Moffat reveals Doctor Who almost ended after Tennent left...

Re: Moffat reveals Doctor Who almost ended after Tennent lef

Postby LizR » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:35 am

Ah the land of strapping Jocks....
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby Kamelion » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Kajaboy wrote:
Kamelion wrote: ...jockland...

Oh but that would be lovely. A land where men walked around in jock straps all day? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"..and who knows when it will end..."
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Kajaboy wrote:
Kamelion wrote: ...jockland...

Oh but that would be lovely. A land where men walked around in jock straps all day? :P

What an utterly revolting thought.
tony ingram

Postby Llamastrangler » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 am

Kamelion wrote:Not really on topic but after having watched the first Capaldi (who I love) 's first story I think I will never watch the new series again. My reason being that infuriatingly pathetic Moffett blatantly declaring his Scottish pride throughout. The Doctor is Scottish? What a load of absolute bollocks. The Doctor is Gallifreyan. McCoy never waved his nationality in people's faces and I know its not Capaldi's input but the insecure Moffett. I remember a similar line given to Tennant "Never underestimate a Celt..." !!!!
This is a science fiction programme, but you'd think it had been penned by Alex Salmond. No one cares about your patriotism so stop trying to claim ownership of a character that has F all to do with jockland. Its called 'Doctor Who' not 'Doctor Finlay'.

Er, don't you think it was perhaps just a little joke to gloss over the Doctor's changing accent?
Have a look at my blog. It's sort of ok

http://llamastranglermarathon.blogspot.com/
Llamastrangler

Postby LizR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:27 am

"Lots of planets have a Scotland."
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Kajaboy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:25 pm

LizR wrote:"Lots of planets have a Scotland."

That's why aliens will never invade the UK. They know we have suffered enough.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:00 pm

No, that seems rather unlikely. A north, yes, that works-but I'm fairly certain no other planet has a Scotland, unless it's a parallel Earth.
tony ingram

Postby Heccypoo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm

tony ingram wrote:

No, that seems rather unlikely. A north, yes, that works-but I'm fairly certain no other planet has a Scotland, unless it's a parallel Earth.

Are you being serious or ironic? :?
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Llamastrangler wrote:
Kamelion wrote:Not really on topic but after having watched the first Capaldi (who I love) 's first story I think I will never watch the new series again. My reason being that infuriatingly pathetic Moffett blatantly declaring his Scottish pride throughout. The Doctor is Scottish? What a load of absolute bollocks. The Doctor is Gallifreyan. McCoy never waved his nationality in people's faces and I know its not Capaldi's input but the insecure Moffett. I remember a similar line given to Tennant "Never underestimate a Celt..." !!!!
This is a science fiction programme, but you'd think it had been penned by Alex Salmond. No one cares about your patriotism so stop trying to claim ownership of a character that has F all to do with jockland. Its called 'Doctor Who' not 'Doctor Finlay'.

Er, don't you think it was perhaps just a little joke to gloss over the Doctor's changing accent?

Er, No. Moffett is of the tartan persuasion and seems to HAVE to mention his windswept nation at every turn. Eccleston's 'northern' accent was questioned (as he admitted he didn't want to play him with plummy accent - yet he did in 'Elizabeth' as the Duke of Norfolk..??!) that was explained as 'Lot's of places have a north..' - He didn't proclaim "Yes!!! I'm English!!!!!!". Coupled with the other Moffett penned crap where the wisdom of Celts was referred to :roll: it is obvious he must include asides in praise of his homeland at any opportunity. Most Scottish people do tend to mention they are Scottish at least three times a day to various passers by.
Kamelion

Postby Heccypoo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Kamelion wrote:
Llamastrangler wrote:

Er, No. Moffett is of the tartan persuasion and seems to HAVE to mention his windswept nation at every turn. Eccleston's 'northern' accent was questioned (as he admitted he didn't want to play him with plummy accent - yet he did in 'Elizabeth' as the Duke of Norfolk..??!) that was explained as 'Lot's of places have a north..' - He didn't proclaim "Yes!!! I'm English!!!!!!". Coupled with the other Moffett penned cr*p where the wisdom of Celts was referred to :roll: it is obvious he must include asides in praise of his homeland at any opportunity. Most Scottish people do tend to mention they are Scottish at least three times a day to various passers by.

They can all go back to Scotland then if it's oh so wonderful....
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Heccypoo wrote:They can all go back to Scotland then if it's oh so wonderful....

But of course they won't.
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Kamelion wrote:
Llamastrangler wrote:

Er, No. Moffett is of the tartan persuasion and seems to HAVE to mention his windswept nation at every turn. Eccleston's 'northern' accent was questioned (as he admitted he didn't want to play him with plummy accent - yet he did in 'Elizabeth' as the Duke of Norfolk..??!) that was explained as 'Lot's of places have a north..' - He didn't proclaim "Yes!!! I'm English!!!!!!". Coupled with the other Moffett penned cr*p where the wisdom of Celts was referred to :roll: it is obvious he must include asides in praise of his homeland at any opportunity. Most Scottish people do tend to mention they are Scottish at least three times a day to various passers by.
Do they? My grandfather was Scottish. I don't recall it tending to dominate his conversation.
tony ingram

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Kamelion wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:They can all go back to Scotland then if it's oh so wonderful....

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was detecting a certain amount of antipathy towards Scots, here.
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:46 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Kamelion wrote:

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was detecting a certain amount of antipathy towards Scots, here.

Correct, and it's purely due to the amount of bigotry and anti-English sentiment expressed by virtually the whole nation. Indeed, in their national newspapers, England is referred to as 'The Auld Enemy'. I have experienced first hand such racism and I know it is unfair to tar with the same brush but I think you'll find it lurks in all their subconscious. Resentment, jealousy, bitterness etc.. It is hilarious as should any disagreement occur between a Scottish person and an English one the former will make a feeble reference to some historic battle from 600 years ago in which they were victorious! Cheering on ANY other nation that faces England in a sporting tournament...you don't have to be Angela Lansbury to ascertain the intense dislike they harbour.

That said, I found Jeanette Krankie amusing
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Kamelion wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Kamelion wrote:

Correct, and it's purely due to the amount of bigotry and anti-English sentiment expressed by virtually the whole nation. Indeed, in their national newspapers, England is referred to as 'The Auld Enemy'. I have experienced first hand such racism and I know it is unfair to tar with the same brush but I think you'll find it lurks in all their subconscious. Resentment, jealousy, bitterness etc.. It is hilarious as should any disagreement occur between a Scottish person and an English one the former will make a feeble reference to some historic battle from 600 years ago in which they were victorious! Cheering on ANY other nation that faces England in a sporting tournament...you don't have to be Angela Lansbury to ascertain the intense dislike they harbour.

That said, I found Jeanette Krankie amusing
Speaking as someone whose father's family are originally from Glasgow, I find that utterly offensive. And also utterly moronic. People like you are the reason so many dislike the English.
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:54 pm

tony ingram wrote:Speaking as someone whose father's family are originally from Glasgow, I find that utterly offensive. And also utterly moronic. People like you are the reason so many dislike the English.

And people like the Scots I have met are the reason I dislike the Scottish. Its a knee jerk reaction to insults against my family who are English. Why is yours more important than mine?
If you want moronic, talk to a jock who babbles on about the Battle of Pinky like it happened yesterday.
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Kamelion wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Speaking as someone whose father's family are originally from Glasgow, I find that utterly offensive. And also utterly moronic. People like you are the reason so many dislike the English.

And people like the Scots I have met are the reason I dislike the Scottish. Its a knee jerk reaction to insults against my family who are English. Why is yours more important than mine?
If you want moronic, talk to a jock who babbles on about the Battle of Pinky like it happened yesterday.

Or to the kind of ignorant cretin who dimisses the entire population of a country because someone once said something he didn't like.
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:59 pm

And what precisely is offensive? All I said was that Scottish dislike the English which (whether you care to admit it or not) is FACT.
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Kamelion wrote:

And what precisely is offensive? All I said was that Scottish dislike the English which (whether you care to admit it or not) is FACT.

No, it isn'tr. It's a "fact" that some Scots dislike the English, that some English dislike the Scots, and that some individuals dislike others. What you are claiming is not a fact, it's a ludicrous assertion based on a personal grudge.
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:03 pm

tony ingram wrote:Or to the kind of ignorant cretin who dimisses the entire population of a country because someone once said something he didn't like.

It is true and you know it. Cheering on Germany in a sporting tournament? You are clearly an imbecile. You yourself just said I am the reason many dislike the English!!!! So for me to react similarly to the racist Scots is histrionic? Hypocrite
Kamelion

PreviousNext

Return to The Tennant Era