The Great Mondas Rewatch

Home to the Great Mondas Rewatch
ant-mac

iank wrote:
Servorobot wrote:
LizR wrote:Hang on, are we supposed to type comments as we watch?!? :shock:
Isn't that what they're all doing now. Tweeting along while you watch?
Do we really think people here are in that generation? ;) :P :lol:
I've never tweeted in my life...

Well, except for that one time when I was trying to get a response out of a canary.

Stubborn bugger. :x
ant-mac
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Haven't see Image of Fendahl in a while, looking forward to it. Good honest, straight-forward story-telling :)
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
ant-mac

shuzbot wrote:Haven't see Image of Fendahl in a while, looking forward to it. Good honest, straight-forward story-telling :)
IMAGE OF THE FENDAHL has always been one of my favourites, but I'm surprised we aren't starting with a story from the first ninety-seventh Doctor, or whatever number he is now.
ant-mac
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

ant-mac wrote:
shuzbot wrote:Haven't see Image of Fendahl in a while, looking forward to it. Good honest, straight-forward story-telling :)
IMAGE OF THE FENDAHL has always been one of my favourites, but I'm surprised we aren't starting with a story from the first ninety-seventh Doctor, or whatever number he is now.
Can’t be arsed with New Who. We’ll leave that to Emily, her former show runners, and the twitter sphere.

This is more about people enjoying themselves and how good is Image of the Fendahl? Great choice by iank to start this off.

I’m having a Blake’s 7 rewatch at the moment. It’s going to be a bit of a Chris Boucher overdose. I’m up to Project Avalon if anyone wants to join me over on the Blake’s 7 thread. :D
ant-mac

Servorobot wrote:
ant-mac wrote:
Can’t be arsed with New Who. We’ll leave that to Emily, her former show runners, and the twitter sphere.

This is more about people enjoying themselves and how good is Image of the Fendahl? Great choice by iank to start this off.

I’m having a Blake’s 7 rewatch at the moment. It’s going to be a bit of a Chris Boucher overdose. I’m up to Project Avalon if anyone wants to join me over on the Blake’s 7 thread. :D
I had high hopes for New Who, right up until that dustbin burped. Afterwards, I just found the whole thing inferior in general.

And like I said previously, IMAGE OF THE FENDAHL has always been one of my favourites, but I'm surprised we aren't starting with a story from nearer to the beginning.

I've got my BLAKE'S 7 box set stashed away up in the cupboard, next to my SURVIVORS (1975) box set. However, as the entire B7 TV series is currently available on YouTube, I don't need to bother with my box set for now.

I love both TV series. How about a SURVIVORS watch through? 38 episodes of sheer brilliance... mostly. ;)
ant-mac
professor_who

wont be able to make it for that time sorry. I work a double on Sunday.

Could I suggest a what's app group to follow the episodes along? its nice to comment as you go without refreshing and also you need to coordinate the time everyone presses play for each episode
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

That's the weekend our clocks go back, which will mean even less chance of me setting the correct temporal coordinates. However if it's around 4am, as I suspect it may be, I will definitely not be watching then unless my insomnia kicks in big time.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
ant-mac

professor_who wrote:wont be able to make it for that time sorry. I work a double on Sunday.

Could I suggest a what's app group to follow the episodes along? its nice to comment as you go without refreshing and also you need to coordinate the time everyone presses play for each episode
What are you talking about? :?
ant-mac
ant-mac

LizR wrote:That's the weekend our clocks go back, which will mean even less chance of me setting the correct temporal coordinates. However if it's around 4am, as I suspect it may be, I will definitely not be watching then unless my insomnia kicks in big time.
Where I live, time has little meaning or relevance.

Add to that, I keep irregular hours that vary on a daily basis... it's currently 1805 hours local time and I've been up for 15 minutes... Last week, I was going to bed around about now. Next week... who knows?

Perhaps a better idea would be just to have everyone watch it by a certain time and to then comment about it on the appropriate thread once they have... Just a thought.
ant-mac
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

ant-mac wrote:
LizR wrote:That's the weekend our clocks go back, which will mean even less chance of me setting the correct temporal coordinates. However if it's around 4am, as I suspect it may be, I will definitely not be watching then unless my insomnia kicks in big time.

Add to that, I keep irregular hours that vary on a daily basis... it's currently 1805 hours local time and I've been up for 15 minutes... Last week, I was going to bed around about now. Next week... who knows?

Perhaps a better idea would be just to have everyone watch it by a certain time and to then comment about it on the appropriate thread once they have... Just a thought.
Actually that does sound better. A bit like the comments on the most recent series, except, hopefully, not as negative.

If everyone tries and watches it by Sunday evening Australian time then that should work.

You notice how we are making this up as we go along, but it seems to be coming together.

I’ll defer to Professor Who’s expertise in the Whats App field.
ant-mac

Servorobot wrote:
ant-mac wrote:

Actually that does sound better. A bit like the comments on the most recent series, except, hopefully, not as negative.

If everyone tries and watches it by Sunday evening Australian time then that should work.

You notice how we are making this up as we go along, but it seems to be coming together.

Cheers on adapting to changing circumstances.

I suppose he's referring to someting on mobile phones...?
ant-mac
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Servorobot wrote:
If it is a WhatsApp thing then it's not really a Mondas thing then, is it?
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

What I mean by that is casual observers can't decide to join in the next one if they can't see the first, isn't this supposed to be inclusive rather than exclusive?
ant-mac

I Googled WhatsApp to find out what it was.

So now, after reading through the information provided, I have only one question...

What is it? :?
ant-mac
rapscallion

ant-mac wrote: Perhaps a better idea would be just to have everyone watch it by a certain time and to then comment about it on the appropriate thread once they have... Just a thought.
Sounds good to me!

Servo, are we using this thread that we're on now for the comments for each story we view?
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

ant-mac wrote:I Googled WhatsApp to find out what it was.

So now, after reading through the information provided, I have only one question...

Just an app you install on your phone to send text based messages over the internet

People will see either your phone number or name though. I don't know if everybody is comfortable with that.
ant-mac

shuzbot wrote:
ant-mac wrote:I Googled WhatsApp to find out what it was.

Just an app you install on your phone to send text based messages over the internet

People will see either your phone number or name though. I don't know if everybody is comfortable with that.
Do you need a special make or model mobile to do that?

Is there some sort of cost attached to using the application?
ant-mac
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Can't we just discuss it afterwards as usual?
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

LizR wrote:Can't we just discuss it afterwards as usual?
And have a smoke too?
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The Ginger Cat wrote:
LizR wrote:Can't we just discuss it afterwards as usual?
And have a smoke too?
Fine by me, as long as you stay in your bubble.

Return to “THE REWATCH FORUM”

• Information