Series 11 Spoiler Thread

For discussion of spoilers for the 11th series of Nu-Who

Re: Series 11 Spoiler Thread

Postby LizR » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 am

Ooh look, a "TARDIS family"

One source said: “The Doctor has all of space and time to explore so it’ll be fascinating to see the gang from 2018 having a good rummage around in big, important events which have changed the course of history.”

Bet they aren't going to look at this one (preferably scripted by Michael Moorcock) :

"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby thecypher » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:11 am

The Ginger Cat wrote:Sounds like we're in for some right thrilling adventures in time and space...

The Mirror: Doctor Who to revisit US civil rights movement as new boss attempts to educate and entertain

The production is now heading off to India, where the gang will find out more about the country’s past and perhaps Yasmin’s own family heritage.

The next series of 10 episodes, which hits BBC1 in the autumn, will see three stories set in the future, three in the past, and the rest in the present day.

I look forward to a story where The Doctor goes back in time, explains white privilege to the Vikings, accuses them of racism and forces them to issue an apology for being Vikings.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby ericthehalfabee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 pm

LizR wrote:
Bet they aren't going to look at this one (preferably scripted by Michael Moorcock) :

Well I hope what I'm saying doesn't come across as an excuse to espouse right wing politics. My personal beliefs on social politics are very liberal IMO... I just don't care.

My point is that what has been done has been done dreadfully. It's cringeworthy TV and I'm not sure whether there is underlying virtue or merely virtue signalling. In either case it's awful and counterproductive. It's certainly not to my tastes.

Letts got it right in the 70's, as did RTD in the naughties IMO.
ericthehalfabee

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:59 pm

ericthehalfabee wrote:
iank wrote:They're going back to the old educational mandate... sadly updated to today's world where "Education" now means "indoctrinated". :D

God I hate to be cynical about this, but after the complete hash they made of Thin Ice, I dread to think what they’ll do.

“Uhh slavery is like totally still a thing Doctor. I’m gonna stand out”

“Oh yes”

No you f*****g morons, it’s not. It’s never been legal in England and it was outlawed 10 years ago on British ships, plus half your cast is non-white. WTF are you talking about you gibbering imbeciles.

Bring back Barry Letts.

It would also be nice to have a story about how bad sugary drinks are or cutting down the rainforest.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby thecypher » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
iank wrote:They're going back to the old educational mandate... sadly updated to today's world where "Education" now means "indoctrinated". :D

God I hate to be cynical about this, but after the complete hash they made of Thin Ice, I dread to think what they’ll do.

“Uhh slavery is like totally still a thing Doctor. I’m gonna stand out”

“Oh yes”

No you f*****g morons, it’s not. It’s never been legal in England and it was outlawed 10 years ago on British ships, plus half your cast is non-white. WTF are you talking about you gibbering imbeciles.

Bring back Barry Letts.

It would also be nice to have a story about how bad sugary drinks are or cutting down the rainforest.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Invasion_o ... _(TV_story)
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby robbo13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:32 pm

All this news really gets me excited for it to start so I can spend my saturday evenings watching anything but the new series of "Doctor Who".
robbo13

Postby thecypher » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 am

robbo13 wrote:All this news really gets me excited for it to start so I can spend my saturday evenings watching anything but the new series of "Doctor Who".

So three stories set in the past:

- Rosa Parks (probably to do with new companion Ryan)
- Witch trials (probably to do with women's rights)
- A story set in India (probably to do with new companion Yasmin)

I look forward to not watching.
thecypher

Postby iank » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:33 am

Sounds like gripping brainwashingtelevision. :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby LizR » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:56 am

Martin_Kinsella wrote:It would also be nice to have a story about how bad sugary drinks are or cutting down the rainforest.

:lol:

I've got a title for Chris: "Let's kill Jimmy Savile!"
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby ericthehalfabee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:42 am

LizR wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:It would also be nice to have a story about how bad sugary drinks are or cutting down the rainforest.

I've got a title for Chris: "Let's kill Jimmy Savile!"

ericthehalfabee

Postby Rubbernecking » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm

The historical stuff could be broken up with as close to traditional NuWho?
The thing I am dreading the most is watching every second of it as I clearly have problems!

Would be great if a new companion said "Honest, I'm fine with it! Can we go into space now?"
Rubbernecking

Postby thecypher » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Rubbernecking wrote:The historical stuff could be broken up with as close to traditional NuWho?
The thing I am dreading the most is watching every second of it as I clearly have problems!

Would be great if a new companion said "Honest, I'm fine with it! Can we go into space now?"

Just don't watch it. No point subjecting yourself to 50 minutes of BBC indoctrination.
thecypher

Postby Rubbernecking » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 pm

thecypher wrote:
robbo13 wrote:All this news really gets me excited for it to start so I can spend my saturday evenings watching anything but the new series of "Doctor Who".

So it's a bigger budgeted version of Erasmus Microman?
Rubbernecking

Postby thecypher » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Rubbernecking wrote:
thecypher wrote:

So it's a bigger budgeted version of Erasmus Microman?

Yes :floorroll:
thecypher

Postby mr borusa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Feels like i have got to watch this trash in order to point out how bad it is to the feminists and PC numpties.
Binro was right.
mr borusa

Postby thecypher » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 am

mr borusa wrote:

Feels like i have got to watch this trash in order to point out how bad it is to the feminists and PC numpties.

You're a braver man than I :lol:
thecypher

Postby Servorobot » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:53 am

mr borusa wrote:

Damn, you could have dropped Uber in there and I would have got the trifecta!
Stone the bleedin’ crows, Something Who goes Down Under!
Fair dinkum it should be essential listening for all you flamin’ kids.
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-8-down-under/
Follow Something Who on Twitter https://twitter.com/something_who
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby LizR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 am

mr borusa wrote:...i have got to watch this trash in order to point out how bad it is...

I'm starting to feel that the world is finally coming around to my way of thinking (unfortunately).

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby chiefbrody » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:06 pm

LizR wrote:
mr borusa wrote:...i have got to watch this trash in order to point out how bad it is...

I'm starting to feel that the world is finally coming around to my way of thinking (unfortunately).

Jesus. You lot are really angry.
chiefbrody

Postby ericthehalfabee » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 pm

chiefbrody wrote:
LizR wrote:

Jesus. You lot are really angry.

ericthehalfabee

PreviousNext

Return to SERIES 11 SPOILERS