Moffat Confirmed For Series 10

For discussion of series 10 of Doctor Who starring Peter Capaldi

Re: Moffat Confirmed For Series 10

Postby The Nimon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:23 pm

If I'm being honest, I really liked Colin's costume when I was a kid. I still think its kind of fun now
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby Heccypoo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:57 am

I've never really had a problem with Colin or his costume.

Personally, I found his first series not bad at all, had its clunkers, but in the main it's all good stuff.

It's certainly (script wise) no worse than any NuWho.

I only wished they had saved his first story for his first series and we could have had one more Peter Davison story on TV to build up more of a relationship between the 5th Doc and Peri (yes, yes, Big Finish blah, blah, blah) and end it 'traditionally' with Caves of Androzani.

Colin is an excellent actor, certainly better than Tom Baker, who just played Tom Baker. Tom was lucky that it fitted The Doctor.

It's a shame that Colin didn't get a fairer go of it on TV.
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby The Nimon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Heccypoo wrote:I've never really had a problem with Colin or his costume.

Personally, I found his first series not bad at all, had its clunkers, but in the main it's all good stuff.

I only wished they had saved his first story for his first series and we could have had one more Peter Davison story on TV to build up more of a relationship between the 5th Doc and Peri (yes, yes, Big Finish blah, blah, blah) and end it 'traditionally' with Caves of Androzani.

Colin is an excellent actor, certainly better than Tom Baker, who just played Tom Baker. Tom was lucky that it fitted The Doctor.

Yes Colin was served badly. Its a shame he didn't do more or had better scripts
The Nimon

Postby Tobias Vaughan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:02 am

The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:I've never really had a problem with Colin or his costume.

Yes Colin was served badly. Its a shame he didn't do more or had better scripts

Excellent is an exaggeration, but he was/is certainly a capable actor who was unfairly hamstrung by stupid costumes and bonnie f@cking langford!!!

ps. to be fair Bonnie (and colin) was excellent in the BF the One doctor :6doctor:
I saw 'The Purge, Election Year' last night, I couldn't make out whether it was fiction or a party political broadcast on behalf of the Republican party...
Tobias Vaughan

Postby Greyhawk » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Braxiatel wrote:http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/steven-moffat-on-board-for-doctor-who.html?m=1

God ******* damn it!..... He really is trying outdo John Nathan-Turner's record.

Damn... more crap.
"YOU INTERNET BULLY. COME OUT AND I WILL PHYSICALLY ASSAULT YOU FOR QUOTING ME ON THE INTERNET!!!"
- Bored of Canada (paraphrasing iamthedoctor)

"Makes me want to just pack up and quit and go to another site where we dont have all these rules."
"This is getting crazy now. Its supposed to be a discussion site."
"...me and him just meet in a public place so I can give him a bloody good kicking..."
"So if thats the case we re getting 44 episodes in november then!"
"Is William Hurt making a appearance in Saturdays episode?"
"Has Frasier Hines said hes done a commentary for Fury?"
- iamthedoctor

"...sh*t posters will sh*t post..."
"HE WAS MEAN TO ME ON THE INTERNET!"
- Bored of Canada

"You are everything that is wrong with this thread. Cheap insults from behind a keyboard."
- DOOMSTER
Greyhawk

Postby The Nimon » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:32 pm

I see it as a win win situation. For people that like Moffat's running of Doctor Who then it is, of course, good news. And for people who like to moan about Moffat's Doctor Who it gives them another whole year of stuff to moan about. It's also good for the small amount of trolls too (not aimed at anyone here) as they do like to be fed :D
The Nimon

Postby LizR » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:45 am

Yeah, another year of moaning!!! :D

Phew. For a moment there I thought we might actually have to enjoy the greatest SF programme ever made. Saved by the Moff!
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Nimon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 pm

LizR wrote:Yeah, another year of moaning!!! :D

Phew. For a moment there I thought we might actually have to enjoy the greatest SF programme ever made. Saved by the Moff!

Well I do wonder with some, they do seem to protest a bit too much, they must therefore be enjoying the complaining :D
The Nimon

Postby chesterfield » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 pm

I really don't enjoy the complaining, I really want to enjoy the show. I don't see the fault as mine, I see it as Moffat's. He's a great writer but as a showrunner he's been terrible and the show won't improve until he's gone.
chesterfield

Postby iank » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:28 pm

No, no, chesterfield, Nimon's right. It's not Moffat's fault that New Who is sh*t, it's ours.

Makes sense. :floorroll:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby shuzbot » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:32 pm

:floorroll:
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Mike Nuttall » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:24 am

Steven Moffat's take on Doctor Who has never really been my cup of tea so I think it'll be good for the programme when he moves on to new pastures. He's done long enough now.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby LizR » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:25 am

The Nimon wrote:

Well I do wonder with some, they do seem to protest a bit too much, they must therefore be enjoying the complaining :D

Moaning can indicate enjoyment... ;)
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Nimon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:18 pm

iank wrote:No, no, chesterfield, Nimon's right. It's not Moffat's fault that New Who is sh*t, it's ours.

Makes sense. :floorroll:

Who is to say that new who is sh*t though, can you show the definative answer? Some people think its sh*t, some people think its ok, some people think it is excellent. Who is right? It's all a matter of that persons opinion, enjoyment and taste in entertainment. I'm not the one who has questioned if someone who likes new who is a ture fan or not.
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:20 pm

LizR wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Moaning can indicate enjoyment... ;)

I know, thats why i said some would be happy :) :)
The Nimon

Postby The Nimon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:35 pm

chesterfield wrote:I really don't enjoy the complaining, I really want to enjoy the show. I don't see the fault as mine, I see it as Moffat's. He's a great writer but as a showrunner he's been terrible and the show won't improve until he's gone.

Well the answer is it isn't, i've not said that anything is anyones fault. We all like and dislike diffrent things and diffrent eras of the show, its a diverse fandom and what makes being part of it fun. I've been in fandom quite a while now and there are a small number of fans who like to complain about almost anything and everything, hence why I said they will be happy. I know I like a good moan from time to time.
The Nimon

Postby LizR » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 pm

chesterfield wrote: He's a great writer but as a showrunner he's been terrible and the show won't improve until he's gone.

Arguably so was RTD (admittedly not a great science fiction writer). I think it's the whole showrunner system that doesn't work, or at least hasn't worked very well so far.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Previous

Return to SERIES 10