Doctor Who Magazine

Discussion of Doctor Who books, from annuals to Target, Virgin and BBC Books to Fanzines and the official Doctor Who Magazine

Re: Doctor Who Magazine

Postby Heccypoo » Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 pm

The Ginger Cat wrote:Seems Tom's hat on that cover has been photoshopped in...

https://twitter.com/trevorbaxendale/sta ... 8929679360

I thought it looked a bit sh*t... 8-)
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby Zarius » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:23 am

Comic strip

Spoiler: Toggle
phpBB © 2011
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Zarius » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Apparently DWM had a lousy May, with "record breaking" loss of subscriptions
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Rubbernecking » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Zarius wrote:Apparently DWM had a lousy May, with "record breaking" loss of subscriptions

Well at THESE prices, I'm not surprised!
Rubbernecking

Postby iank » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Another business that has yet to figure out that insulting its own core customer base isn't a great idea. :lol:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Rubbernecking » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 pm

iank wrote:Another business that has yet to figure out that insulting its own core customer base isn't a great idea. :lol:

Next month they turn it around by getting Status Quo's Francis Rossi to be the editor.

Might be an obscure reference but
Spoiler: Toggle
phpBB © 2011
Rubbernecking

Postby The Ginger Cat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm

I see another issue of this is supposed to be out tomorrow.

The Essential Doctor Who Issue: Adventures in the Future
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Zarius » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby iank » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Mass sackings as a result of mass cancelled subscriptions?
:D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby The Nimon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 pm

iank wrote:Mass sackings as a result of mass cancelled subscriptions?
:D

We can but hope. The sooner that bunch are gone the better :twisted:
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Postby The Ginger Cat » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Front cover for Doctor Who Magazine #527 then. Nice pic of Zoe there.

Doctor Who Magazine 527
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Zarius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:47 pm

ROFL, they referenced the Twitch memes :lol:
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby DarachAnLaoch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:50 am

Oh Jebus have mercy, this new Time Team are a real pain in the beehive. It’s especially annoying for someone like me who is of their generation and is so embarasssed reading it fearing everyone my age will be tarred with the same brush because of these morons. Their “commentary” starts with “I’m so shook” so I’ve already cringed myself into oblivion. On the subject of the introduction of the Time Lords in Part 10 of ‘The War Games’ one of them comments “I’m already stressed about the lack of women.” Nope, sorry. I’m done. End this now.
DarachAnLaoch

Postby ericthehalfabee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:04 am

DarachAnLaoch wrote:Oh Jebus have mercy, this new Time Team are a real pain in the beehive. It’s especially annoying for someone like me who is of their generation and is so embarasssed reading it fearing everyone my age will be tarred with the same brush because of these morons. Their “commentary” starts with “I’m so shook” so I’ve already cringed myself into oblivion. On the subject of the introduction of the Time Lords in Part 10 of ‘The War Games’ one of them comments “I’m already stressed about the lack of women.” Nope, sorry. I’m done. End this now.

Jesus
ericthehalfabee

Postby Zarius » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:19 am

They also called part one of Deadly Assassin boring due to how much of a gentleman's club the Time Lord politicians are and started fangirling over the prospect of Jodie being involved in the story :roll:

DWM comic strip gave us some interesting insights into the time war...turns out the War Doctor was ok with killing children and when kids were infected with a viral weapon, he ordered Shayde/Faye to kill them. Faye was ultimately overtaken by them when trying to rescue a child and the Doctor and the sisterhood abandoned her, now she wants revenge.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby chap with wings » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:00 pm

I have just resubscribed - loving the new approach and the new ideas. I may not agree with it all but it’s marvellous that new viewers are being given a voice.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

Postby rapscallion » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:25 pm

DarachAnLaoch wrote:Oh Jebus have mercy, this new Time Team are a real pain in the beehive. It’s especially annoying for someone like me who is of their generation and is so embarasssed reading it fearing everyone my age will be tarred with the same brush because of these morons. Their “commentary” starts with “I’m so shook” so I’ve already cringed myself into oblivion. On the subject of the introduction of the Time Lords in Part 10 of ‘The War Games’ one of them comments “I’m already stressed about the lack of women.” Nope, sorry. I’m done. End this now.

Its been a long while since I bought DWM so I've not had the 'pleasure' of this latest Time Team. Think I'd end up ripping the pages into many, many shreds rather than read any of their tripe.

Are there no people on the new Time Team that defend the original show?
rapscallion

Postby rapscallion » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Zarius wrote:They also called part one of Deadly Assassin boring due to how much of a gentleman's club the Time Lord politicians are and started fangirling over the prospect of Jodie being involved in the story :roll:

:roll:
From a bunch of people who probably cite 'Lets Kill Hitler' as a televisual classic.
rapscallion

Postby DarachAnLaoch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:21 pm

rapscallion wrote:

Well they aren’t tearing it to shreds or anything but they just don’t really seem to understand Doctor Who at all. Then they get to “Hell Bent” and totally adulate it even though it’s an infamously reviled episode.
DarachAnLaoch

Postby DarachAnLaoch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:23 pm

rapscallion wrote:

Well they aren’t tearing it to shreds or anything but they just don’t really seem to understand Doctor Who at all. Then they get to “Hell Bent” and totally adulate it even though it’s an infamously reviled episode.
DarachAnLaoch

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO IN PRINT