How should Planet Mondas fight the Coronavirus?

How should Planet Mondas fight the Coronavirus?

Close the site to all but essential personnel
12%
Insist that members wash their hands after posting
14%
Quarantine all posts for 14 days before approving
8%
Postpone all complaints about delayed blu-ray releases to 2021
10%
Test all jokes before they're allowed on the site
8%
Only post from home
12%
Do the humane thing and shoot Shuzbot
8%
Ration toilet paper to one square meter per member per day
12%
Pick four members by lot to join Ginger Cat and Martin Kinsella in the staff in the bunker
8%
Close down the production of sarcasm until further notice
8%

Total votes : 50

Re: How should Planet Mondas fight the Coronavirus?

Postby shuzbot » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 pm

LizR wrote:The thing is, you can rebulid the economy - it's just something we invented, anyway - but you can't bring dead people back to life. (At least we can't as yet.) So the rational view would be to get rid of the virus, then start rebuliding - havnig supported the population through the interim. That's roughly what NZ has done, if not perfectly then as well as we could.

I saw an article somewhere saying that Corona would force the world to rest it's national debt system, or whatever it's called, to zero. I approve. Set the third world nations free, although they may still make the same mistakes, and build a better future. however, I think the willingness of the rich and powerful who profit from the system would be less willing to give it up. :( See You Next Tuesdays
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby LizR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:28 pm

shuzbot wrote:I saw an article somewhere saying that Corona would force the world to rest it's national debt system, or whatever it's called, to zero. I approve. Set the third world nations free, although they may still make the same mistakes, and build a better future. however, I think the willingness of the rich and powerful who profit from the system would be less willing to give it up. :(

A nice idea, since money is a social construct we've all "bought into" (so to speak) there is no reason why it can't be changed, cancelled, whatever it takes. (I suspect that if we don't do this, some altruistic hacker will eventually break into the world's financial systems and set all accounts to zero, or equalise them - something like this was suggested on a TV programme, I forget which one - that blighter Nation's stolen my robots, as it were, but I don't mind people using my idea on this one.)
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby shuzbot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:25 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... st+type%5D

Leicester facing a local lockdown. Quite right too, get them off the bloody beach. God only knows how that would affect league games if only part of a league cane play
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby The Ginger Cat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 pm

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Polls