7%
9%
7%
6%
21%

Total votes: 148
johnnybear

Zarius wrote:
johnnybear wrote:Was that supposed to be Skaro and if so where and when?
JB
It was Villainguard.
Where..? :?
JB
johnnybear

Zaph0dd wrote:Bits of it were alright, but it was a whole lot of nothing really.

And the Doctor died at the end.
He sure did and sadly (do I really mean that?) that was my final Doctor Who episode! But I must keep quiet at home as it annoys the hell out of my wife apparently that I'm so angry about it!
JB
Hartnell's Wig

Quite enjoyed that but Bradley was awful and the writing for his character was worse.
The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

johnnybear wrote:
Zarius wrote:
johnnybear wrote:Was that supposed to be Skaro and if so where and when?
JB
It was Villainguard.
Where..? :?
JB
When they arrived on the planet, The Doctor makes reference to it. Were you even watching it at this point?
thecypher

johnnybear wrote:
Zaph0dd wrote:Bits of it were alright, but it was a whole lot of nothing really.

He sure did and sadly (do I really mean that?) that was my final Doctor Who episode! But I must keep quiet at home as it annoys the hell out of my wife apparently that I'm so angry about it!
JB
Unlucky. My girlfriend is on my side :lol:
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

thecypher wrote:
johnnybear wrote:

JB
Unlucky. My girlfriend is on my side :lol:
She likes it when you rant dirty ;)
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hartnell's Wig wrote:Quite enjoyed that but Bradley was awful and the writing for his character was worse.

It was pretty poor. I was waiting for him to say 'what a darkie doing in my Tardis' given the first doctor character descended into an awful mischaracterisation.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Hartnell's Wig

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
Hartnell's Wig wrote:Quite enjoyed that but Bradley was awful and the writing for his character was worse.

It was pretty poor. I was waiting for him to say 'what a darkie doing in my Tardis' given the first doctor character descended into an awful mischaracterisation.
The bragging about his knowledge of women was just so cringey I was surprised he didn't start having a w*nk when Bill told him she'd had a few birds as well. Or asked to bring her friend round to try a bit of cock.
The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hartnell's Wig wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:

The bragging about his knowledge of women was just so cringey I was surprised he didn't start having a w*nk when Bill told him she'd had a few birds as well. Or asked to bring her friend round to try a bit of cock.
:floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll:
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
iank

Just watched the last scene (the most I'm watching). Capaldi rambling on and on and on and on and on with the usual New Who "shut the f*ck up and just die already" speechifying drivel, and then... Whittaker.
Hilariously bad already. :lol:
Stick a fork in it.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

iank wrote:Just watched the last scene (the most I'm watching). Capaldi rambling on and on and on and on and on with the usual New Who "shut the f*ck up and just die already" speechifying drivel, and then... Whittaker.
Hilariously bad already. :lol:
Stick a fork in it.
Didn't bother watching it, but watched the clip as well.

I thought it was the worst regeneration since Time and the Rani, and even David Tennant's regeneration was miles ahead from that over indulgent crap. I feel sorry for the poor buggers that were forced to sit through that.

So long, Doctor Who. It was nice knowing you. RIP :death:
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
Alex B

Bowtiesarecool wrote: I thought it was the worst regeneration since Time and the Rani
Do you mean the CGI bit or the scenes afterwards?
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Alex B wrote:
Bowtiesarecool wrote: I thought it was the worst regeneration since Time and the Rani
Do you mean the CGI bit or the scenes afterwards?
All of it.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
Heccypoo

It's the end....

But the moment hasn't been prepared for....

It is truly the end...
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
iamyourservant

Hi All, I thought the pre-opening credits sequence was brilliant - Hoping against hope that just maybe previously missing parts of TP4 might be broadcast, but sadly no. I was expecting a classic send-off, then it all went a bit Harry Potterish / Macca Pipes Of Peace IMO - I thought poor minimal use of Polly & Ben + surely the 1st Doctor after realising & accepting Capaldi's Doctor was a future regeneration that he would have enquired after Susan, whom he last saw on Earth with David Campbell (unless I missed any such dialogue) - & as for Jodie - falling out the Tardis - Again!!! - However. I did like & acknowledge the "smacked bottom" in-joke for us old anoraks who have been watching since 1963 - - 7/10 on first viewing
IAYS

"I am Scottish, I can really complain about things now"

IAYS & 55% of the electorate voted YES to Scotland remaining part of the UK (for now)

IAYS & 48% of the UK electorate (62% in Scotland) voted to remain European & help preserve over 70 years of European peace, & yet....

...Can you imagine... What it must be like..to think of a number below 108 106 97...?
Joseph

I wasn't going to watch this. I was visiting my parents for Christmas and they wanted to watch it, though they won't be watching Jodie's series.

Jesus Christ it was f*****g terrible. What exactly happened? What was the point of bringing Hartnell's Doctor into it? What did he do?

Shame on Moff for ruining the first Doctors character too. Even on the way out he has to be a feminist pandering cuck. God I cringed at the sexist Hartnell quips.

Capaldi's regeneration was drawn out, boring and crap. The Doctor becoming a woman seems just as comical as I thought it would.

That's it for me. Doctor Who dies today.
thecypher

Well, for those of us that are done with the show, here's something I just found on YouTube -- documenting the cancellation crisis of the 80s.

feat. The third incarnation of JNT, Chris Chibnall

Can't help but feel history is repeating itself..

"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Accidentally or not, I think that there is a nice circularity to the run of the show, ending today.

13 actual Time Lord Doctors, counting the War Doctor (and not counting "Handy". He was a creepy offshoot).

That's as many Doctors as the late, great Robert Holmes said there should be in THE DEADLY ASSASSIN, before all that potential money from merchandise decreed otherwise.

Add to that the full circle aspect of the final Doctor (for quite a few fans from today) saying goodbye to the First Doctor, plus the theme of the episode being all about deciding to go on or not. That has been the choice facing a lot of fans.

That all adds up, in my opinion, into quite a fitting and apt time, storywise, to simply leave the show, with a kind of natural, bittersweet ending of sorts in place.

And ignoring any bits of the show in the last few years that suggest otherwise.

So yes, I am out too.

I honestly think that all that is left now for WHO is a lingering death in it's current form - and Moffat has screwed up the mythology, coating it with his own arrogant indulgences, and done far too much conceited damage, far too deeply, for anything less than a total reboot next time to suffice; just to shake off his legacy. (And Chibnall may cause even further rot. As I sure as heck can't see him doing anything to disrespect his buddy's legacy.)

It's almost the end of a legend i.m.o.

And then a long, long rest.

Then a total rebirth.

That's the way I see it going.

"Time to leave the battlefield" indeed...
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Monsieur Bondo wrote:
James Ellis wrote:
Tuggster wrote:Was Gattis holding what looked like a VHS Tape there some sort of reference I wonder?
Gattis's character is the Brigadier's father, the Brigadier first appeared in Web 3 which is missing, so I can see the connection with the tape yes, Interesting, so that's where 3 got too!

:)
I didn't quite understand that, the captain must have survived the war because 1914 is 66 years before The Time Warrior was set (1980) so the Brigadier must have been born much later than 1914-ish, more like mid 1930's.
According to Gatiss on that Fan Show sh*t the Captain is the Brigadier's grandfather and not his father.

Gawd, I must be well sloshed to watch all that fawning old tripe...
lordnellie

Well i really, really enjoyed that!

I loved how Mr. Moffat brought the scale of the story down to a personal level and i thought the pacing and the performances were great.

Cracking cliffhanger too - can't wait to see what happens next.

Return to “SERIES 10”

• Information