Whooverville Conventions

Discussion of upcoming Doctor Who events, conventions, book-signings and social gatherings.

WhooverVille 2 , Sunday 5th September

Postby The Nimon » Tue May 18, 2010 10:22 pm

After the very positive reaction to our first convention last year, the Whoovers in association with the Midland Railway Butterley are thrilled to announce:

WHOOVERVILLE 2
The Second Steam Train Ride to Gallifrey
SUNDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2010
Midland Railway Butterley, Ripley near Derby

First 2 Guests, Sophie Aldred and Katy Manning

Further announcements very soon, including guests, pricing (reduced from last year) and how to buy tickets.
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: WhooverVille 2 , Sunday 5th September

Postby Mike Nuttall » Wed May 19, 2010 2:45 am

Mmm interesting. Steam train?

Any snaps from the last one to give us a flavour?
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby The Nimon » Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Yes here's a few of my pics from the day, it was heald in one of the engine sheds, Tickets are to go on sale soon and cost £25:

Colin and Anneke greeting guests at the station

What really is inside a Dalek

Colin Demands the heads of the other Doctors

Me trying to nick the Tardis
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Mon May 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Some more guests to announce for Whooverville:

TRISTAN PEATFIELD

Set decorator on several episodes of Doctor Who since The Runaway Bride, Stand-by Art Director on The Vampires of Venice and Art Director on Amy's Choice. Also has credits (either Art Director or Stand-by) on upcoming Series 5 episodes. Making his convention debut.

DEE SADLER
Dee is best known to Doctor Who fans as 'Flower Child' in The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

SEAN SAYE

Singer-songwriter and monster actor. One of the new design Daleks in Victory of the Daleks, a Scarecrow in Human Nature/Family of Blood and a UNIT Soldier in Aliens of London. Sean is also making his convention debut.

JOHN WALKER

John has worked as an extra in several episodes of Doctor Who since The Christmas Invasion, notably as a Shakespearean Actor in The Shakespeare Code (for which he has his own Battles in Time card), and a patient in New Earth. He has also appeared in episodes of Torchwood, Being Human, Life on Mars, Survivors, Day of the Triffids etc. John too is making his convention debut.
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Another gust has been added to this event, Debroah Watling. :Dalek:
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Thu May 27, 2010 8:38 pm

many thanks, it was a really good day and i even got to dress up as an OOD for a while :10thDoctor:
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Tickets for Whooverville 2 are now on sale and can be found here:

http://www.midlandrailwaycentre.co.uk/p ... s.html#who
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 pm

We are delighted to say that

JOHN LEESON
has agreed at very short notice, to join us at Whooverville. John of course, is best remembered by Doctor Who fans as the original voice of K9, a role that he has recently reprised in the New Series story School Reunion, in the Sarah Jane Adventures and in the Australian K9 series, recently (part) shown on Disney XD. However he has had a long and distinguished career, which has encompassed roles as varied as Bungle in Rainbow, wine expert and question-setter for Mastermind.
Just to be clear, John will be joining us as a full (unsponsored) Whoovers guest, so there will be no charge for his autograph.

Because the Midland Railway is such a large site, we can sell almost unlimited tickets for this event, so no-one who turns up on the day will be turned away.
The Nimon

Whooverville 3, Saturday 3rd September

Postby The Nimon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:48 pm

This Info from Steve Hatcher about the event:

A new venue and a new day for our third Whooverville event. Although we have loved the unique atmosphere of the Midland Railway Butterley, we recognise that this isn't the easiest of venues to get to, especially on a Sunday. So, for Whoovervile 3, we have decided to move into the city of Derby itself (90 mins by rail from London), and work with our friends at the rather wonderful, state-of-the-art Quad arts centre, right in the city centre, on the Market Place, (which was the venue for our recent meeting with Daphne Ashbrook). The event will again be on the first weekend in September, but we have decided to do it on the Saturday, rather than the Sunday.
Although we will miss the steam trains and the unique 'only Doctor Who convention in an engine shed' tag-line of past years, this will still emphatically be Whooverville, with all the friendly, welcoming atmosphere that we have become famous for and with the added advantages of all the Quad has to offer. We hope you will continue to support us. We hope to make guest announcements in the New Year.
We would like to thank the Midland Railway for all they have done for Whooverville over the last two years and to assure friends who have come to love that special venue that we will be having discussions with them very soon about working together on another event.

I'll update this when guests are announced
The Nimon

Whooverville, Saturday 1st September 2012

Postby Mike Nuttall » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 am

The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Whooverville, Saturday 1st September 2012

Postby The Nimon » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Will Barton, who played Midge in Survival, has been added to the guest list on this event
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 am

Another guest added to this:

Lawry Lewin who guest starred in David Tennant's final adventure 'The End of Time' as the cactus-faced Rossiter.
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Richard Franklin, who played Mike Yates, has now been added to this event
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:10 pm

The Last main guest has now been announced for this. It is Louise Jameson who played Leela. There are a few more guests to be announced but these will be sponsored guests taken there by Tenth Planet
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 pm

I shall be putting on a small display of replica / real costumes and memorabila from Doctor who / Red Dwarf at this event. Some items showing belonged to the 80s Doctor who Producer John Nathan Turner
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:54 pm

A sponsored guest at Whooverville 4:

We are delighted to announce that KATY MANNING will be with us at Whooverville 4, as a guest of our friends from Fantom Films. Katy will be on their stall, selling signing copies of their new Who Girls Calendar
The Nimon

Postby Mike Nuttall » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:55 am

It's turning out to be a very very impressive guest list, Nick 8-)

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby chap with wings » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:18 am

Katy is just fab.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

Postby The Nimon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 am

Mike Nuttall wrote:It's turning out to be a very very impressive guest list, Nick 8-)

Indeed so, all the main guests have been announced but theres still some sponsored guests to be announced that i think Tenth Planet are taking. I think Katy is only there for 2 hours but it's still going over to meet her, she's a birlliant person :)
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:15 am

chap with wings wrote:Katy is just fab.

I've met her a few times now Ed and i agree she is fab and a little bit mad. The Utopia convetion i went to in May had her there. Friday night i was sitting with some friends who had a baby. Next thing I know Katy spots the baby, runs across the room and is sitting next to me holding the baby and making 'goo goo' noises :)
The Nimon

Next

Return to DOCTOR WHO EVENTS