Series 11 Spoiler Thread

For discussion of spoilers for the 11th series of Nu-Who

Re: Series 11 Spoiler Thread

Postby Caligari71 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:42 am

chap with wings wrote:
chiefbrody wrote:
iank wrote:Anyone care?

Yep. I do. Looking forward to it. Change is good.

Me too, can’t wait for a whole new angle on the show. Change is most definitely good.

Change is neither automatically good or bad. The outcome depends on the nature of the changes and the reception those changes receive. If Doctor Who was changed into, for example, Game of Thrones in space and time, complete with nudity (generally female), sex and extreme gory violence, some people may like it, but generally that wouldn't be good, as it alienates the primary audience of families and fundamentally alters what the show is about.

The current changes made to the show are unproven (since we haven't seen them) and therefore are, at best, neutral. However, given the polarising effect they've had on a large part of the core audience, evidence would suggest negative is a more likely outcome. Also, none of the changes appear to have addressed the problems the show was experiencing concerning the overweening power of the 'show-runner' and poor writing and stories. I may be proved wrong, but I won't hold my breath!
Caligari71

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby paulhickling » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:30 pm

If true, as cww said sidelining the Tardis isn't new. But then I used both Blake's 7 without Blake and Red Dwarf without Red Dwarf myself as a way of actually having Romana ( I know, zzzzz) take the lead in the series for a while. This would give those who desperately need a female lead what they want. The theme could be a search for The Doctor HIMself.

I've already thought that Chibnall is a big Pertwee era fan. He gave us a space remake of Inferno, another version of The Silurians (with an Inferno-ish start), his own invasion of dinosaurs and a UNIT story. Wonder what other 'inspirations' we're getting? The possibility of underuse of the Tardis would fall into a pattern here.
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ginger Cat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Let's get back to the spoilers please and take this change is good/change is bad chat to a more relevant thread elsewhere on the forum. Thanks kindly folks.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Cygnus Prime » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Heccypoo wrote:I hear the TARDIS is going to be phased out as the Doctor's main transport.

She's going to still live in it, but she'll use a time ring to travel the universe mainly from now on..

The TARDIS will be grounded at the bottom of Bradley Walsh's garden with moss growing up it's sides...

Anyone able to track down a source of some kind for this rumour?
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby The Nimon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Heccypoo wrote:I hear the TARDIS is going to be phased out as the Doctor's main transport.

She's going to still live in it, but she'll use a time ring to travel the universe mainly from now on..

The TARDIS will be grounded at the bottom of Bradley Walsh's garden with moss growing up it's sides...

Hmmmm not sure about this as from what little production photo's/videos we have seen the Tardis has been spotted in them (including being taken on location abroad) and none had any moss on the side
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Postby Heccypoo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 pm

The Nimon wrote:

Hmmmm not sure about this as from what little production photo's/videos we have seen the Tardis has been spotted in them (including being taken on location abroad) and none had any moss on the side

Sorry my bad....

I made it up to see if it would get any reactions... :oops:

Sorry if I have upset any NuWho fans.
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby The Nimon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Heccypoo wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Sorry my bad....

LOL no worries. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Nimon

Postby The Ginger Cat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Heccypoo wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Sorry my bad....

I'm surprised anyone took it seriously really. Thought you was having a bit of a joke. :lol:
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Bowtiesarecool » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Heccypoo wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Sorry my bad....

:lol:

Good one! :D
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Postby ericthehalfabee » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Heccypoo wrote:
The Nimon wrote:

Sorry my bad....

:lol:
ericthehalfabee

Postby Zarius » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Some actual news

Filming took place in Spain recently

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/doc ... g-latest-2

Whilst The Mirror is claiming a September 23rd start date, maintaining that it will have a Sunday time slot

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/hope-whovia ... 7-12679145
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Zarius » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:59 pm

The new Doctor Who cast will make their first-ever panel appearance at this year's Comic-Con International held at San Diego 2018 this July.

The Doctor Who panel will feature new Doctor Jodie Whittaker alongside two of her Doctor Who co-stars Tosin Cole, and Mandip Gill. They will be joined by Showrunner Chris Chibnall and Executive Producer Matt Strevens.

The panel will be moderated by legendary Doctor Who fan, comedian Chris Hardwick (The Talking Dead, Talking with Chris Hardwick).

The panel will be the cast’s first-ever panel appearance ahead of Doctor Who returning this Autumn on BBC One and BBC America

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/06/do ... ional.html
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby iank » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Don't forget to bring your tomatoes. :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Zarius » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Jodie Whittaker, Tosin Cole and Bradley Walsh seen filming near a wooden house between the cities of La Calahorra and Alquife. The first day of filming was on a mountain near Aldeire. #dwsr

https://mobile.twitter.com/GirlyLetters ... 1289314305
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ericthehalfabee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Zarius wrote:
The new Doctor Who cast will make their first-ever panel appearance at this year's Comic-Con International held at San Diego 2018 this July.

The Doctor Who panel will feature new Doctor Jodie Whittaker alongside two of her Doctor Who co-stars Tosin Cole, and Mandip Gill. They will be joined by Showrunner Chris Chibnall and Executive Producer Matt Strevens.

The panel will be moderated by legendary Doctor Who fan, comedian Chris Hardwick (The Talking Dead, Talking with Chris Hardwick).

The panel will be the cast’s first-ever panel appearance ahead of Doctor Who returning this Autumn on BBC One and BBC America

Blimey, reading this has made me realise just how much

Spoiler: Toggle
phpBB © 2011

about this new project.
ericthehalfabee

Postby Heccypoo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:44 pm

ericthehalfabee wrote:
Zarius wrote:

Blimey, reading this has made me realise just how much

Spoiler: Toggle
phpBB © 2011

about this new project.

I couldn't have put it better... :mrgreen:
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby paulhickling » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Has to be said that I've never been as disinterested in a new series of my favourite programme. And 'new project' is just how I feel it is.

I remember when RTD once said he didn't want to reinvent the wheel. Isn't that exactly what is happening now?
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby thecypher » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

paulhickling wrote:Has to be said that I've never been as disinterested in a new series of my favourite programme. And 'new project' is just how I feel it is.

I remember when RTD once said he didn't want to reinvent the wheel. Isn't that exactly what is happening now?

If they were gonna do this, I'd rather they had just reinvented the wheel and rebooted the series with an entirely new canon, leaving the old one unaffected. They could have their Doctor Who, we could have ours.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby Zarius » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Cast and crew celebrated the end of Spain filming, and Joadie's birthday...in drag

https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status ... 9763532800
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Zarius » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:15 am

Following sexual abuse claims, all of Chris Hardwick's shows have been pulled and he will not be moderating panels at ComicCon (including any for BBC, that includes the DW panel)

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a859614/talking-dead-host-chris-hardwick-denies-sexually-assaulting-chloe-dykstra/
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to SERIES 11 SPOILERS