The KINGSMAN Franchise

"Shaken, not stirred", "We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner" and all that jazz.

The KINGSMAN Franchise

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:34 am

Are you a fan of this franchise?

Kingsman - Main Theme Extended

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Kingsman: The Great Game (2020)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:35 am

Previously......

Kingsman: The Secret Service Official Trailer #1 (2015) - Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson Movie HD

Kingsman: The Golden Circle | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Hartnell's Wig » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:20 pm

I liked the first Kingsman film and, unlike a lot of people, found the joke scene where the reward for saving the world is promised very very funny.

The church scene in the first film is one of the most jaw droppingly, funnily, violent scenes I can recall seeing in recent years. I had to watch it and watch it just because the casual way Firth shoots and generally disposes of the congregation just made me laugh. There's something really satisfying about the way he blows the head off the woman who falls face down on the floor. Which is a bit sick minded but there you go :)

The second film was nowhere near as much fun so this tv series idea leave me a bit cold.

For those who don't want to watch the entire first film the church scene is here

The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up

“What Brussels doesn’t understand is low power vacuum cleaners are no good if you want to put your willy in them."

So unprotected oral sex is responsible for the rise of super gonorrhea.. that's it then. I've given my last blowjob!
Hartnell's Wig

Postby LizR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Yeah, the second film was a huge let down after the first. Maybe dong a historical version will work if they can keep it feeling in period, and funny with it (see the Deadwood thread for my views on blatant historical inaccuracies).
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Re: The KINGSMAN Franchise

Postby Cygnus Prime » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:14 am

As a collection of history's worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them.

The King's Man | Official Trailer (2020)

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Rubbernecking » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:26 am

I've only saw The Golden Circle as it was on Sky (before they cut off my access to the Movie channels midway through) and my first thought was "What the hell am I watching?" during the opening Taxi fight. As the film went on I got it.
James Bond but with huge comic strip logic and sequences. So OK! I'd !Ike to see more of this.
The worst thing the James Bond series could do is try to catch up with Kingsman. It's an entirely different world.
It'd be like Doctor Who trying to keep up with Downton Abby.
Rubbernecking

Postby StarQuake » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:18 pm

When I saw Rhys Ifans as Rasputin, I immediately thought of Tom Baker.
"Brace yourself for disappointment." - ericthehalfabee
StarQuake
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Spies, Sleuths and Coppers