China bans time travel

Non Doctor Who discussion.

China bans time travel

Postby bingo99 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:39 am

"No more time-travel drama", authority says it disrespects history
http://www.chinahush.com/2011/04/03/no- ... s-history/

Looks like from now on, DW is for 5/6ths of the Earth only.
"Scriptwriters are confident they'll make a huge impact. Everyone remembers the Daleks and the Cyberman, but not a lot else if they're honest. The Tritovore will change that. They will last long in the memory" - New Who PR, 2009
bingo99

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: China bans time travel

Postby LizR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 am

bingo99 wrote:"No more time-travel drama", authority says it disrespects history
http://www.chinahush.com/2011/04/03/no- ... s-history/

Looks like from now on, DW is for 5/6ths of the Earth only.

Oh. Time travel drama. For a moment there, I was quite excited.

So, will people who make these programmes now be accused of Time Crimes?
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Kamelion » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm

How ridiculous. This ban suggests that the viewing population are so dense as to believe what is presented on screen is an actual account of past events...... numbskulls - have they got Wikipedia in the Orient....? :)
"..and who knows when it will end..."
Kamelion

Postby Bobspoons » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Hmm
Disrespecting history...

I wonder where it will stop as surely some historical dramas that have no connection with sci-fi can often have a very loose basis on actua history. Is that disrespectful? If so, then is anothe ban a-coming?

Alex
Posting name Bobspoons, real name Alex

PS: The avatar picture is "Alfred Chicken", for those of you who love the CBM-Amiga. Saw his pic in an avatar collection, wndered why he was there and decided somebody should keep the legend of Alfred alive.
Bobspoons

Postby shuzbot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 pm

About Time! :x
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby LizR » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:04 am

Kamelion wrote:have they got Wikipedia in the Orient....? :)

Nope, it's a tool of the running dogs of western capitalism. Or possibly a paper tiger. Anyway, some sort of animal-related insult from the little red book...

Although most Chinese people have VPNs, so they can access the various sites that are banned (there are CCP authorised alternatives, but nobody wants to use those).
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Return to THE ZERO ROOM