The Streets of San Francisco (1972)

"Shaken, not stirred", "We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner" and all that jazz.

The Streets of San Francisco (1972)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 10:50 am

A veteran cop with more than twenty years of experience is teamed with a young Inspector to solve crimes in San Francisco, California.

The Streets of San Francisco 1972 - 1977 Opening and Closing Theme

The Streets of San Francisco is a 1970s television police drama filmed on location in San Francisco, California, and produced by Quinn Martin Productions, with the first season produced in association with Warner Bros. Television (QM produced the show on its own for the remainder of its run), where it starred Karl Malden and Michael Douglas as two detectives in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The show ran for five seasons, between September 16, 1972, and June 9, 1977, on ABC, amassing a total of 119 60-minute episodes.The series started with a pilot movie of the same title (based on the detective novel Poor, Poor Ophelia by Carolyn Weston) earlier in 1972. Edward Hume who wrote the teleplay for the pilot was credited as having developed the series based on characters in Weston's novel.

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: The Streets of San Francisco (1972)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 am

If there is one thing that life has taught me, it is that The Streets of San Francisco is "A QUINN MARTIN PRODUCTION!!" :(
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sun May 05, 2019 10:59 am

Pretty good start for Mister Douglas' career. Certainly it was the first I ever knew of him.

Karl Malden was excellent in this of course and must have been a good time for his latter career, with the security of a weekly paycheck.

I don't really remember much about the episodes, but once again it is the opening titles, introductory voiceover etc. - and that funky guitar - that have stayed with me! :lol:
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ginger Cat » Sun May 05, 2019 12:51 pm

All I can remember about this series was me dad sitting in his armchair watching it and taking the piss out of Karl Malden's nose all the time i.e "Look at that, he's got a parting in the middle of his hooter" and "Bum nose". :lol:
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Return to Spies, Sleuths and Coppers