Charlie's Angels

"Shaken, not stirred", "We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner" and all that jazz.

Charlie's Angels

Postby Cygnus Prime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Reboot of the 2000 action comedy based on the 1970s television series. A new generation of private detectives working for the mysterious Charlie.

Currently in post-production; are you looking forward to this reboot of a reboot?

First look at reboot «Charlie’s Angels: Silver Cloud 2019» (and also on new Angels)

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Charlie's Angels (2019)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Previously......

Charlie's Angels Season 1 Opening Credits

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sat May 11, 2019 2:55 am

Sony Pictures has debuted the official new logo for the upcoming Elizabeth Banks-directed “Charlie’s Angels” revival film. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska star in this new take which continues on from the previous TV series and film incarnations with the Townsend agency now having expanded to a global security force. Noah Centineo, Jonathan Tucker, Sam Claflin, Patrick Stewart, Djimon Hounsou and Banks herself also star in the film which opens in cinemas on November 15th.

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby paulhickling » Thu May 23, 2019 12:51 pm

That logo's a bit like the cap one from The Tripods.

The originals were best, though I fancied Cheryl Ladd as opposed to Farrah, though Jacklyn Smith tied in my affections. The other one? Nah.
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:47 pm

First trailer.....

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:11 pm

An official music video......

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:11 am

It flopped.......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ford-tops-angels-bomb-at-box-office/

....the “Charlie’s Angels” reboot at Sony Pictures which has bombed on impact, pulling in what looks to be a terrible $8.2 million opening for the three-day along with mixed reviews and a B+ Cinemascore. Overseas isn’t helping where the film has bombed in China with a $6 million two-day take.

The ‘Angels’ failure, in the wake of other recent bombs of refreshed old IP like “Terminator: Dark Fate” and “The Shining” sequel, have raised obvious questions as to the value of remaking even a known brand without any real obvious reason for it to happen.
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:35 am

The cast have been talking about the failure of the film.....

KRISTEN STEWART:

“Well, to be honest with you, I think if I had made a movie that wasn’t good and one that I wasn’t proud of and a lot of people saw it, I would be devastated. Luckily I’m not feeling gutted because I really am proud of the movie.

And I think that the kind of the climate that we’re living in right now is polarizing and it’s weird and it’s kind of hard to promote a movie like that. And I think trying to have a really complicated, overly politicized feminist conversation in a five minute TV interview about ‘Charlie’s Angels’….I’m like, ‘Dude, we just wanted to have a good time.’

I’m bummed that we probably won’t make another one, but at the same time I’m really proud of the movie and I’m so happy that it exists and can live in the world. Because I think for a lot of people it’s still kind of important even in a very non-serious way.”
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Charlie's Angels

Postby iank » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Well she knows who to blame for the "overly politicised" aspect then... her director.
Oh no wait, the director's a woman, so can't blame her.
Must be all those sexist manbabies. Or something. :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Return to Spies, Sleuths and Coppers