2nd regenerate into the 3rd so Chibnall might be trying to put his little stamp on the show. Hope not though. Could also be The Rani. We didn’t see what she did immediately after she got her memory back. Could’ve recloaked as the Doctor.
Darren Lake

Postby iank » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:34 pm

mr borusa wrote:
lepter wrote:
'teleportNOW!' wrote:

They were.

Cultural vandalism and pure, unbridled spite.

And people keep lapping up this phlegm.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:44 pm

iank wrote:This thread appears to be demonstrating that most fans really are the empty-headed anoraks who will accept anything in the name that the BBC have always thought. Apparently there is nothing they can do that will get some people to walk away, regardless of how utterly unrecognisable this trainwreck is.

I just don't get it.

Ian, please drop the insults from your posts. You really are no one to criticise anyone else’s critical thinking or intellectual faculties.

Can’t you just accept that some people actually watch it and enjoy it, I have friends who won’t watch it, but I do and I have enjoyed this season so far. Tonight’s episode was good. It had some flaws but largely it was good.
Quite frankly I don’t want to watch a long running show that does not evolve, change, and create new legend and mysteries and a new folklore..

A woman is playing the Doctor now. Some people just need to get over it. Jodie may not be yours, nor my, Doctor (Pertwee is for me) but she is for many people.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby robbo13 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:03 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:Can’t you just accept that some people actually watch it and enjoy it

They say that about Love Island and Big Brother but it doesn't make it good TV.
robbo13

Postby thecypher » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 pm

Ain't been round these parts for a while. Just came by to say my friend, who is pretty pro-Whittaker, laughed throughout this entire episode. He said if Ruth really is a pre-Hartnell, they've f*cked it.

Chibnall is going down a dangerous path. But it doesn't matter, because none of it is canon anyway. Big Finish is my Doctor Who now. They can stick their bastardisation where the sun don't shine :D
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Next

Return to SERIES 12