The Great Mondas Rewatch

Home to the Great Mondas Rewatch
Post Reply
User avatar
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member
Posts: 5352
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: Trenzalore

Oh, that's good. :)

I've been itching to watch it after the cliffhanger from episode 4 of An Unearthly Child. :geek:
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
User avatar
The Wooksta!
 
 
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: There - but I like it here
Contact:

Can I bung in a request for The Robots of Death, if only for Russell Hunter.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
User avatar
ant-mac
 
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:14 am
Location: The TARDIS
Contact:

The Wooksta! wrote:Can I bung in a request for The Robots of Death, if only for Russell Hunter.
Lonely! :D
ant-mac
User avatar
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden
Posts: 20582
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

Cygnus Prime wrote:With THE DALEKS up next - and for anyone who doesn't have easy access to the episodes, I just found them all on DAILY MOTION. Easy links below.... :)
Sadly, for me, they don't appear to work. :cry:
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
User avatar
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden
Posts: 20582
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

Bowtiesarecool wrote:I've been itching to watch it after the cliffhanger from episode 4 of An Unearthly Child. :geek:
Yeah, me too! :D
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Marco's Voice
 
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:15 pm
Contact:

Only just spotted this thread, and wow, it's a great idea to group re-assess some of the classic stories. A favourite of mine which I haven't seen for a few years is 'The Sun Maker's', to perhaps lighten these dark days with its witty script?
User avatar
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member
Posts: 5352
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: Trenzalore

Marco's Voice wrote:Only just spotted this thread, and wow, it's a great idea to group re-assess some of the classic stories. A favourite of mine which I haven't seen for a few years is 'The Sun Maker's', to perhaps lighten these dark days with its witty script?
I love The Sun Maker. :D

One of my favourites.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9475
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

I may delay Robots of Death Wooksta! Until most people have got the blu-ray so we can have some opinions about that as well.

I did think about The Talons of Weng Chiang as a tie in with that release, but mainly to annoy Elizabeth Sandifer. :D

I’m happy to add The Sun Makers to the list. I haven’t seen that for ages,
User avatar
The Wooksta!
 
 
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: There - but I like it here
Contact:

Pick anything that the Stephen James Walker crowd find objectionable, just to stick it to the numpties.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
Marco's Voice
 
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:15 pm
Contact:

So what are we watching next? And are we watching single episodes or the entire story?
User avatar
The Wooksta!
 
 
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: There - but I like it here
Contact:

What's the point of a single episode? Whole story or nowt!
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
User avatar
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander
Posts: 13638
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Timbuktu
Contact:

Levine's MTTU animation? :?
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
User avatar
ant-mac
 
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:14 am
Location: The TARDIS
Contact:

shuzbot wrote:Levine's MTTU animation? :?
There's a live action version produced by a class of students and introduced by Edward de Souza.

It's extremely good and I think of a similar or higher quality as the original production, based on the quality of other DW productions around that time.
ant-mac
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9475
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

ant-mac wrote:
shuzbot wrote:Levine's MTTU animation? :?
There's a live action version produced by a class of students and introduced by Edward de Souza.

It's extremely good and I think of a similar or higher quality as the original production, based on the quality of other DW productions around that time.
Shameless plug time. If anyone’s interested in how this remake came about have a listen to Richard’s chat with the creative force behind it Andrew Ireland.

I must confess I have an interest in this as I make the odd appearances on this podcast.

Andrew Ireland is also joining the regular crew to discuss Invasion of the Dinosaurs and Turn Left next week.

https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/epis ... w-ireland/
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9475
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

This week’s rewatch is The Daleks, followed by Inferno the following week.

After that do we have Revelation of the Daleks?

There’s also suggestions of The Two Doctors and Survival. I’m not as keen on those two, but I’ll be guided by everyone else.

Then we have Robots of Death and then The Sun Makers.

Have I forgotten anything?
User avatar
The Wooksta!
 
 
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: There - but I like it here
Contact:

Quatermass II and Blake's 7 have been floated as non Who.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
User avatar
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander
Posts: 13638
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Timbuktu
Contact:

Servorobot wrote:This week’s rewatch is The Daleks, followed by Inferno the following week.

After that do we have Revelation of the Daleks?

There’s also suggestions of The Two Doctors and Survival. I’m not as keen on those two, but I’ll be guided by everyone else.

Then we have Robots of Death and then The Sun Makers.

Have I forgotten anything?
I thought you were doing DMP, Servo?
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
User avatar
ant-mac
 
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:14 am
Location: The TARDIS
Contact:

Servorobot wrote:This week’s rewatch is The Daleks, followed by Inferno the following week.

After that do we have Revelation of the Daleks?

There’s also suggestions of The Two Doctors and Survival. I’m not as keen on those two, but I’ll be guided by everyone else.

Then we have Robots of Death and then The Sun Makers.

Have I forgotten anything?
I only suggested THE TWO DOCTORS as a preferable alternative to THE TRIAL OF A TIME LORD.

That doesn't mean I actually want to see it. ;)
ant-mac
User avatar
ant-mac
 
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:14 am
Location: The TARDIS
Contact:

Servorobot wrote:
ant-mac wrote:
shuzbot wrote:Levine's MTTU animation? :?
There's a live action version produced by a class of students and introduced by Edward de Souza.

It's extremely good and I think of a similar or higher quality as the original production, based on the quality of other DW productions around that time.
Shameless plug time. If anyone’s interested in how this remake came about have a listen to Richard’s chat with the creative force behind it Andrew Ireland.

I must confess I have an interest in this as I make the odd appearances on this podcast.

Andrew Ireland is also joining the regular crew to discuss Invasion of the Dinosaurs and Turn Left next week.

https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/epis ... w-ireland/
INVASION OF THE DINOSAURS sounds cool. :D
ant-mac
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9475
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

ant-mac wrote:
Servorobot wrote:This week’s rewatch is The Daleks, followed by Inferno the following week.

After that do we have Revelation of the Daleks?

There’s also suggestions of The Two Doctors and Survival. I’m not as keen on those two, but I’ll be guided by everyone else.

Then we have Robots of Death and then The Sun Makers.

Have I forgotten anything?
I only suggested THE TWO DOCTORS as a preferable alternative to THE TRIAL OF A TIME LORD.

That doesn't mean I actually want to see it. ;)
Well why don’t we skip both and do DMP after The Sun Makers?

That should give people time to see if they’ve got a copy of the Loose Cannon recon.
Post Reply

Return to “THE REWATCH FORUM”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests