Sherlock (BBC TV Series).

"Shaken, not stirred", "We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner" and all that jazz.

Sherlock (BBC TV Series).

Postby chap with wings » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:28 am

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2010/07/17/ ... en-moffat/

Amazing, the lead actor is much more like The Doctor than the one we have now, cast him for 12 Mr Moffat.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Sherlock 2010

Postby LizR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 pm

My feelings exactly, except that it was Primeval's Professor Nick Cutter who seemed much more like the Doctor than David Tenant. Still, I'll be interested to see "Sherlock", (which apparently features "lethal killers" - much nastier than the non-lethal kind...)
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby abominable snowman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:37 pm

abominable snowman

Postby LizR » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:51 pm

"A thrilling, funny, fast-paced contemporary remake of the Arthur Conan Doyle classic."

Hmm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t4pgh
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby markhuk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:34 am

Must say im looking forward to this !
markhuk
Styles Moderator
Styles Moderator

Postby LizR » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm willing to give it a go, but I won't be too surprised if it turns out to be rubbish. But I'm always hoping to have my expectations exceeded...

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby image45 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:45 pm

LizR wrote:I'm willing to give it a go, but I won't be too surprised if it turns out to be rubbish. But I'm always hoping to have my expectations exceeded...

Yes me too on this one, 9:00pm Sunday night tastic me is thinking still, lets hope the first episode does not spoil that though for the following week :director:
O-Ren Ishii: You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?
The Bride: You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.
O-Ren Ishii: Silly rabbit.
image45
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Postby bingo99 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 pm

For anyone who's seen Tim Firth's Cruise of The Gods, does this remind you of Sherlock Holmes in Miami?
"Scriptwriters are confident they'll make a huge impact. Everyone remembers the Daleks and the Cyberman, but not a lot else if they're honest. The Tritovore will change that. They will last long in the memory" - New Who PR, 2009
bingo99

Postby chap with wings » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:47 pm

bingo99 wrote:For anyone who's seen Tim Firth's Cruise of The Gods, does this remind you of Sherlock Holmes in Miami?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was mine and Mrs Wings first thought when it was announced :lol: :lol:
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

Postby Mike Nuttall » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:34 am

The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby chap with wings » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:47 am

It was Ok, good but not great, actually a bit too gimmicky for its own good, and it had an air of naffness about it, it will probably date badly.
On the plus side, WHY ISNT BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH THE DOCTOR?????

chap with wings

Postby CADILLAC » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Brilliant show and don't be thinking Sherlock Holmes in modern times is a bit wierd,the majority of the Basil Rathbone films where set in modern times and every body thinks he was the greatest Holmes of all.....
Well not me I'd still vote Jeremy Brett no.1.....

Co wrote and produced with Mark Gatiss just like the break the Moff got with Hyde and look what happened with him..... :VoidStuff: :VoidStuff:
CADILLAC

Postby tony ingram » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Jeremy Brett will always be the definitive screen Holmes to me, but having watched Sherlock expecting to be disappointed, I was actually pleasantly surprised. Bernadette Cumberlandsausage or however it's pronounced actually makes an excellent Holmes and the writing was top notch. Not entirely sure about Martin Freeman as Watson, but I suspect he'll grow on me. Another triumph from Moffat, I think!
tony ingram

Postby Mike Nuttall » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce are my favourite Holmes and Watson.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby tony ingram » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm very surprised that no-one has claimed Tom Baker was their favourite Holmes.

Actually, I've just remembered a bit more about that.
On second thoughts, I'm not that surprised... :|
tony ingram

Postby markhuk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

Very good - shame theres only 3 episodes
markhuk
Styles Moderator
Styles Moderator

Postby CADILLAC » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:15 pm

markhuk wrote:Very good - shame theres only 3 episodes

You've got to be kidding........ :director: :director: :director:

I hope at least they are all 90 minutes long.....
CADILLAC

Postby Mike Nuttall » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:47 am

I think Steven Moffat should concentrate on Doctor Who quite frankly.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby CADILLAC » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Mike Nuttall wrote:I think Steven Moffat should concentrate on Doctor Who quite frankly.

Didn't stop RTD concentrating on SJA and Torchwood as well .....
CADILLAC

Postby LizR » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:44 pm

CADILLAC wrote:
Mike Nuttall wrote:I think Steven Moffat should concentrate on Doctor Who quite frankly.

Didn't stop RTD concentrating on SJA and Torchwood as well .....

Assuming that there is actually any sort of parallel here, that's a damn good argument for Moffat concentrating on Doctor Who.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Next

Return to Spies, Sleuths and Coppers