The 3 DALEK Movies vs. the TV Versions: Which Are Best?

Hmm? What’s that, my boy?

UP TO 3 VOTES: Which Were/Would Have Been Better in Each Case?: The Film or TV Versions?

TV: THE DALEKS/THE DEAD PLANET (1963)
20%
MOVIE: DR. WHO & THE DALEKS (1965)
7%
TV: THE DALEK INVASION OF EARTH (1964)
20%
MOVIE: DALEKS! INVASION EARTH: 2150AD (1966)
7%
TV: THE CHASE (1965): Even ignoring the mock trailer below, I suspect that the actual Daleks vs. Mechons movie would have paled in comparison to this, the tv version.
13%
TV: THE CHASE (1965): Look pal, I can't exactly vote for a third film adaption that NEVER ACTUALLY GOT MADE!! So therefore - by default - am also content/happy with this, the tv version.
7%
MOVIE: DALEKS VS. MECHONS (1967): I suspect that this movie could only have been an improvement on the tv version.
7%
CAN'T CHOOSE & LOVE ALL ROUND: Have to say, I loved ALL of the movies and tv versions equally. Even THE CHASE! They were all lovely examples of good WHO.
20%
WON'T CHOOSE & DISLIKE ALL ROUND: Sorry, but I disliked ALL of the movies and tv versions equally. Even THE CHASE! They were all lesser examples of WHO.
No votes

Total votes : 15

The 3 DALEK Movies vs. the TV Versions: Which Are Best?

Postby Cygnus Prime » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm

UP TO 3 VOTES
Revoting Allowed :) : :)

Which Were best?

The TV Adaptions or the movies?

And how do you THINK you would be voting if they had ever adapted THE CHASE, as planned? Your chance to vote on it. :)

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: DALEK MOVIES vs The Hartnell TV Serials: Which Were Bett

Postby Cygnus Prime » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Meanwhile, in some alternative reality.......

Dr Who: Daleks vs Mechons - the Third Peter Cushing film trailer...

Everyone knows that there were two Dalek films in the 1960s starring Peter Cushing. It's not generally knwon that there was a third film made in 1967, based on the Doctor Who TV serial 'The Chase'. The master print of the film was lost in a fire in the Aaru / Amicus archives before the film was officially released. In 2009, in a box of dusty, charred old film canisters in the basement of a church in northern England, I located the last surviving footage from this film.

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: The 3 DALEK Movies vs. the TV Versions: Which Are Best?

Postby Cygnus Prime » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 am

Love the two movies and the original tv versions.

Also love THE CHASE, with all it's clonky charms - so suspect I would have loved DALEKS VS. MECHONS too! :lol:

Heck, it's all wonderful imo - and a nice antidote to current WHO! :)
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to The Hartnell Era