11%
6%
4%
6%
8%

Total votes : 100

Re: Rate "Smile"

Postby KINGSTON FRIZZ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Pretty dull story. Shame after last week.
KINGSTON FRIZZ

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby LizR » Thu May 04, 2017 12:17 am

Actually, come to think of it the Doctor could have been on the side of the robots - cute and sentient and only wanting to help. Rather like HAL in 2001, they only want what's for the best, and pesky humans just mess everything up.

Actually they may have a point... :shock: :? :Cyberman:
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Morbius » Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 pm

It started off pretty good, but ran out of steam in the second half. 5
Morbius

Postby shuzbot » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:30 pm

https://whovianleap.com/2017/04/23/a-reason-to-smile/

This week Whovian Leap takes a look at episode two of Series 10 and is all smiles
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Natalia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:18 pm

This one put me to sleep twice when I tried to watch it. I got all the way to the end the third time. It didn't make any sense. Gave it a 1 rating.
Natalia

Postby shuzbot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:45 am

SONIC FEEDBACK: HERE’S WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF SMILE!
Yes, I’m going to break cover here. Unlike much of fandom, it seems, I actually liked In the Forest of the Night, Frank Cottrell-Boyce’s debut contribution to Doctor Who: it was unusual, looked beautiful, and Peter Capaldi, especially, was superbly alien. Plus, it got me thinking Danny Pink was okay as a character – right until the end, with his “I was a soldier” speech. Oh really, Danny? You’ve never mentioned it before! I just could never understand why Clara would fall for someone so boring.

Still, back to Cottrell-Boyce, because I was pretty enthusiastic about him returning for Series 10. His vision for Who is unlike any one else’s, and in that brand new series, a fresh take was more than welcome.

So did it live up to my hype? Yes, actually. But what about you, our dear DWC readers? Following the episode’s transmission in April, we ran a poll for all of you to take part in, and now, we have the results!

http://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2017/1 ... -of-smile/
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Plain Old Dave » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:36 am

The hate for Smile here and at GB baffles me. It's MUCH better than The Pilot. One story, well told. Beautifully shot, none of the distracting camerawork of Pilot. And, as NuWho goes, not a particularly depressing ending. This is honestly IMO the most underrated ep of S10.
Plain Old Dave

Postby 'teleportNOW!' » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:15 am

rewatching this for the first time since transmission -
nowhere near as engaging on a character level as The Pilot, and I thought the idea that the robots were so badly programmed that they'd kill everyone was just SILLY, like it had been written by a 10 year old.
Also the walls clearly *weren't* made out of nanobots ;)
'teleportNOW!'

Postby The Ginger Cat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 pm

The Guardian had some webchatty thang going on with Pearl Mackie, I guess one of the highlights being...

Jessicajessica asks:

What was your funniest moment on set with Peter Capaldi? And were you satisfied with Bill’s ending?

PearlMackie
05 February 2018 12:50pm

Probably episode two. We were filming a big scene with lots of supporting artists. Peter had this big speech and he'd pressed the reset button and everyone had collapsed. So the SAs were all lying on the floor for quite a long time. And everyone's silent, listening to Peter's big speech. Then suddenly you could hear this sound of snoring. Ridiculous, actual snoring. The guy on the floor didn't even wake up. Someone had to go over and give him a nudge.

I know the feeling. :lol:
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:52 pm

The Ginger Cat wrote:Rate Ep.2 "Smile".

In the far future, at the edge of the galaxy, there is a gleaming, perfect city. This brand new human settlement is said to hold the secret of human happiness - but the only smiles the Doctor and Bill can find are on a pile of grinning skulls. Something is alive in the walls, and the emojibots are watching from the shadows, as the Doctor and Bill try to unravel a terrifying mystery...

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to SERIES 10