Moffat Confirmed For Series 10

For discussion of series 10 of Doctor Who starring Peter Capaldi

Re: Moffat Confirmed For Series 10

Postby ESESEL » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Allons-y wrote:It seems extremely unlikely that the BBC would rest one of their most popular programmes and biggest money spinners, especially as it's at an all time high. Unless it's something like they did in 2009 to sort things out behind the scenes, but with Moffat confirmed for Series 10 even that seems unlikely.

Well, the article only says Moff signed up for another year, doesn't it? So it might as well be just a bunch of specials... Besides, if there were less Doctor who during the year, they could fill the year with releasing all those missing episodes that so have been returned, right??? 8-) :D
I'm a student - my only source is Wikipedia.

"Knowing's easy; everyone does that ad nauseam. I just sort of hope."
ESESEL

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby The Nimon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Allons-y wrote:It seems extremely unlikely that the BBC would rest one of their most popular programmes and biggest money spinners, especially as it's at an all time high. Unless it's something like they did in 2009 to sort things out behind the scenes, but with Moffat confirmed for Series 10 even that seems unlikely.

Maybe it could be something like what they did in 2012 and 13, splitting the season?
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Postby Allons-y » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:17 am

The Nimon wrote:

Maybe it could be something like what they did in 2012 and 13, splitting the season?

That's possible, I hope not, that was a stupid idea.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

Postby LizR » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:43 am

I believe it's being split over three years, as with QI we're getting a W series, an H series and an O series.

Which will bring it to about the same frequency as "Sherlock" ...
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby The Nimon » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm

LizR wrote:I believe it's being split over three years, as with QI we're getting a W series, an H series and an O series.

Which will bring it to about the same frequency as "Sherlock" ...

:lol:
The Nimon

Postby Tobias Vaughan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:22 pm

iank wrote:He's already killed it for me. One shudders to imagine what more damage he can do with another two years of this s**t.
:D i love reading your sh*te, really cheers me up, all hil the moff, in the words of mike bassett 'FOUR MORE YEARS'
I saw 'The Purge, Election Year' last night, I couldn't make out whether it was fiction or a party political broadcast on behalf of the Republican party...
Tobias Vaughan

Postby Tobias Vaughan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Allons-y wrote:Why is it that the people who "have left the series for good" are always so keen to bang on about it? If you don't like it and have decided to stop watching it, great, then stop talking about it and constantly reminding everyone you don't like it.
GREAT POST!!!
I saw 'The Purge, Election Year' last night, I couldn't make out whether it was fiction or a party political broadcast on behalf of the Republican party...
Tobias Vaughan

Postby LizR » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:27 am

I stopped watching it in 1977. But I was lured back around 1995 when it was on UK Gold, and haven't stopped since.

So it can happen!!!
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby bobmcpherson » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:37 am

So I am at a fourth of July barbecue(No offense intended to my English friends here) and I start talking to two kids going to college on Computer programing degrees....want to go into the video game industry..............AND THEY WATCH DOCTOR WHO...............and......

they both said that last season was so awful that they are going to stop watching until Moffat leaves.

It was a pleasant surprise since I tend to think that most people below thirty are morons or ming mongs.(Man that is still such an odd phrase....it makes them sound like they are evil munchkins or bad ping pong players. You wacky Brits with your quaint phrases).

Anyway there is apparently hope in the younger generation............
bobmcpherson

Postby The Nimon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:19 pm

bobmcpherson wrote:So I am at a fourth of July barbecue(No offense intended to my English friends here) and I start talking to two kids going to college on Computer programing degrees....want to go into the video game industry..............AND THEY WATCH DOCTOR WHO...............and......

they both said that last season was so awful that they are going to stop watching until Moffat leaves.

It was a pleasant surprise since I tend to think that most people below thirty are morons or ming mongs.(Man that is still such an odd phrase....it makes them sound like they are evil munchkins or bad ping pong players. You wacky Brits with your quaint phrases).

Well a mate of mine at work was mixed on it, liked some and not others, another one loved it and another saw a bit of Planet of Spiders the other night on Horror and though that was sh*te. What all this means i have no idea but doesn't really add to backing up if the series classic or new is any good at all.
The Nimon

Postby Tobias Vaughan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:06 pm

The Nimon wrote:
bobmcpherson wrote:So I am at a fourth of July barbecue(No offense intended to my English friends here) and I start talking to two kids going to college on Computer programing degrees....want to go into the video game industry..............AND THEY WATCH DOCTOR WHO...............and......

Well a mate of mine at work was mixed on it, liked some and not others, another one loved it and another saw a bit of Planet of Spiders the other night on Horror and though that was sh*te. What all this means i have no idea but doesn't really add to backing up if the series classic or new is any good at all.
I tried to watch Earthshock and Vengeance on Varos on watch today and struggled with both despite them being two of my favourite '80's yarns. I'm not sure if they just aren't as good as i remember/wanted them to be or contemporary who has changed my tastes or if i'm just restless because the first test is only a few days away :D
Tobias Vaughan

Postby markhuk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Earthshock is ok but has a lot of faults

Varos is a great story but dreadfully realised, bad acting, bad effects and shockingly badly directed
markhuk
Styles Moderator
Styles Moderator

Postby bobmcpherson » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:40 pm

ANNIHILATE HIM!!!
bobmcpherson

Postby Heccypoo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:56 pm

markhuk wrote:Earthshock is ok but has a lot of faults

Varos is a great story but dreadfully realised, bad acting, bad effects and shockingly badly directed

Sounds like a lot of NuWho....

Varos had limited rehearsal time, no real budget and a director ham strung by the BBC system at the time and JNT's ego.

NuWHo is hamstrung by........ Bad acting, cynical writing, egotistical showrunners, demographics and focus groups, bad editing and self indulgence...

Far more self indulgent than the JNT era is lamented for...
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby The Nimon » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Tobias Vaughan wrote:I tried to watch Earthshock and Vengeance on Varos on watch today and struggled with both despite them being two of my favourite '80's yarns. I'm not sure if they just aren't as good as i remember/wanted them to be or contemporary who has changed my tastes or if i'm just restless because the first test is only a few days away :D

I'm not a fan of Earthshock, I find it as bit boring TBH. I rewatched Vengeance last year and rather liked it, thought it was a good story. Some of the acting was a bit stilted but i loved the overall story idea
The Nimon

Postby cyberlad » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:56 pm

The Nimon wrote:

Exactly non-fans views on the series are as split in their views on the new series as we are.
You don't have to hate the new series here but it helps.
cyberlad
Banned From Forum
Banned From Forum

Postby The Nimon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:58 pm

cyberlad wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Exactly non-fans views on the series are as split in their views on the new series as we are.

Well yes exactly, as i said, I don't know what putting stuff like that is supposed to prove anyway
The Nimon

Postby Lord Slarr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Are you kidding me. That makes me so angry, he's had his chance a most people don't like him can't he just bugger off and let someone else have a chance?
YouTube Channel - Lord Slarr
Lord Slarr

Postby Allons-y » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Tobias Vaughan wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

I tried to watch Earthshock and Vengeance on Varos on watch today and struggled with both despite them being two of my favourite '80's yarns. I'm not sure if they just aren't as good as i remember/wanted them to be or contemporary who has changed my tastes or if i'm just restless because the first test is only a few days away :D

I don't really like Earthshock much, but I'm always up for a bit of Vengeance on Varos - easily the best Sixth Doctor story (don't really enjoy his run all that much on the whole).
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

Postby Tobias Vaughan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Allons-y wrote:
Tobias Vaughan wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

I don't really like Earthshock much, but I'm always up for a bit of Vengeance on Varos - easily the best Sixth Doctor story (don't really enjoy his run all that much on the whole).

I'm in two minds about the lesser Baker, unlike many I quite enjoy twin dilemma, but the whle amazing technicolour dreamcoat and ankle armour really irk me, and to think 'nu-who' is supposed to be pantomime according to some :lol: i like colin more in the BF audios as he can just act a his part and there is no visual distraction screaming at me this is stupid
Tobias Vaughan

PreviousNext

Return to SERIES 10