Total votes: 148
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rate "Twice Upon a Time".
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Don't like to come across as mean spirited or anything but I really didn't reckon much on it at all. Plot's a bit light weight. Bit too dreary and long-winded in places. The First Doctor, and all that stuff (Ben and Polly, etc.) and Mark Gatiss (as that Captain geezer) I couldn't take seriously at all. Like some send up. The regeneration stuff went on a bit.
Tuggster

Found it slow going also only got a 7 due to the TP4 footage lol
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

I was so bored I can't remember any of it
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

shuzbot wrote:I was so bored I can't remember any of it
You lucky so and so. :lol:
DSJR

Oh my Gawd... Some good, loads awful to me.

Sure, I was crying buckets around 45 - 50 minutes in, but 'Doctor Who' had nothing to do with it (the futility of wars did though!).

RIP Doctor Who. Not sure it was a good way to end the series as I knew and loved it, but whatever is foisted on us next year won't ever be the same to me...
James Ellis

[Post copied/moved from the "So About Those Missing Episodes Then... thread.]
Tuggster wrote:Was Gattis holding what looked like a VHS Tape there some sort of reference I wonder?
Gattis's character is the Brigadier's father, the Brigadier first appeared in Web 3 which is missing, so I can see the connection with the tape yes, Interesting, so that's where 3 got too!

:)
-JMW-

Alright for a light-weight Xmas episode.
Ending the tenure of a Doctor, and an extended tenure of Steven Moffat it seems lacking in epic overtones.

A non story, but some nice, if unsurprising, character moments.
Onwards and upwards.

Seven out of ten

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW

Would usually give this a 7 but it lost marks for making Hartnells Doctor seem a bit bigoted, the over bearing music again and that stupid bit right at the end nearly wiped the score out. I’ll return to watching when the gender bending has had its time.
thecypher

I must confess, I shed tears at the departure of Capaldi, and the end of my favourite show - Doctor Who.

I closed the iPlayer tab mid-regeneration, so I've no idea what came next.

And that is how it shall remain :death:
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Darren Lake

Typical self indulgent Moffat twaddle. No real story, loads of cocking on and a total waste of Capaldis talents. Thank god the Moffat era is over.
darnall42

only a 5,bored with it TBH ,bradleys doctor was dull , bill was annoying and the story went nowhere (only saving grace was the post regeneration scene,not that keen on the idea a female doctor but that cliffhanger has me ntrigued enough to tune in next year)
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A generous 6.

Not a bad character piece, but they really didn't need Bradley in this at all did they? The Doctor could have had the epiphany at the end all on his lonesome. Also the Captain's survival hinged on a gobbledygook explanation at the last crucial moment. The rest was fine, nice to see Rusty again and we learn of his fate at the edge of the universe (we find desperate time lords in Hell Bent, and daleks in good standing, what a topsy-turvey world Moffat left us with)

Capaldi's speech is right up there with the best speeches when Ash Ketchum releases a Pokemon

As for Jodie...women drivers, that's all I'll say. :mrgreen:
johnnybear

I can't say it was as bad as I expected for my last episode of Doctor Who, but the story was left sagging in many vital points! What was the purpose of The Testimony apart from what we were told. What do they want with that information? Why were the Dalek mutants crawling about for in that ruined building? (Aren't Daleks supposed to die without the machine that keeps them alive?) Was that supposed to be Skaro and if so where and when?Why did Capaldi waste nearly five minutes of dialogue before eventually succumbing to the regeneration? Why was the scene a rip off of the conclusion to The End of Time? Moffat's last story leaves us with as many questions as before it actually started! A Hartnell story would have left no stone unturned in getting to the bottom of events...
JB
Alex B

I did find this episode Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
I loved The Tenth Planet scenes. But wasn't The first Doctor's regeneration a bit too quick?
I loved Clara in it and I rated this a nine due to Jodie Whittaker's scenes. That was amazing.
So The Doctor was wearing boots when he/she regenerated. But how do you explain this? [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/66b4a78c933601bb2db646a42ea583bb/tumblr_inline_p1j7tgqpSp1uhxt2t_1280.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/c55c59087f3314d6ecc32692c5ad9a3b/tumblr_inline_p1j7te0obM1uhxt2t_1280.png[/img] [b][size=150]TRAINERS?[/size][/b]
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

thecypher wrote:I must confess, I shed tears at the departure of Capaldi, and the end of my favourite show - Doctor Who.

I closed the iPlayer tab mid-regeneration, so I've no idea what came next.

And that is how it shall remain :death:
Oh go on, be a devil...
[youtube2]yJqsPBWbtjk[/youtube2] If I can suffer it, so can you. :lol:
Monsieur Bondo

James Ellis wrote:
Tuggster wrote:Was Gattis holding what looked like a VHS Tape there some sort of reference I wonder?
Gattis's character is the Brigadier's father, the Brigadier first appeared in Web 3 which is missing, so I can see the connection with the tape yes, Interesting, so that's where 3 got too!

:)
I didn't quite understand that, the captain must have survived the war because 1914 is 66 years before The Time Warrior was set (1980) so the Brigadier must have been born much later than 1914-ish, more like mid 1930's.
Doctor What

It was awful. That''s the best I can say really!
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

johnnybear wrote:Was that supposed to be Skaro and if so where and when?
JB
It was Villainguard.
Zaph0dd

Bits of it were alright, but it was a whole lot of nothing really.

And the Doctor died at the end.

Return to “SERIES 10”

• Information