What story should be animated next ?

Forum to discuss Doctor Who animations, official or unofficial.

What story should be animated next ?

Postby xylok b » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Now we’ve had the power of the daleks and shada , which story do you think should be animated for a dvd release next ?
xylok b

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: What story should be animated next ?

Postby iank » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Missing stories should take priority (though I'd rather you know who got off his arse and gave us the real things back) but if they're thinking outside the box as they did with Shada I wouldn't mind seeing them have a go at The Nightmare Fair. Audio's already done after all.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby LizR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:22 am

Well being a (ahem) sucker for Daleks, especially ones that are actually scary (while carrying out completely insane schemes), I'd have to go with Evil and Masterplan. Once those cravings have been satisfied I'll be able to think straight about the others.
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby whoscarf3 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 am

Agree with Masterplan with Mission and Evil of the Daleks
whoscarf3

Postby Caligari71 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Given that two episodes already exist and just because I quite like it, what about The Crusade? Beyond that, Master Plan, Toymaker and Macra Terror for me. In the latter case, the illustrators might make the Macra slightly more convincing!
Caligari71

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Marco Polo, and released in a 'Complete First Season' blu-ray set, which includes a 4K scan of that episode of the Daleks that was recorded on 35mm film (albeit the output from a 405 line videocamera)
'teleportNOW!'

Postby History Tourist » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am

What I want most are "Marco Polo" from Hartnell and "Fury from the Deep" or "The HIghlanders" from Troughton.

What we're most likely to get is one of the remaining Dalek or Cyberman stories. "Evil of the Daleks" and "The Wheel in Space" do have the advantage of introducing new companions, so that's a plus for continuity junkies too.
History Tourist

Postby darnall42 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:28 pm

i'd go for marco polo.with a colour and B/W option (especially now it looks like the classic series blu ray season sets are coming)
darnall42

Postby ianj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 pm

8-) Evil - next November, please
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 pm

History Tourist wrote:What I want most are "Marco Polo" from Hartnell and "Fury from the Deep" or "The HIghlanders" from Troughton.

What we're most likely to get is one of the remaining Dalek or Cyberman stories. "Evil of the Daleks" and "The Wheel in Space" do have the advantage of introducing new companions, so that's a plus for continuity junkies too.

There's new companions in The Myth Makers and Dalek Masterplan too... they just all die :floorroll:
'teleportNOW!'

Postby History Tourist » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm

"The Dalek Masterplan" is pretty much the George R.R. Martin version of Doctor Who, isn't it?
History Tourist

Postby ericthehalfabee » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:02 pm

History Tourist wrote:"The Dalek Masterplan" is pretty much the George R.R. Martin version of Doctor Who, isn't it?

Nowhere near enough boobs :D
ericthehalfabee

Postby LizR » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:46 pm

History Tourist wrote:"The Dalek Masterplan" is pretty much the George R.R. Martin version of Doctor Who, isn't it?

Now there's someone I'd like to see writing for Who - preferably his younger incarnation, the one that wrote "Fevre Dream" and "In the house of the worm".
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby LizR » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:47 pm

ericthehalfabee wrote:

Nowhere near enough boobs :D

Now, now, dear boy, no need for that. Anyway, we prefer to call them Billyfluffs.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Ginger Cat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:01 am

Dunno, think I'll probably go for either The Abominable Snowmen or Fury from the Deep.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Hewy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:46 am

Guessing as we have had a Dalek's story it will be Cyber based - so "Wheel In Space" there has been a bit of a buzz around it lately - it will sell well.
"... But you can't rewrite history, not one line ..." Driven by Hewylogic© inside

"...we had the satisfaction of finding the finest harbour in the world, in which a thousand sail of the line may ride in the most perfect security..."
— Governor Arthur Phillip, 15 May 1788 Sydney Cove - Port Jackson
Hewy

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:52 pm

feline1 wrote:Marco Polo, and released in a 'Complete First Season' blu-ray set, which includes a 4K scan of that episode of the Daleks that was recorded on 35mm film (albeit the output from a 405 line videocamera)

Yeah come on, restoration team! We want the 1080i upscale on BluRay of all that 405-line footage!
Animated Marco Polo with a re-recorded 5.1 Tristram Cary score by MArk Ayres. GET IN!
'teleportNOW!'

Postby greystone_06 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 pm

I'd go for Evil, or Fury from the Deep.
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
greystone_06

Postby greystone_06 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

I'd go for Evil, or Fury from the Deep.
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
greystone_06

Postby The Nimon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Macra Terror would be nice, bit of a overlooked story in my opionion
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Next

Return to DOCTOR WHO ANIMATION - OFFICIAL & UNOFFICIAL