The Colbys

Sue Ellen, you're a drunk, a tramp and an unfit mother.

The Colbys

Postby Kajaboy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:02 pm

I meant to mention this a few weeks back. It's being aired by CBS Drama at the moment in the UK at 6PM week days. It's just into the start of season 2. I didn't catch that it was on until 15 eps into season 1. It's the first time it's been seen in the UK since UK Gold ran it in 1995. I hope they re-run it again but I have a feeling when it finishes this run Dallas will be taking it's slot.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: The Colbys

Postby Mike Nuttall » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Kajaboy wrote:I meant to mention this a few weeks back. It's being aired by CBS Drama at the moment in the UK at 6PM week days. It's just into the start of season 2. I didn't catch that it was on until 15 eps into season 1. It's the first time it's been seen in the UK since UK Gold ran it in 1995. I hope they re-run it again but I have a feeling when it finishes this run Dallas will be taking it's slot.

I actually preferred The Colbys to Dynasty at the time but watching it again now it's horrendous! If Jason Colby had that much money he should have invested some of it in a decent wig - it looks like a moth-eaten guinea pig is in it's death throes atop his bonce...
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Kajaboy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:37 pm

I think someone told Charlton Heston to "Play it like Blake" and that's what he does in every single scene. It doesn't matter if Jason is supposed to be angry, sad or happy. He has one type of acting for all of it. :lol:

Connie hasn't been seen since the end of season 1 and has hardly been mentioned. I know Barbara Stanwyck had left by this point but at the time she wouldn't have been seen for over 6 months.

You can tell that some people were hired for how they look in a nice frock instead of their acting ability. Miles and Bliss are the worst offenders for this with Bliss being kept out of the way of the real talent (what there is of it) for the most part.

All in all I'm enjoying it tho. It's filling in a few blanks from Dynasty.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Postby Mike Nuttall » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Kajaboy wrote:I think someone told Charlton Heston to "Play it like Blake" and that's what he does in every single scene. It doesn't matter if Jason is supposed to be angry, sad or happy. He has one type of acting for all of it. :lol:

Connie hasn't been seen since the end of season 1 and has hardly been mentioned. I know Barbara Stanwyck had left by this point but at the time she wouldn't have been seen for over 6 months.

You can tell that some people were hired for how they look in a nice frock instead of their acting ability. Miles and Bliss are the worst offenders for this with Bliss being kept out of the way of the real talent (what there is of it) for the most part.

All in all I'm enjoying it tho. It's filling in a few blanks from Dynasty.

Charlton Heston is rather one-note, he has one expression for every emotion. He runs the emotional gamut from A to B, as some wag once wrote.

I was wondering where the hell Connie had got to!

It's clear that Miles was hired for his ability to slip out of any shirt at breakneck speed and Bliss has less animation than your average item of household furniture. I remember wishing she'd done a runner with that Russian ballet dancer Ivagotta Tyteson. Mind you, like you say, there was so little of Bliss in The Colbys I'd actually forgotten she was in it at all.

Thank goodness they now seem to have dropped that ridiculous blind country singer storyline, with him sculpting Monica's bonce in clay it was all getting a bit too "Hello" for me. "Is it me your looking for?" Er, no...
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Kajaboy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:54 am

I have to say, I loved the ending. The UFO is very well done.

Kajaboy

Return to Soaps