Starsky and Hutch (1975)

"Shaken, not stirred", "We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner" and all that jazz.

Starsky and Hutch (1975)

Postby shuzbot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:51 am

James Gunn Aiming To Bring A New Starsky And Hutch To TV

If you thought that 1970s cop show Starsky & Hutch would only ever have a second life via the 2004 movie starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, think again. In a surprising move, Guardians Of The Galaxy director James Gunn is spearheading a new version on the small screen.

Originally created in 1975 as a movie of the week by William Blinn and produced by Aaron Spelling, the show found David Soul as detective Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson and Paul Michael Glaser as detective David Starsky. It became a hit, and ran for nearly 100 episodes across four seasons.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/jame ... -hutch-tv/
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Starsky & Hutch

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Two streetwise cops bust criminals in their red-and-white Ford Torino, with the help of police snitch, Huggy Bear.

Starsky and Hutch Main Theme

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Starsky and Hutch (1975)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 2:40 pm

STARSKY & HUTCH (2004) | Full Movie Trailer

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 2:45 pm

shuzbot wrote:James Gunn Aiming To Bring A New Starsky And Hutch To TV

If you thought that 1970s cop show Starsky & Hutch would only ever have a second life via the 2004 movie starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, think again. In a surprising move, Guardians Of The Galaxy director James Gunn is spearheading a new version on the small screen.

Originally created in 1975 as a movie of the week by William Blinn and produced by Aaron Spelling, the show found David Soul as detective Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson and Paul Michael Glaser as detective David Starsky. It became a hit, and ran for nearly 100 episodes across four seasons.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/jame ... -hutch-tv/

James Gunn's 'Starsky and Hutch' Cancelled

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/07/24/james-gunns-starsky-and-hutch-cancelled/

It turns out James Gunn's Starsky & Hutch reboot will not be part of Amazon's upcoming television series lineup.

Gunn has been at the center of debate after old tweets of his resurfaced, highlighting the crude humor he used to be known for on social media. An Amazon spokesperson told Yahoo! Finance that his in development Starsky & Hutch reboot for Amazon will not be moving forward, but it has nothing to do with recent events, as the project was concluded several months ago.

“We passed on the project completely months ago,” says the spokesperson. “There was no statement. This is the same for any other project we do not move forward with.”

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 2:48 pm

Some annuals.....

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Antonio Fargas talks playing 'Huggy Bear' in 'Starsky & Hutch'

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 3:13 pm

I remember this series being a huge hit in it's time. There was also an episode where they were trying to catch a VAMPIRE who could leap from roof to roof over great distances - and I also remember it making the UK press with a headline screaming something like "At the Brink of Death!" when Starsky got shot in one episode and spent about 40 minutes on a life support machine. I can't believe the nation honestly thought he would possibly die, but there you go. :?

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Servorobot » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:41 am

During my first year in high school the epitome of cool was to own a Starsky jacket.

Sadly I never owned one and had to make do with my primary school obsession (apart from Doctor Who of course) a Steve Austin doll from the Six Million Dollar Man.

Not that I could tell anyone, it wasn’t cool anymore!
Stone the bleedin’ crows, Something Who goes Down Under!
Fair dinkum it should be essential listening for all you flamin’ kids.
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-8-down-under/
Follow Something Who on Twitter https://twitter.com/something_who
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Return to Spies, Sleuths and Coppers