Which Was the WORST Season of Torchwood?

Discussion of the Doctor Who spin-off programmes including Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.

Which was the WORST season of Torchwood

Season 1
29%
Season 2
No votes
Children of Earth
No votes
Miracle Day
71%

Total votes : 7

Which Was the WORST Season of Torchwood?

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Which was the worst season of Torchwood?

And why?

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Which Was the WORST Season of Torchwood?

Postby LizR » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 pm

"Miracle day" was so bad I gave up watching half way through, and I had stuck with TW up until then despite its failings.
"I have sat here for 13 years weeping at the tragedy of so many people wasting the precious gift of life chasing the mirage of a bigger GDP." -- Jeanette Fitzsimons, in her valedictory speech on leaving parliament.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:31 am

To be honest, I only watched the first episode or so of series 1, but didn't really find it all that engaging, so passed on it.

In latter years I saw firstly MIRACLE DAY as it was broadcast, and then more recently CHILDREN OF EARTH. I thought COE was easily the best one out of all I have seen so far, but I thought it was clearly ripping off elements of the 1979 John Mills QUATERMASS.

Now I just have to go back and watch Season's 1 and 2.

(Strange myths and legends of a horrifying nature surround an episode called CYBERWOMAN - apparently written by an out and out genius, but something went wrong? - but I will hit that brick wall when I get to it.) :?

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby LizR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Not to mention DAY ONE, also a work of staggering genius only marginally derived from"Species" and "Liquid Sky".

The last line of this review seems strangely prophetic:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110725050920/http://www.noisetosignal.org/tv/2006/10/torchwood-day-one.php
"I have sat here for 13 years weeping at the tragedy of so many people wasting the precious gift of life chasing the mirage of a bigger GDP." -- Jeanette Fitzsimons, in her valedictory speech on leaving parliament.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR

Return to DOCTOR WHO SPIN-OFF PROGRAMMES