Mission to the Unknown

Hmm? What’s that, my boy?

Re: Mission to the Unknown

Postby The Ginger Cat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:44 pm

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:21 pm

That was great fun, they did a good job.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Servorobot » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 pm

iank wrote:lols You've got to be kidding.
I lasted five minutes before the terrible acting saw me off.
If this turns out to be the "future" of missing episode recons, count me out...

Funnily enough I had a similar feeling when watching the Macra animation. The awful animation (and the story) really put me off and I only watched it all the way through because I had to.

I didn’t think the acting was that bad, a bit wooden, but were not talking Pertwee guest star awfulness. No one channeled Cotton.
Stone the bleedin’ crows, Something Who goes Down Under!
Fair dinkum it should be essential listening for all you flamin’ kids.
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-8-down-under/
Follow Something Who on Twitter https://twitter.com/something_who
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby Hartnell's Wig » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 am

Loved that, made with all respect to the original, unlike the animations.. I'd happily watch some more of these, but I'll never watch any more animations.
The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up

“What Brussels doesn’t understand is low power vacuum cleaners are no good if you want to put your willy in them."

So unprotected oral sex is responsible for the rise of super gonorrhea.. that's it then. I've given my last blowjob!
Hartnell's Wig

Postby LizR » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:28 am

Yes, that was fun. The amateur dramatics and cheap sets seem appropriate... What a huge amount of work they must have put in!
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby shuzbot » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:26 am

richardsmith wrote:I bring you news of the second special episode of Something Who in a week to celebrate the release of the University of Central Lancashire's recreation of Mission to the Unknown.

After last week's episode https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-55-transmission-of-the-unknown/, in which Paul, Tim, Richard and Jac Rayner gushed over the YouTube release of the reborn Mission to the Unknown, we were contacted by the creative force behind the project - Andrew Ireland. Andrew joins Richard this week to discuss the project from its origins, through its realisation and release to possible future plans. It's a fascinating listen, if not quite 17 times as long as the YouTube "Making Of" as Jac requested.

https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-55a-andrew-ireland/
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby The Wooksta! » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Just watched it. It's... Well, it feels right, looks about right but it's ultimately disappointing. No disrespect to the UCLAN people, but it's Nation's awful script. The dialogue is appallingly bad in places, cringeworthy in several - especially Malpha (although I did enjoy a being from an outer "galaxy" having a Lancashire accent - do many planets have a Lancashire? Lolages!).

Full marks to the team for effort, although do we really have to have Nick Briggs involved in every sodding Dalek project?
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"Now then, Butch Harry. Tell us about Fulham..."

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
The Wooksta!

Previous

Return to The Hartnell Era