Nicholas Briggs' Jekyll and Hyde

Discussion of upcoming Doctor Who events, conventions, book-signings and social gatherings.

Nicholas Briggs' Jekyll and Hyde

Postby RussellMcGee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:55 am

Hello all!

Russell McGee here, some time Doctor Who writer and Big Finish sound designer, for any Whovians in Indiana...just thought you might like to know that I am directing Nick Briggs' Jekyll and Hyde in Bloomington, IN. We opened last friday, April 12th and the show closes this Saturday, April 20th.

We have received favorable reviews:

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald_tim ... Jbbjhy6hxE

AND The Five(ish) Fan Girls featured the production on a special hour podcast:

http://thefiveishfangirlspodcast.blogsp ... ew-of.html

This is the first time the play has been performed Stateside! If you are interested in seeing the production, you may purchase tickets here:

https://bctboxoffice.org/event/jekyll-hyde/

#######

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 21, 2019
For further information, contact
Paul Daily
Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center
(812) 330-4400
pdaily3@ivytech.edu

IVY TECH STUDENT PRODUCTION OF JEKYLL AND HYDE OPENS APRIL 12

BLOOMINGTON, IN –Tickets are now available for the Ivy Tech Community College-Bloomington student production of Nicholas Briggs’ Jekyll and Hyde, a stage adaptation of Robert Louis Stephenson’s The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Briggs’ production was first presented at the Theatre Royal Nottingham on August 1st, 2015. The Ivy Tech production marks its United States premiere following a successful regional tour of the United Kingdom. In his adaptation, playwright, Nicholas Briggs, the voice of the Daleks and Cybermen in Doctor Who, explores the dark story of Dr. Jekyll, who seeks to prove there is good and evil in every person. In doing so, Jekyll’s experiments, while proving to be true, unveil his evil alter ego, Mr. Hyde.

Director Russell McGee, Audio Editor at Big Finish Productions and On-Air Promotions Producer/Coordinator at WTIU-TV (PBS,) says, “I’ve always been fascinated by the duality of the soul and the idea that we all wear masks in life.” The fascination led him to explore the Roman deity Janus: the two-faced god who is guardian of portals and patron of beginnings and endings.

The Ivy Tech spring production of Jekyll and Hyde concludes a season in which Producer Paul Daily sought to explore the eternal question of evil with a wide range of approaches. Daily says, “This production ends the season on a note of warning. We may think we have control when playing with evil, when in reality it controls us.”

Jekyll and Hyde runs April 12-20, 2019. Student and Senior tickets are five dollars. Adult tickets are fifteen dollars. Tickets can be purchased at the Buskirk Chumley Ticket Office at 114 E. Kirkwood Avenue, or by visiting http://www.bctboxoffice.org.

ABOUT THE IVY TECH JOHN WALDRON ARTS CENTER
The Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center is located in downtown Bloomington. The Center provides space for credit and non-credit coursework, 6 galleries, and 2 performance spaces.

ABOUT IVY TECH:
Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana. It serves as the state's engine of workforce development, offering affordable degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its community along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.

###

MEDIA ADVISORY:

WHAT: Jekyll and Hyde, an Ivy Tech Student Production
WHO: Ivy Tech Community College-Bloomington
WHEN: April 12-20, 2019 7:30 pm.
WHERE: The Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center Rose Firebay, 122 S. Walnut St., Bloomington, IN 47404

RussellMcGee

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Return to DOCTOR WHO EVENTS