2017-2020 Merchandise

Discussion on all ranges of Doctor Who merchandise.

Re: 2017-2019 Merchandise

Postby The Ginger Cat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:03 am

Heccypoo wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:This looks more like Cindy Beale...

https://twitter.com/CollectBigChief/sta ... 9288440832

This figure is being launched on what Big Chief call 'Launchpad'.

If they reach their pre order target, over a 40 day period, the figure will go into production.

If it doesn't hit the target, it'll be binned.

The 13th Doctor action figure dolly has 16 days of the per order time left... They need to hit a target of 500 Jodie's..

They are stuck at 324... Order yours now or miss the chance to own a £239 plastic doll that has a better acting range than Ms Whittaker.. 8-)

Don't worry, I'm sure Chap with wings will order one. :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby iank » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 am

Well, that's one sale anyway. :lol:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby LizR » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:42 am

Actually the figure seems to have a bit of gravitas, maybe they should get it in when the Doctor has to grandstand...?
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby ericthehalfabee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:20 am

LizR wrote:Actually the figure seems to have a bit of gravitas, maybe they should get it in when the Doctor has to grandstand...?

:lol:
ericthehalfabee

Postby Heccypoo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:30 pm

In general, I like Big Chief's stuff.

I just can't stand Jodie Whittaker... I'd rather watch David Tennent, in all his scenery chewing glory, than subject myself to her excruciating performance

I've got a few Big Chief action figure dollies, the James Bond Goldfinger stuff, Scott and Virgil from Thunderbirds, a Matt Smith and a great sixth scale TARDIS.

From what I've heard, via an e mail exchange with Big Chief, the next 'Who' sixth scale, action figure dolly for 'Launchpad', is someone who reversed the polarity of the neutron flow... 8-)

That'll be worth going on the ASDA Smartprice baked bean diet ... :oops:
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby Spam Fritter » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:47 am

Sellers on Amazon and eBay appear to be listing a new Character Options set - fourth Doctor regenerated with Tardis - released 26th Feb.

Some have it as B&M exclusive.

New packaging to the standard B&M range
Spam Fritter

Postby Heccypoo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 pm

Here's a pic of the revised, up coming 3rd Doctor, Action Man dollie, coming soon from Big Chief Studios...

No prices as yet..
Heccypoo

Postby The Ginger Cat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Heccypoo wrote:Here's a pic of the revised, up coming 3rd Doctor, Action Man dollie, coming soon from Big Chief Studios...

No prices as yet..

That look's the business. Expect I'd have to flog my arse on the streets to afford it though.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby The Ginger Cat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Some new stuff from B&M that's coming soon:

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co. ... -who-sets/

Character Options announces new Doctor Who lines planned for B&M Stores

New Malden, London 11th June 2019

Character Options is delighted to announce a new series of exclusive Doctor Who toys that will be available later this summer from local B&M stores (UK variety retailer). Full details of the product line-up (with images) will be revealed in the coming weeks but here’s a small taster of what will be available.

Fans of the Doctor’s Sonic Screwdrivers will be able to get their hands on a heritage set of three popular incarnations.. The new blister-pack series will include electronic versions, inspired by the 50th anniversary episode, of the Tenth, Eleventh and War Doctor’s sonics.

For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.

This year there will be not one, but two new TARDIS & Doctor sets released, each with a completely new take on both the Doctor and the blue box, inspired by adventures spanning the 1970s and 1980s.

To complete the summer line-up there are three brand new collector sets with a range of three figures in each, inspired by the Classic adventures of the Second, Fourth, Sixth and Seventh Doctors.

Al Dewar, Creative Director at Character Options commented: “We are delighted to announce this first taster of what’s to come from our B&M stores Doctor Who toy range. To reveal the visuals of these brand new products, we plan to do a full unveiling live, which will take place ‘unboxing style’ on Character Options’ own Youtube channel in July; details of the time and date will be announced.”
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby chemicalsunshine » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 am

Yeah it looks like the "new" sets might be just repaints and reissues of CO figures, shame I was really hoping for new, old series companions and monsters. Im not complaining though I never bought up the original figures when they were first released, and they go for crazy amounts of money on ebay.

If they look good I might snatch a few.
chemicalsunshine

Postby The Ginger Cat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:20 pm

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Heccypoo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:07 pm

The Big Chief, Third Doctor, 12 inch Dollie is now up for pre - order on their website.

With, depending on the way you pay, bonus Maggot accessories...

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/collectables/doctor-who/sixth-scale-figures/third-doctor?fbclid=IwAR2TGWU3MUlAXSMOuUsTaDudsIdl6ZCEGPw4QzVUAYuzUXpwpDWehnDru9g

Also included in the limited run, a Katy Manning autograph... :jo:

The standard accessories supplied with the figure are:

1 x Sonic Screwdriver
1 x Remote Control for Bessie
1 x Magnifying Glass
1 x Metebelis Crystal
1 x Sea Devil Gun
1 x Day of The Daleks Guerrilla Gun
1 x TARDIS Key
1 x Watch

I have commenced my 68th ASDA Smartprice baked bean diet....

All air traffic and shipping routes have been warned... :oops:
Heccypoo

Postby Heccypoo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Wait, there's more from Big Chief....

For all of those of you excited about the upcoming release of The Third Doctor Dollie,

Big Chief have put out the schedule for more Classic Who,12 inch Action Man Dollies..

Oh please yourselves.... :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudio ... hp&theater
Heccypoo

Postby The Ginger Cat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Cor...

DOCTOR WHO B&M UNBOXING

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby LizR » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:09 am

Did anyone post this? I'm assured they're genuine by a friend on another forum... :D
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby paulhickling » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:56 pm

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/07/ch ... ction.html

Don't usually take much interest in the figures, but it seems to me that there are some inaccuracies here. Those Sontarans with Harry Sullivan look suspiciously identical to the Two Doctors ones. Apart from not looking like Kevin Lindsey they have the same TD outfits. Or am I being too picky?
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ginger Cat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:24 am

The Thirteenth Doctor dolly things are going like hot cakes then I see...

https://twitter.com/ProgtorWho/status/1 ... 7264285696
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby shuzbot » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:13 am

De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Rob Mammone » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:16 am

Hi all - Mark and I recorded an interview for the 42 to Doomsday podcast with a retailer and also a collector of Doctor Who merchandise where we discussed the current state of merchandise.

It makes for some interesting (and sobering) listening.

Head here https://42todoomsday.wordpress.com/2019 ... -tat-gone/ for a listen or available in your podcasting app of choice...but mainly iTunes!
Have a listen to 42 to Doomsday, a new podcast hosted by me and Mark. We chat about Doctor Who. Hardly innovative, but lots of fun (hopefully!)

Where you can go to download: http://42todoomsday.hipcast.com/rss/42_to_doomsday.xml

Tweet the hell out of us: https://twitter.com/42TODoomsday

Or visit our blog: http://42todoomsday.wordpress.com

Or spam us at: 42todoomsday@gmail.com
Rob Mammone

Postby The Ginger Cat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:31 am

Tom Baker Fourth Doctor dolly is up for pre-order or something. I dunno, the hair and one of his lamps on it look a bit dodgy to me...

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/colle ... ive-series
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to DOCTOR WHO COLLECTIBLES