Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

I hope it’s not a fatlek.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Youtuber Big Mouth, who works in the television and film industry and has been privy to early screenings of upcoming films such as Shazam, has seen Resolution. Without going into specifics, he talks a bit about it. He's not happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsuTTQpaZjs
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A behind the scenes photo has leaked revealing the Dalek
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvXT7QbX4AAmv9O?format=jpg&name=900x900[/img]
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Looks like an early model, e.g. the "Invasion of Earth" - or does it have slats? Even then, quite early. Plus it's got a black top so one of the commanders?
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LizR wrote:Looks like an early model, e.g. the "Invasion of Earth" - or does it have slats? Even then, quite early. Plus it's got a black top so one of the commanders?
Scrunching my eyes in JW fashion it looks like it's an RTD version (the base of the eyestalk looks typically 2005 onwards chunky) painted up like the guard daleks from EVIL of the Daleks. If it has slats it's post-Invasion Earth, although one report said "odd shoulder arrangement" so it may be modified to look like an Invasion Earth one. But yep, the silver and blue is pre-Pertwee. Of course some will point out that the BLUE spots were only that colour for b&w tv reasons..

If that photo is genuine and not to throw folks off the scent. Some have described what they've seen being black with red spots haven't they?

Well it all looks more exciting than anything so far and Chibbers is promising "EPIC"! If it successfully visualises Eccles' description of one Dalek being mega-powerful in this episode's obvious inspiration, it'll be his best steal so far. At least he's adding something to someone else's idea this time. And we have something else to remind us of Doctor Who apart from the police box.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I was going mainly by the (possibly) silver colour and (possibly) blue spots, plus it looks a bit smaller than recent models - but I wouldn't put money on it! Anyway we'll know soon enough. I'm not going to get stoked over the possibility that Chibnall has managed to write something epic, because his record is patchy at best.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Double post, which apparently I can't remove even though it was the stupid browser / forum response time's fault.

Being a Muggle on this thread is no fun.

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

New synopsis
As the New Year begins, the Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz return home to find a terrifying alien evil is stirring. DNA from a Dalek, the most dangerous creature in the universe, has been buried on Earth since the 9th century. A Dalek, once unearthed, will relentlessly kill anyone who tries to get in the way of its quest to take control of the planet.

Written by Chris Chibnall and directed by Wayne Yip, Resolution airs on Tuesday, January 1 at 7:00 p.m. on BBC One, and 8:00 p.m. on BBC America and Space Canada.
http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-re ... s-released
ericthehalfabee

Zarius wrote:New synopsis
As the New Year begins, the Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz return home to find a terrifying alien evil is stirring. DNA from a Dalek, the most dangerous creature in the universe, has been buried on Earth since the 9th century. A Dalek, once unearthed, will relentlessly kill anyone who tries to get in the way of its quest to take control of the planet.

Written by Chris Chibnall and directed by Wayne Yip, Resolution airs on Tuesday, January 1 at 7:00 p.m. on BBC One, and 8:00 p.m. on BBC America and Space Canada.
http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-re ... s-released
Umm. That's "Dalek".
DarachAnLaoch

So he shamelessly rehashed The Silurians back in 2010 with some Frontios thrown in for good measure and here we have 2005’s ‘Dalek’ ripped off and diluted to the bland vapidness of series 11. I mean, his criticisms of “Vervoids” were valid but, if I may steal Phoebe‘s line in the Friends episode “The One With All The Poker” - “Oh, hello, kettle? This is Chibnall. You're black. ”
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

I wonder if Rob Shearman gets a credit this time. ;)
thecypher

So it's "Dalek" but a sh*t version for people with low expectations?
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
iank

The originality is breathtaking. :death:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
mr borusa

Zarius wrote:A behind the scenes photo has leaked revealing the Dalek
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvXT7QbX4AAmv9O?format=jpg&name=900x900[/img]
Thats a Hartnell Era Dalek.
Binro was right.
mr borusa

thecypher wrote:So it's "Dalek" but a sh*t version for people with low expectations?
It won't work either cause what made "Dalek" even more special was that it was the last Dalek in existence which made it more dangerous.

What's this lonely Dalek going to do, call upon his other Dalek chums for help.
Binro was right.

Return to “SERIES 11 SPOILERS”

• Information