What's Next Speculation (Evil)

Forum to discuss Doctor Who animations, official or unofficial.

What's Next Speculation (Evil)

Postby shuzbot » Mon May 25, 2020 1:35 pm

Rob Ritchie tweeted a photo of his desk back in February. His monitor is visible and the title of the file he's working on is 'Maxtibles lab'. It could be a coincidence or something else he's working on.

They said they wanted one more Troughton after Fury cos it's Pat's 100th birthday!

Or is it just the Power Special edition to come this year?
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: What's Next Speculation (Evil)

Postby iank » Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Given that guy actually confirmed Fury months in advance, and everyone thought he was kidding and ignored him, maybe! :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby ESESEL » Tue May 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Great catch! Hope it's true. I'm not sure they can manage to do 7 episodes for this year, but if they were already working on it in February, then mmmaybe... :)
I'm a student - my only source is Wikipedia.

"Knowing's easy; everyone does that ad nauseam. I just sort of hope."
ESESEL

Postby shuzbot » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:44 pm

People on GB seem to think that Evil and Snowmen are one the cards next despite no announcement. One of the animators tweeted something that seemed to suggest Evil might be coming, while there was a podcast that seemed to suggest The Underwater Menace.

Also, no announcement on the next BR release but Season 20 keeps coming up.
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Happygolucky » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:21 pm

shuzbot wrote:People on GB seem to think that Evil and Snowmen are one the cards next despite no announcement. One of the animators tweeted something that seemed to suggest Evil might be coming, while there was a podcast that seemed to suggest The Underwater Menace.

Also, no announcement on the next BR release but Season 20 keeps coming up.

That was a good spot shuzbot , Evil would be the most welcome but not if they sod up the Trought likeness again, I was very disappointed with Faceless Ones, this needs some serious ( if true, which I feel it is) attention to detail as it's another firecracker of a story. Snowmen would be an easier option to animate after Evil as there's less characters and set work, I'd love this as it's another lost gem. UWM hmm, they already started work on this years ago then shelved it, the images that leaked out were good likenesses but whether they would use these is debatable? I would feel very disappointed to be honest having to buy UWM again as I've already made my own better version than the BBC shitty telesnap effort, I used the Loose Cannon reconstructions and it came out really well abridging the original episodes with these. It's great that they want another story out this year to coincide with the Trought and his centenary but I don't want a shoddy rushed effort, that would be yet another disservice to Pat.
Hopefully your keeping well ?
Regards HGL. PS , I've just fell hook line and sinker for the double dipping disease, I've paid zoom for the pre-order of Power of the Daleks SE, I'm a sad case pal. Take care of yourself.
Happygolucky

Postby shuzbot » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Happygolucky wrote:
Hopefully your keeping well ?
Regards HGL. PS , I've just fell hook line and sinker for the double dipping disease, I've paid zoom for the pre-order of Power of the Daleks SE, I'm a sad case pal. Take care of yourself.

Doing just dandy, thanks HGL!

I have been a sucker for double-dipping in the past, but not this time :lol: It's only that Whiakker's World extra that is even tempting to me.

That was a good spot shuzbot, Evil would be the most welcome but not if they sod up the Trought likeness again, I was very disappointed with Faceless Ones, this needs some serious ( if true, which I feel it is) attention to detail as it's another firecracker of a story.

I don't know why they don't just try and get the eyes right. If think they have developed an in house style and are determined to stick with it. It's frustrating cos on one of the extras on the Faceless Ones they are drawing Pat and looking they are getting it right :?
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Happygolucky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 am

shuzbot wrote:

I don't know why they don't just try and get the eyes right. If think they have developed an in house style and are determined to stick with it. It's frustrating cos on one of the extras on the Faceless Ones they are drawing Pat and looking they are getting it right :?

I saw that too, it was fantastic, i think the dude used a freeze frame from an episode and then he drew over it and i actually gasped and thought yes!!!. I then realised that someone else must be pulling the strings because this quality of likeness doesn't appear anywhere in the story, sad. :cry:
To fund my silly double dipping, I will be taking Servo's advice though and selling off my standard DVD's that i've replaced with Blu-ray boxsets and the like, this will help towards my new purchases , it can get bloody expensive!! Glad you're well, I haven't forgotten your generous help with certain books way back when, really appreciated that fella. I'm still giving away LC recons on DVD to needy souls, although I've slowed it down to a crawl, it's quite a dear do, replacing ink cartridges and printable DVD labels.
Regards HGL.
Happygolucky

Return to DOCTOR WHO ANIMATION - OFFICIAL & UNOFFICIAL