Nardpole

For discussion of series 10 of Doctor Who starring Peter Capaldi

Re: Nardpole

Postby iank » Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 am

A large chunk of fandom couldn't sell itself out quick enough if they thought it made them look hip and cool and down wiv da kids.

I didn't really GAF about the age difference - the notion that age difference implies paedophilia despite no one concerned being a child is just absurd horseshit but the Doctor is an alien. And an alien who for nearly 50 years had been depicted as entirely asexual. There's no getting around that the whole thing was just pandering to a certain audience demographic while simultaneously rubbing RTD's ego (Wose is so special), something that Moffat couldn't resist doing either (River Pong is so special the Doctor married her (for no apparent reason), suck on that Russell!).
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby LizR » Tue May 23, 2017 4:20 am

Yeah it's the alien thing that gets me. Have him fall for another Time Lord would have been fine, and could have led to lots of interesting plot twists (The Doctor and the Master always seemed to be "best of enemies" - there might have been some UST there - don't forget that we have no idea how Gallifreyans reproduce, well ok, as long as you ignore looms and Susan (an obvious future human from the 49th century - the "granddaughter" stuff was obviously just to avert any accusations of you know what)).
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby shuzbot » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:00 am

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-ma ... t-a-return

Matt Lucas hinting at return, yay!

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/matt-luc ... um=twitter

Matt Lucas interview: Doctor Who, hair, sexuality, Statham
Matt Lucas chats to us about Little Britain, Doctor Who, hair, fandom and his new memoir...
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Rubbernecking » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 pm

:whistle2: I thought he was one of the better ideas from the last series as he acted like a comedy lightning rod leaving The Doctor to be more Doctorish. (Results may vary episode by episode!)
Rubbernecking

Postby Plain Old Dave » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 am

I thought he was a much more effective Companion than Ms. Potts. Very much the Companion As Equal in the tradition of Ian and Jamie. As Nu Who goes, he's almost as effective a male Companion as Wilf.
Plain Old Dave

Postby shuzbot » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Doctor Who’s Pearl Mackie and Matt Lucas return for special follow-up scene
Bill and Nardole are back in a new Steven Moffat script

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2020-06 ... l-nardole/
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Previous

Return to SERIES 10