SERIES 12 SPOILERS

Re: SERIES 12 SPOILERS

Postby Zarius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Mandip Gill was on a Beauty Fashion Friends podcast and had this to say about her future and what to expect from the end of Revolution of the Daleks

“It’s all very secretive. I obviously know where it’s left off but it’s but it’s so ambiguous that it could go any which way. But with everything that’s happening, I’ve put no pressure on them for an answer.”

https://cultbox.co.uk/news/mandip-gill- ... liffhanger
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby robbo13 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:04 pm

paulhickling wrote:
Zarius wrote:
paulhickling wrote:Is that guy in the video for real?.

He's just a kid, he hasn't developed a critical faculty yet. Mind you, he could also be the kind of Nu-Who fan who thinks everything's amazing. I was like that myself once...to an insufferable degree.

I was like that once, and a leading member of 'it's all one big series' brigade. But from the start there have been niggles, and bit by bit things have been chipping away at me that peaked with Missy (and I'd have been jumping for joy if she'd been the Rani) and tipped me over the edge when SHE threw her hood back in the woods after the tennis. The last episode continued piling on my hatred for this programme and it's hard to see me loving it again. Too much damage done.

I still love what the show was, I can pick up virtually any DVD from the classic series and quite a few from Nu Who and quite happily watch them again, apart from maybe the Web Planet. Unfortunately the last few seasons have ruined the show, as soon as the wokeness reared its ugly head. The less said about Chinballs era the better, he's driven the final nail in the coffin.
robbo13

Postby Servorobot » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:41 pm

robbo13 wrote:
paulhickling wrote:
Zarius wrote:
paulhickling wrote:Is that guy in the video for real?.

He's just a kid, he hasn't developed a critical faculty yet. Mind you, he could also be the kind of Nu-Who fan who thinks everything's amazing. I was like that myself once...to an insufferable degree.

I was like that once, and a leading member of 'it's all one big series' brigade. But from the start there have been niggles, and bit by bit things have been chipping away at me that peaked with Missy (and I'd have been jumping for joy if she'd been the Rani) and tipped me over the edge when SHE threw her hood back in the woods after the tennis. The last episode continued piling on my hatred for this programme and it's hard to see me loving it again. Too much damage done.

I still love what the show was, I can pick up virtually any DVD from the classic series and quite a few from Nu Who and quite happily watch them again, apart from maybe the Web Planet. Unfortunately the last few seasons have ruined the show, as soon as the wokeness reared its ugly head. The less said about Chinballs era the better, he's driven the final nail in the coffin.

Wokeness?

sh*t script writing and an over sized sense of entitlement on the part of the show runner is more like it.

There’s nothing Wide Awake Club about Chibnall.
Stone the bleedin’ crows, Something Who goes Down Under!
Fair dinkum it should be essential listening for all you flamin’ kids.
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/e/episode-8-down-under/
Follow Something Who on Twitter https://twitter.com/something_who
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby thecypher » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:06 pm

My attitude to it is The Doctor died on that Mondasian ship looking at fake stars. Everything after that isn't canon.

When Chibnall and co are gone and they get someone competent in, I may give it another go.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby Zarius » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:26 pm

thecypher wrote:My attitude to it is The Doctor died on that Mondasian ship looking at fake stars. Everything after that isn't canon.

When Chibnall and co are gone and they get someone competent in, I may give it another go.

I'll go one better and say it ended with either him and River at the singing towers. She goes to the library, he continues having adventures somewhere else, or the show should have ended with Hell Bent (that one is quite underrated and functions perfectly well as a series finale)

Series ten is abysmal.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby LizR » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 am

Not doubting the wisdom of my fellow Mondasians, of course, but I'm just wondering why we still have a "Series 12 spoilers" thread. Surely there aren't many spoilers left for series 12? Or does it also include the "Revolutionary" special that's still to come? Just curious...

PS I was hoping for a "SERIES 13 SPOILERS" thread so I could put in: "Major spoiler - there will be a Series 13!"
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Servorobot » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 am

Zarius wrote:
thecypher wrote:My attitude to it is The Doctor died on that Mondasian ship looking at fake stars. Everything after that isn't canon.

I'll go one better and say it ended with either him and River at the singing towers. She goes to the library, he continues having adventures somewhere else, or the show should have ended with Hell Bent (that one is quite underrated and functions perfectly well as a series finale)

Series ten is abysmal.

Series 11 is so bad it makes Series 10 look like a piece of art.

As for canon I much prefer Lenovo.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby Zarius » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Zarius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:56 am

Jodie has advise for her Doctor Who successor...are they hinting at a departure?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/26/jodie-wh ... -12905571/
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Servorobot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:40 am

Zarius wrote:Jodie has advise for her Doctor Who successor...are they hinting at a departure?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/26/jodie-wh ... -12905571/

It’s only worthwhile if Chibs is also going. He’s the real problem.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby thecypher » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Nerdrotic seems to think Whittaker and Chibnall will be out at the end of Series 13. It would make sense - every modern Doctor, with the exception of Christopher Eccleston, has followed Patrick Troughton's "rule of three".

"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby LizR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:19 pm

True, it just seemed longer in some cases...
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Zarius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 am

thecypher wrote:Nerdrotic seems to think Whittaker and Chibnall will be out at the end of Series 13. It would make sense - every modern Doctor, with the exception of Christopher Eccleston, has followed Patrick Troughton's "rule of three".

Gary also suggests the final year for Jodie will be a split series, meaning more years of Jodie as The Doctor at least through to 2023, in short, exactly what happened with the 50th anniversary season.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby shuzbot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 am

thecypher wrote:Nerdrotic seems to think Whittaker and Chibnall will be out at the end of Series 13. It would make sense - every modern Doctor, with the exception of Christopher Eccleston, has followed Patrick Troughton's "rule of three".

And we all know how much Chibnall respects tradition. He made the Doctor a woman and retconned the f*ck out the last finale, whereas Nerdotic is a basement-dwelling YouTuber who put less thought into that inductive statement than I put into cleaning my oven or hoovering the stairs. IT MUST BE TRUE!!! :lol:
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby shuzbot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:09 am

Zarius wrote:Gary also suggests the final year for Jodie will be a split series, meaning more years of Jodie as The Doctor at least throguh to 2023, in short, exactly what happened with the 50th anniversary season.

You mean Chibnall has run out of ideas already? :lol:

But there's so much more for him to balls up!

The Tardis is still a police box... oh... here we go :P
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Postby Zarius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

Youtuber Matrixlord212 is claiming his 'sources' have told him there is no split series and Jodie will sign a 'contract extension', but he's commonly known among Whovians as being nothing but a sh*t-stirrer in the community who has outlandish conspiracy theories about every showrunner and has lied before about air dates and casting news, then tries to cover it up by saying "I got this right so I'm reputable", when all he makes are lucky or educated guesses.

So best not to listen to him, he just wants attention.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby LizR » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:09 am

However, the showrunners have followed the "rule of two" so far, so can we expect Chibnall to stay on for one more Doctor? :evil:

"Go on - just one more..."

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Servorobot » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:25 am

Zarius wrote:Youtuber Matrixlord212 is claiming his 'sources' have told him there is no split series and Jodie will sign a 'contract extension', but he's commonly known among Whovians as being nothing but a sh*t-stirrer in the community who has outlandish conspiracy theories about every showrunner and has lied before about air dates and casting news, then tries to cover it up by saying "I got this right so I'm reputable", when all he makes are lucky or educated guesses.

Best not listen to any of them TBH.

They’ll all carrot stranglers, apart from Josh Snares, even if he is from Adelaide. :D
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Postby Caligari71 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Servorobot wrote:
Zarius wrote:Youtuber Matrixlord212 is claiming his 'sources' have told him there is no split series and Jodie will sign a 'contract extension', but he's commonly known among Whovians as being nothing but a sh*t-stirrer in the community who has outlandish conspiracy theories about every showrunner and has lied before about air dates and casting news, then tries to cover it up by saying "I got this right so I'm reputable", when all he makes are lucky or educated guesses.

Best not listen to any of them TBH.

They’ll all carrot stranglers, apart from Josh Snares, even if he is from Adelaide. :D

Carrot stranglers?! :o
Caligari71

Postby Zarius » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:01 pm

UK Government Nears Decision On Production Insurance Fund To Help Shoots Resume “As Soon As Possible”

https://deadline.com/2020/07/uk-governm ... 202975982/
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to SERIES 12 SPOILERS