Will you be watching series 11?

Will you be watching series 11?

Yup
40%
Yup, but pretending not to.
5%
Yup, I wasn’t but I’m too curious.
6%
No, but I’m willing to be swayed by peer reviews.
7%
No. No interest.
42%

Total votes: 119
ericthehalfabee

I’m obviously expecting an overwhelmingly positive result here.

Just curious as to how many members have thrown the towel in.
ericthehalfabee

I'm not planning on watching it at all.

I suppose the only way I would is if members here review the series entire as a complete turnaround and I buy the bluray. Given the reviews and the continued dwelling on identity politics as opposed to sci-fi adventure, I can't see it.
Rubbernecking

*Shrugs I'll still be watching it. But a line about a certain movie in the Mirror review made me go "Ahh, come on man..." but yeah. Every second of it. At the end I'll judge to carry on next year etc.
See the angle of "Drop now and leave with memory" and you can do that if you want.
But giving the series a chance, won't lie about feelings. Plus I really hated the first few Matt Smith stories when they were shown. So that's my gauge of contentment with the show!
iank

Nah.
It's dead Jim.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
bob123

Not a chance. They sealed my fate when they cast a woman in the role. I can't go there, don't believe in the idea that the Doctor can change gender. So for me Doctor Who is over, because whatever this show is that is on nowonly Doctor Who as the title of a drama, which may be great, but it ain't ever going to be Doctor Who.
ericthehalfabee

30:70 after 10. I'll assume this early sample is just the misanthropes rushing in to show their disgust :lol:
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

You forgot, yes, but I’ll opt out if it’s a pile of crap as one of your options.
ericthehalfabee

ericthehalfabee wrote:30:70 after 10. I'll assume this early sample is just the misanthropes rushing in to show their disgust :lol:
Fair enough, but I just assumed that anyone who watched the last 3 series and hasn't stopped watching will watch literally anything with Doctor Who in the title.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I'll give it a go. I even watched "Torchwood" until "Miracle Day" but that was so awful I finally gave up.

So there's a chance this will finally kill it for me.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

No, I won't be watching it.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
pmname

Of course I'll watch.
I'm not enamored with Whittaker, her dialogue, acting nor personality, but no more so than Tennant or Capaldi. Or McGann.
What else are you going to do? Watch Inferno instead for the umteeth time?
ericthehalfabee

pmname wrote:Of course I'll watch.
I'm not enamored with Whittaker, her dialogue, acting nor personality, but no more so than Tennant or Capaldi. Or McGann.
Inferno’s pretty good though!
ericthehalfabee

This really isn’t going the way that I expected... even for here.
Child of Auron

I'll give it a go but if after an episode or three I think it is a total pile of sh*te then I will give up on Doctor Who for the first time in my watching life. I did come close in 1989 and 2012 but persevered, Capaldi was the main reason I watched the last three years.

Whittaker and Chibnall deserve a chance but they need to hit the ground running.
iank

pmname wrote:Of course I'll watch.
There are other things to watch beside this one show. :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

ericthehalfabee wrote:This really isn’t going the way that I expected... even for here.
Yeah nah.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

iank wrote:There are other things to watch beside this one show. :D
Lots of great TV is still being made, which is why the "if you don't like it you're too old, this is the 21st century*" mantra doesn't work.

*to quote "Thunderbirds" :)

iank

Exactly. :)

thecypher

ericthehalfabee wrote:This really isn’t going the way that I expected... even for here.
David Cameron was probably thinking the same thing in 2016 :D
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

thecypher wrote:
David Cameron was probably thinking the same thing in 2016 :D
Are we preparing for no deal? :P

LizR wrote:I'll give it a go. I even watched "Torchwood" until "Miracle Day" but that was so awful I finally gave up.
Well, to be fair...so did the BBC. Miracle Day was the last series, so you actually stuck with it through to the end :mrgreen:

Return to “SERIES 11”

• Information