Total votes: 81
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rate Ep.6 "Extremis".
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dunno what to make of that one tbh. Bit of a confused mess, a little dull and dreary maybe, I dunno, just didn't get going for me. Thought the Monk things were suitably creepy and Nardole was good though.
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Well, that was all very nice but utterly pointless. Please just go, Moffat. Worst of the season. 4
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

I've seen my fair share of rubbish but this story takes the cake.

Complete and utter gibberish.

1/10
The 1 is not real by the way. ;)
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
SeaDevil

Such a disappointing entry in what has been a much improved series. You can tell who wrote this.......such a shame as my kids were warming to Who again but left the room halfway through and didn't bother returning.
DSJR

Could someone explain what the fugg that was all about? Suspenseful start and then we have the screaming theme tune, where Delia's original would have served the suspense so much better imo. As the thing went on, it just loosened up more and more, bringing elements into it that detracted from what could have been an excellent and easy to understand story - to me anyway.

Do we really need story arcs?

Maybe it's me, but I found it all confusing - too confusing to give it a score at the moment :?
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05- ... f-extremis
Doctor Who exclusive: Steven Moffat reveals the secrets of Extremis
Brave the Veritas! The showrunner talks us through episode six, discussing Missy’s return, the Doctor's blindness, River’s diary, the Pope and the US president… SPOILERS!
Meow

More of the usual brilliant writing from Steven Moffat. Absolutely not trash. This episode was slow and intelligent in a perfect way like Series 9 and I certainly will not go to bed until I see it again.
nosfer2

I think I'm going to have to watch it again before I can give it a score as atmospheric interference meant that my TV signal kept cutting out, so I missed various bits of dialogue.
DSJR

shuzbot wrote:http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05- ... f-extremis
Doctor Who exclusive: Steven Moffat reveals the secrets of Extremis
Brave the Veritas! The showrunner talks us through episode six, discussing Missy’s return, the Doctor's blindness, River’s diary, the Pope and the US president… SPOILERS!
Well that sums Moffatt up perfectly :( Sooner he effs off the better methinks.
DarachAnLaoch

Complete mess. And once again, EVERYTHING takes prescidence over actual story and tension. We must have BILL IS GAY BY THE WAY, Nardole being obnoxious and down wiv da kidz references to Grand Theft Auto polluting the proceedings before that pesky plot and actual threat Mr Moffat despises gets in the way of his predilection for that aforementioned crap.

The show (or rather Mr Moffat) thinks so highly of itself. It exudes smugness. It positions itself in the upper echelons of comedy yet fails outright at every attempt at humour (which seems to be every other line). What on earth was up with tonight's attempts to be provocative and edgy with the repeated use of "ass" and "arse"? As if anyone is sad enough to be offended/impressed by this asinine attempt to be "cool". Forced, contrived nonsense.

My verdict: complete waste of time. Wouldve been better off studying for my exam. The genitive plural in Irish is actually more engaging than the hot mess that is Doctor Who.
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

http://www.contactmusic.com/pearl-macki ... ho_5692608

Pearl Mackie Unsure If She'll Return For 'Doctor Who' Series 11
Nosey Neighbour

Moffat returns to torpedo a series that has thus far delivered so much, below the waterline.

Whole house full of kids sat down to watch it & all gave up after 10 minutes. Don't blame 'em.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Initially dd'nt like it, went back and rewatched it. Will watch again, but I feel like Moffat dared to be different and did'nt quite stick the landing, he's went to this well several times over. Understood it completly, but it's been done before.
iank

There's a depressingly familiar concensus forming about this one here and elsewhere.
Can't wait. :cry:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
StellarX

THIS IS WHY MOFFAT HAS TO GO.

Possibly the worst episode of Dr Who I have seen in a very, very long time - and that is saying something. Nonsensical, contrived, over-convoluted, self-indulgent claptrap utterly devoid of any true drama. I can't be arsed spending time articulating its myriad faults in detail.

TOTAL sh*te.

Gave it a '1' because the scale doesn't go any lower.
StellarX

...in fact, it was THAT BAD that I think I'll give next week a miss. Seriously.
-JMW-

I enjoyed it, though I can see why others might not.
It was very much a prelude to the following "invasion" story. The entire set-up being a simulation to prepare for conquest, similar perhaps to "The Android invasion"(?). My daughter (aged six) had no idea what was going on...it was way too convoluted to maintain her concentration.

The switching back and forth to the Missy segment was a distraction though...for once it might have been better to tell us this set of events rather than demonstrate it. The location was wonderful, but the "execution" prop and costumes seemed cheap and tacky....the execution process itself seeming to come from nowhere. Dumb!

7/10 (although that maybe a tad generous)

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW
Forum Moderator

StellarX wrote:...in fact, it was THAT BAD that I think I'll give next week a miss. Seriously.
See you next week then.
Hartnell's Wig

Utter dog sh*t, the worst episode of the current series, which has been very good up to now. I'm afraid the rest of the series sounds like it's going to follow this pattern as Moffat has said the first half was going to be traditional (ie simple story telling with logic and a point) and then they were going to go off a bit (ie timey wimey bullsh*t and plots that are all over the place, as last night).

I can't wait for the berk to go.
The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up

“What Brussels doesn’t understand is low power vacuum cleaners are no good if you want to put your willy in them."

So unprotected oral sex is responsible for the rise of super gonorrhea.. that's it then. I've given my last blowjob!

Return to “SERIES 10”

• Information