Non-DW Rewatch Co-ordination Thread

Home to the Great Mondas Rewatch
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Might as well start the B7 one tomorrow, have we decided how to proceed?

We could post our five or ten favourites and work a schedule for around that or just beginning to end. One a day we would get a season done in about two weeks anyway. I can't be bothered to create a new thread for every single story if it's a complete run-through.
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

I’m happy to post my top 10 if that’s the way we want to go?
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

I’m also up for your suggestion to rewatch The Prisoner.

Any old excuse really.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

With any B7 rewatch I think we can safely skip any episode written by Ben Steed, James Follet and Alan Prior.

Just my opinion though and I will observe the wishes of others.
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Well, if we can work out what to skip from series 1 the that's a start. They are all written by Nation IIRC.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

shuzbot wrote:Well, if we can work out what to skip from series 1 the that's a start. They are all written by Nation IIRC.
Never skip a Boucher story though.

As I recall from Series 1 I only skipped Time Squad and The Web, but I think Deliverance was a mistake to watch.

It generally comes down to individual taste.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Mind you if anyone insists on watching Animals from Series 4 then we should have them certified.

I don’t think even Phil Morris would make a case for that one, even if those dastardly Stephen James Walker’s were advocating how sh*te it is.
Marco's Voice

Season 1 - Cygnus Alpha & Duel.
Season 2 - Redemption & Star One.
Season 3 - City at the Edge of the World & Terminal.
Season 4 - Sand & Blake.
Black Orchid

My top ten:

Season 1: The Way Back, Space Fall, Seek-Locate-Destroy.

Season 2: Shadow, Pressure Point, Star One.

Season 3: Children of Auron, Rumours of Death.

Season 4: Orbit, Blake.
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Season 1 - Cygnus Alpha and Duel
Season 2 - Trial, Shadow & Star One
Season 3 - Volcano & Terminal
Season 4 - Sand, Orbit & Blake
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Cyggy, Ginger, Wooksta any input?
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

How about having a B7 rewatch consisting of 13 of the best episodes as voted by the folks on here?

Set up a poll thread, close it after a couple of days or so and the 13 with the most votes we rewatch?
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

I can't do a poll as you can only enter 25 options on a poll and there more than 25 B7 episodes. I know that cos I just typed out all the titles and had to ditch it. I would have to set up 3 different polls.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

The Ginger Cat wrote:How about having a B7 rewatch consisting of 13 of the best episodes as voted by the folks on here?

Set up a poll thread, close it after a couple of days or so and the 13 with the most votes we rewatch?
That sounds like a damn good idea.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

FWIW my top 10.

Season 1: The Way Back, Space Fall, Duel.

Season 2: Shadow, Star One.

Season 3: City at the Edge of the World, Rumours of Death.

Season 4: Sand, Orbit, Blake.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

shuzbot wrote:I can't do a poll as you can only enter 25 options on a poll and there more than 25 B7 episodes. I know that cos I just typed out all the titles and had to ditch it. I would have to set up 3 different polls.
Hold on. Let's see if I can remedy that.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sorry about that Shuz. Anyway, fingers crossed I hope I've done it right.

Blake's 7 Rewatch Poll
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Woo-hoo!

Guess we will leave the poll open till Wednesday day and start in the evenin'
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Season 1: (Nothing. Zilch.)
Season 2: Pressure Point
Season 3: Powerplay
Dawn of the Gods
Harvest of Kairos
Sarcophagus
Terminal
Season 4: Rescue
Headhunter
Assassin
Gold
Orbit
Warlord
Blake

In my defence, Dawn had space Monopoly and Avon trying to get into a survival suit - and that most atypical episode, Harvest of Kairos had... erm, a giant ant thing. And some immortal, unintentionally hilarious dialogue. And a space rock. :?
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to Shuz for starting this thread.

I think it could serve as a great melting pot for future suggestions where we can all throw whole lists of ideas in, with people having to partake of any suggestions they make of course, should their ideas be picked up on. And of course any suggestions would have to be available to watch on either Youtube/Daily Motion etc.

Throwing a few future ideas into the hat, I'm slinging the following future possibilities - all very eclectic, to see if any stick. Figure that if everybody throws in all their random suggestions as they think of them, we should have a nice hatful to pick from in future.

RANDOM FUTURE NOMINATIONS:

One off short tv play "THE COME-UPPANCE OF CAPTAIN KATT:
(It's short - and written by Peter Grimwade as a pointed commentary on Tom Baker's behaviour on set. It's also got Mister Hindle himself in the JNT role. Juvenile stuff, but might be interesting to watch as the fans we are, knowing the history behind Grimwade's dramatising his gripes in this way.)

Either full run (9 eps) - or random single Episode of "STAR COPS"

Full run (6 eps) - or random single Episode of "MOONBASE 3": Terrance and Barry at what they though was their worst, but I think it's a good show - and the last episode "View of a Dead Planet", which I would opt for, is a doozy!

Movie watch of the original "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL". And/or people can opt for the radio version (again with Michael Rennie or that remake.

Either full run or random episode of Nigel Kneale's "BEASTS". Some familiar WHO character actor faces in it too. Mind you, people could possibly veer into these on the existent Quatermass/Kneale thread anyway? Along with THE STONE TAPE or YEAR OF THE SEX OLYMPICS if they're available?

The two DOMINIC HYDE plays if they are available to watch?

Possible rewatch of recently unveiled THE STRANGER (1963) "Australia's Answer to Doctor Who". 12 episodes in all. Or maybe just watch episode 1.

Episode 1 of THE TRIPODS - or vote, then hop, skip and jump through it a la Blake's 7 rewatch. Think the first season is largely uneventful, so maybe skip large portions of the first year.

Sixties Cybermen fan film "DECONSTRUCTION". Only 20 minutes long and reminiscent of those Doctor Who Weekly back up strips with one lone human up against them and no Doctor around to help. The copy is a bit murky, but I found it a worthy effort. Or if you want a complete laugh, "GENE GENIUS". Bookended by Sophie and Sylv in character, this is a Pertwee-era tale as you never expected to see it. :?

Either random episode - or full run of - HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR series. Janet Fielding pops up briefly in one, in her first tv appearance, bless her.

The recent re-recording of the pilot show of the Peter Cushing radio Dr. Who show. Supposed to be 52 episodes but never got beyond the recording of the pilot, which was then promptly lost. The new version is a worthy effort I think and certainly gives you a flavour of the original. Not a bad Cushing voice either imo.

Also like the idea of "taster" episodes of very obscure series. Maybe even an exclusive thread of solo episodes of shows that we might never have had the chance to watch up to now, without anyone committing to a full run. Random episodes of old anthology sci-fi/horror shows might be worth exploring here too?

Or maybe the odd movie now and again, a la the above DAY rewatch. Anyone got any favourites they wanna nominate?

That's all I can think of at the moment, being the first that sprang to mind, but will keep pitching casual ideas for the rewatch hat. :)

Return to “THE REWATCH FORUM”

• Information