Series 11 Spoiler Thread

For discussion of spoilers for the 11th series of Nu-Who

Series 11 Rumours

Postby thecypher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Hearing rumours that there are disagreements between Chibnall & the BBC. Apparently there will be a press release on Monday announcing Series 11 could be the last (though that apparently depends on how well Series 11 is received). Whittaker could also pull an Eccleston, apparently.

Seems our favourite TV show could meet a sticky end :D
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Series 11 Spoiler Thread

Postby Michael_7677 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 pm

thecypher wrote:Hearing rumours that there are disagreements between Chibnall & the BBC. Apparently there will be a press release on Monday announcing Series 11 could be the last (though that apparently depends on how well Series 11 is received). Whittaker could also pull an Eccleston, apparently.

To be honest. For years and years I’ve heard “there’s gonna be an announcement on ‘insert day here’ and is always bollocks...there won’t be an announcement even though I bloody wish it were true. I also wish that the BBC is losing faith in the show and do cancel it but that’s wishing too much.
Formally known as 'The_6th_Doctor'
Michael_7677

Postby thecypher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Michael_7677 wrote:
thecypher wrote:Hearing rumours that there are disagreements between Chibnall & the BBC. Apparently there will be a press release on Monday announcing Series 11 could be the last (though that apparently depends on how well Series 11 is received). Whittaker could also pull an Eccleston, apparently.

To be honest. For years and years I’ve heard “there’s gonna be an announcement on ‘insert day here’ and is always bollocks...there won’t be an announcement even though I bloody wish it were true. I also wish that the BBC is losing faith in the show and do cancel it but that’s wishing too much.

We agree. At least this supposed announcement is relatively close.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby Michael_7677 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:57 pm

thecypher wrote:
Michael_7677 wrote:

Where’d you hear this rumour from though?
Formally known as 'The_6th_Doctor'
Michael_7677

Postby thecypher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Michael_7677 wrote:
thecypher wrote:
Michael_7677 wrote:

Where’d you hear this rumour from though?

Twitter. Thus, take with a pinch of salt (though as followers of the ME we're quite accustomed to that :D )
thecypher

Postby iank » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Couldn't they have done that before The Great Castration?
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Rubbernecking » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Could it have got messier than his Ecceleston departure going by his recent statements?
Apart from cancellation then put up against Coronation Street obviously.
Rubbernecking

Postby chiefbrody » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Michael_7677 wrote:

What the hell's the matter with you? It's Dr Who. It's a bit of fun. Ups and downs and new directions. Why would you want to see it cancelled?
chiefbrody

Postby date542 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:21 pm

chiefbrody wrote:
Michael_7677 wrote:

What the hell's the matter with you? It's Dr Who. It's a bit of fun. Ups and downs and new directions. Why would you want to see it cancelled?

Don`t particularly want to see it cancelled---but if it is I would be spectacularly unarsed. The more I see and hear of the latest series I get the feeling they have cast JW just because she is a woman and has prior with Chinball---there is nothing in her previous work or her demeanour that says to me `you know what--she`d be a brilliant Dr Who!`
I`d have preferred someone like Sally Hawkins (no chance now..), Eva Green (maybe for 1 series--too big for a long run)...or Keeley Hawes (who has led a number of series before)..even Tom Bakers` suggestion of Dawn French had possibilities...but not getting it with Jodie Whittaker--feel like they have shot their bolt with the idea of the first female DR Who and made a hash of it.....
date542

Postby paulhickling » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 pm

On these occasions only 'time' will tell. I have no problem with the professional actress cast, except it's an actress.
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Servorobot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Well the witch trials one sounds interesting.

Nothing wrong with a bit of fear, ignorance and religious persecution to keep the plebs in line!

This thread is for spoilers for the new series, not to moan and bitch about the Doctor now being played by a woman or to tell us you’ve had your knackers chopped off.

Please stick to the topic thanks very much.
Stone the bleedin’ crows, Something Who goes Down Under!
Fair dinkum it should be essential listening for all you flamin’ kids.
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-8-down-under/
Follow Something Who on Twitter https://twitter.com/something_who
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby ericthehalfabee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Servorobot wrote:... or to tell us you’ve had your knackers chopped off.

:lol:
ericthehalfabee

Postby iank » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Servorobot wrote:Well the witch trials one sounds interesting.

Nothing wrong with a bit of fear, ignorance and religious persecution to keep the plebs in line!

This thread is for spoilers for the new series, not to moan and bitch about the Doctor now being played by a woman or to tell us you’ve had your knackers chopped off.

Everybody has, 100%. :roll:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Zarius » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:58 pm

thecypher wrote:Hearing rumours that there are disagreements between Chibnall & the BBC. Apparently there will be a press release on Monday announcing Series 11 could be the last (though that apparently depends on how well Series 11 is received).

This doesn't add up to me. Announce the show's cancellation but challenge the viewers to give it support? I don't think they've ever done that with any of their other shows, and it seems like BBC doing something rare and acknowledging the show has faults...which does not gel at all with their modus operandi throughout the modern show's existence, where everything is magical, sunshine and rainbows even when it blatantly is'nt.

When the BBC axed Classic Who the first time, there was no press release or no announcement, they just let it quietly fade.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby paulhickling » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:41 pm

And it flies in the face of the news some time back of a "five year plan".
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby The Nimon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Zarius wrote:
When the BBC axed Classic Who the first time, there was no press release or no announcement, they just let it quietly fade.

Technically that was the second time as they tried it first in 1985, saying that it would only be off for 18 months.

Does smell of total BS to me though, unless the overseas sales have dropped off they're going to keep making it.
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:50 pm

This smells of total BS to me too. But any cancellation or,rumoured one surely do not belong in the series spoiler thread. A separate thread of its own perhaps. Sorry guys and gals, but Can we get back to,actual spoilers about season 11 ?
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Servorobot » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 am

iank wrote:
Servorobot wrote:Well the witch trials one sounds interesting.

Everybody has, 100%. :roll:

Not really. Spoilers relate to knowing things in advance. Commenting on the gender of the Doctor or, as Martin has pointed out, rumours about cancellation, are not spoilers.

Now can we restrict ourselves to discussing spoilers on this thread please.
Stone the bleedin’ crows, Something Who goes Down Under!
Fair dinkum it should be essential listening for all you flamin’ kids.
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-8-down-under/
Follow Something Who on Twitter https://twitter.com/something_who
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Series 11 Rumours

Postby The Nimon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Thread for rumours about series 11
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Re: Series 11 Rumours

Postby date542 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:51 pm

...apparently there will be an alien called Lynx from a race known as Sontarans in the series opener....
date542

PreviousNext

Return to SERIES 11 SPOILERS