Torchwood General Thread

Discussion of the Doctor Who spin-off programmes including Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
FordTimelord

Apparently Barrowman's been told by somebody "high up" that the series is dead.

Original thread on digital spy:
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1990722
Kajaboy

:( I like Torchwood. I bet that Moffat bloke is to blame.....even if he isn't it must be his fault. ;)
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
The Krynoid Man

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

You cannot kill what does not live.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
tony ingram

LizR wrote:You cannot kill what does not live.
The crime is Miracle Day. The sentence is death.
The Nimon

Miracle Day killed Torchwood. Its a shame they can't make another mini series and carry it on from COE as i thought it'd got good in that. Forget the US bring it back to Wales.
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Kajaboy

I quite liked Miracle Day. Every series had a different tone and feel to it which I think didn't help much.

On an unrelated note, isn't it about time all those Rate The episode of the week polls are unstuck from the top of the forum now? You have to wade down half the page before you get here now.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Kajaboy wrote:I quite liked Miracle Day. Every series had a different tone and feel to it which I think didn't help much.
Every episode did. In the case of Miracle Day it involved people being very, very stupid for plot reasons...and that was as far as I got.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

I saw series one and two of "Torchwood" but after that I bailed out on it.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The Ginger Cat wrote:I saw series one and two of "Torchwood" but after that I bailed out on it.
Had 2 good episodes by P J Hammond, plus - incredibly - Chris Chibnall managed to do a couple of good 'uns (plus several clunkers). And the much lauded Children of Earth wasn't much good, spoiled by RTD throwing in a load of characters we hadn't had time to buid up any empathy with at the end, plus he killed off the only sympathetic character about half way through the final episode for no obvious reason except perhaps he didn't realise he was the only interesting / sympathetic character. (Who was oddly enough played by a certain Mr Capaldi.)

Kajaboy

Kajaboy wrote:
On an unrelated note, isn't it about time all those Rate The episode of the week polls are unstuck from the top of the forum now? You have to wade down half the page before you get here now.

??? Some of these polls are nearly 3 years old. :shock:
The Nimon

The Ginger Cat wrote:I saw series one and two of "Torchwood" but after that I bailed out on it.
I didn't think much of series 1, just found the Torchwood team too unlikable. Series 2 was better with some rather good episodes, plus the team was now likable. Children of Earth I really liked, a very good mini series. Miracle Day is ten wasted hours of my life i'll never get back, enough plot for 3 episodes stretched over 10. I think the problem was taking it away from Cardiff, worked a lot better as a smaller series.
The Nimon

Kajaboy wrote:I quite liked Miracle Day. Every series had a different tone and feel to it which I think didn't help much.
Yeah I'd agree. As I've said for many years, Children of Earth is the one where they got it right.
Llamastrangler

I think we all knew deep down that there was no way back from Miracle Day. And three years have now gone by. It's dead. :(

Really, though, bringing it back would have entailed such big change to the format that you may as well just make something new.
Have a look at my blog. It's sort of ok

http://llamastranglermarathon.blogspot.com/
The Krynoid Man

I lasted two episodes.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
adamwho

The Krynoid man wrote:
I lasted two episodes.
I didn't make it past ten minutes of Touchwood.
I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it.
Tanlee
Banned From Forum
Banned From Forum

Good riddance
George Agdgdgwngo

Children of the Earth was fine, but the rest bollocks.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I watched every episode of Torchwood up to "Miracle Day". Despite the fact that it was mainly bollocks (yes Children of Earth was OK, but only by Torchwood standards).... and the PJ Hammond episodes were at least good, plus a couple of others (though they might as well have been a different programme from the rest).

However Miracle Day was just too awful. I mean bad taste for one thing, and god knows I'm not short of that myself. But just so achingly badly written........

Llamastrangler

LizR wrote:I watched every episode of Torchwood up to "Miracle Day". Despite the fact that it was mainly bollocks (yes Children of Earth was OK, but only by Torchwood standards).... and the PJ Hammond episodes were at least good, plus a couple of others (though they might as well have been a different programme from the rest).

However Miracle Day was just too awful. I mean bad taste for one thing, and god knows I'm not short of that myself. But just so achingly badly written........
In hindsight it's obvious that RTD wasn't exactly putting his all into Miracle Day. Exhaustion? Who fatigue? His partner's illness? Whatever, an RTD firing on full cylinders would never have allowed such a disaster to happen.
Have a look at my blog. It's sort of ok

http://llamastranglermarathon.blogspot.com/

Return to “DOCTOR WHO SPIN-OFF PROGRAMMES”

• Information