Star Trek Continues

Where No Poster Has Gone Before
stevefreestone

Over FIVE YEARS without Stalag Gallifrey Base. Bliss. The forum that ignores name calling when it suits and bans when it suits, nor can you say anything nasty about one of the greatest murderers of the 20th Century. That's because it is run by Steve Hillter.
Heccypoo

Apologies if this has already been posted..

Colin Baker guest stars in a STAR TREK fan film thingie. The episode he is in is called, 'The White Iris', and can be accessed on this web page

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
JustGareth

Pretty cool, eh? :)
"So I guess this is just how things are going to work now: the president once saw a banana with a bruise that looked like a picture in an article he read in a dream, and that is why we're at f*****g war..." John Oliver
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
Hartnell's Wig

Servorobot wrote:It's always good to find something good to binge watch when you're crook.

And we need a thumbs up emoticon.
I'm doing that with The Thick Of It and also Star Trek Continues, which for a fan made web series is outstanding.
The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up

“What Brussels doesn’t understand is low power vacuum cleaners are no good if you want to put your willy in them."

So unprotected oral sex is responsible for the rise of super gonorrhea.. that's it then. I've given my last blowjob!
WAnglais1

Hartnell's Wig wrote:
Servorobot wrote:It's always good to find something good to binge watch when you're crook.

And we need a thumbs up emoticon.
I'm doing that with The Thick Of It and also Star Trek Continues, which for a fan made web series is outstanding.
STC is most excellent. I'm a couple of episodes behind. They built the sets in south Georgia and film down there. Youtube has a set tour up somewhere. The little details are all there.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Saw on Twitter that Nicola Bryant was in a new episode of this “Star Trek Continues” thing called “To Boldly Go: Part I”. I've heard of it before and knew Colin Baker was in one but never seen it. Well I've not long finished giving it a watch, it wasn't too bad for a fan thing I guess. Most of the acting was passable 'cept for Scotty who sounds at times more Irish than Scottish. :lol:

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just come across this on the Anorak Zone. Seems this thing's due to end soon then. Shame really.

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

“Star Trek Continues: To Boldly Go: Part II” then, with Nicola Bryant in. I'll be watching some of this latter.

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well I finally got around to watching To Boldly Go: Part II. All in all, it wasn't bad, though it did feel like the main part of the story shot through at a rate of knots, wrapped up quickly and then it went all emotional, long winded and dreary at the end. Still, it's hard to believe that this is just some fan production, it all look's very slickly done.

Think he looks more like Steve McGarrett than Captain Kirk! :lol:
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Very enjoyable. Mind, Nicola got a much bigger role than Colin. The only cast member who irks me a bit is Spock, he is SO unlike the real Nimoy. Isn't Scotty played by an actual Doohan? He certainly looks like him.

The folks at Film Score Monthly are being complimentary about the music by one Andy Farber ...

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p ... &archive=0
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

paulhickling wrote:Isn't Scotty played by an actual Doohan? He certainly looks like him.
Yeah, that's right, it's one of James Doohan's sons, Chris Doohan.
StellarX

I discovered and watched Star Trek Continues in its entirety about a week ago. For an unofficial, fan-produced concern it is frankly astonishing. Incredibly faithful and reverent to the original series on every level and a great shame that it had to come to and end - the stories are excellent.

Now can you imagine a similar group of enthusiastic, capable, talented, dedicated, reverent people creating a new series of 'old style' WHO? Perhaps produced in the tone of Letts' Pertwee or Hinchliffe's Baker? Surely that would have to be better than the steaming pile of merde about to be served up on a Sudnay?
johnnybear

I thought the guy who did Spock was very good! Obviously he's nothing like Nimoy! But who could be? The guy who played Spock in the earlier productions with James Cawley was real bad and he is best forgotten! Vic Mignona likes doing the Shat and he's great at it and the rest of the cast is excellent too! My only problems are with the extras as they are lousy it has to be said! The costumes don't fit them or they're a different shade of red plus they don't seem to have a clue as to what to do next! :lol: I think I read somewhere that Mignona was abit nasty on the set towards some people but I can't remember who the article was referring!
JB
ant-mac

johnnybear wrote:I thought the guy who did Spock was very good! Obviously he's nothing like Nimoy! But who could be? The guy who played Spock in the earlier productions with James Cawley was real bad and he is best forgotten! Vic Mignona likes doing the Shat and he's great at it and the rest of the cast is excellent too! My only problems are with the extras as they are lousy it has to be said! The costumes don't fit them or they're a different shade of red plus they don't seem to have a clue as to what to do next! :lol: I think I read somewhere that Mignona was abit nasty on the set towards some people but I can't remember who the article was referring!
JB
When it comes to who I think can do justice to Leonard Nimoy's Spock, I'd have to say Zachary Quinto. I found him very good, although not anywhere near as impressive as Karl Urban's McCoy. Apparently, he was so good as MCCoy, he brought Nimoy out in tears.

As for Vic Mignogna, I've been hearing and reading some very disturbing things about him online recently. I'm nt quite sure what to think about him at present.

As for STAR TREK CONTINUES in general, I enjoyed every episode of the entire web series immensely and I think it is an extraordinary technical achievement that many more high profile and professional productions could learn a lot from.
ant-mac
Akroma

This web show is great, most entertainment I've had in years and I hope they get to do many more.

Return to “Star Trek”

• Information