McMillan & Wife (1971)

"Shaken, not stirred", "We're the Sweeney, son - and we haven't had any dinner" and all that jazz.

McMillan & Wife (1971)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sat May 11, 2019 9:50 am

San Francisco Police Commissioner Stewart "Mac" McMillan and his amateur detective wife keep their marriage unpredictable while solving the city's most baffling crimes.

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: McMillan & Wife (1971)

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 am

Susan Saint James and Rod Hudson

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cygnus Prime » Sat May 11, 2019 2:05 pm

I was starting to think that I had imagined that this series was simply called MCMILLAN at some point, but thank Heaven for Wikepedia.....

Cast and series name change
For its sixth and final season, the series underwent a major retooling. Susan Saint James left after being unable to come to terms on a new contract.[citation needed] Nancy Walker also left the series before the sixth season premiered in 1976 to star in an eponymous sitcom.

With these developments, the show became known as McMillan and Sally was killed off in a plane crash along with the couple's never-seen son. Mac, now a widower, moved out of the family home and into a luxury apartment.

I do remember also reading that Rock Hudson and Susan Saint James did not get on paricularly well in real life, but not sure if this has ever been confirmed for certain. :?
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby paulhickling » Thu May 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Cygnus Prime wrote:I was starting to think that I had imagined that this series was simply called MCMILLAN at some point, but thank Heaven for Wikepedia.....

Cast and series name change
For its sixth and final season, the series underwent a major retooling. Susan Saint James left after being unable to come to terms on a new contract.[citation needed] Nancy Walker also left the series before the sixth season premiered in 1976 to star in an eponymous sitcom.

With these developments, the show became known as McMillan and Sally was killed off in a plane crash along with the couple's never-seen son. Mac, now a widower, moved out of the family home and into a luxury apartment.

I do remember also reading that Rock Hudson and Susan Saint James did not get on paricularly well in real life, but not sure if this has ever been confirmed for certain. :?

Good acting then, when I remember how much time they spent on the bed together, she in one of his shirts. I used to like their supporting cast, John Schuck and Nancy Walker. He ended up in Holmes and Yoyo playing a robot cop, and she directed Can't Stop the Music..
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Spies, Sleuths and Coppers