Moffat reveals Doctor Who almost ended after Tennent left...

Re: Moffat reveals Doctor Who almost ended after Tennent lef

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:06 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Kamelion wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Speaking as someone whose father's family are originally from Glasgow, I find that utterly offensive. And also utterly moronic. People like you are the reason so many dislike the English.

And what precisely is offensive? All I said was that Scottish dislike the English which (whether you care to admit it or not) is FACT.

No, it isn'tr. It's a "fact" that some Scots dislike the English, that some English dislike the Scots, and that some individuals dislike others. What you are claiming is not a fact, it's a ludicrous assertion based on a personal grudge.

I had NO grudge until I visited Scotland and encountered such bigotry. The Scots have a 'personal grudge' dating back centuries. Utterly pathetic
"..and who knows when it will end..."
Kamelion

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Kamelion wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
Kamelion wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Speaking as someone whose father's family are originally from Glasgow, I find that utterly offensive. And also utterly moronic. People like you are the reason so many dislike the English.

And what precisely is offensive? All I said was that Scottish dislike the English which (whether you care to admit it or not) is FACT.

No, it isn'tr. It's a "fact" that some Scots dislike the English, that some English dislike the Scots, and that some individuals dislike others. What you are claiming is not a fact, it's a ludicrous assertion based on a personal grudge.

I had NO grudge until I visited Scotland and encountered such bigotry. The Scots have a 'personal grudge' dating back centuries. Utterly pathetic
What is utterly pathetic is your insane bigotry against an entire country. I find you deeply offensive, personally.
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 pm

tony ingram wrote:What is utterly pathetic is your insane bigotry against an entire country.

Which was non existent until I experienced first hand the insane bigotry of the Scottish against a entire country
tony ingram wrote:I find you deeply offensive, personally.

Oh well, life goes on
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Is this individual actually going to be allowed to get away with spouting this xenophobic bile?
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:12 pm

tony ingram wrote:Is this individual actually going to be allowed to get away with spouting this xenophobic bile?

Xenophobic? I haven't said a single derogatory word about anyone else - nor have I said anything defamatory about Scotland, everything I repeat is true.
Kamelion

Postby tony ingram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Kamelion wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Is this individual actually going to be allowed to get away with spouting this xenophobic bile?

Xenophobic? I haven't said a single derogatory word about anyone else - nor have I said anything defamatory about Scotland, everything I repeat is true.

You accuse an entire country of bigotry, and that's not defamatory?
tony ingram

Postby Kamelion » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:20 pm

tony ingram wrote:
Kamelion wrote:

You accuse an entire country of bigotry, and that's not defamatory?

I can only go on my own life experience and neither can you deny it. The fact that you don't like to hear it is irrelevant I'm afraid. My original point was an objection to the character of the Doctor ludicrously becoming Scottish as the actor happens to be - did not happen in the McCoy era, and this (as I have already said) is a direct consequence of Moffat. It is a very valid criticism.
Kamelion

Postby The Ginger Cat » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Enough is enough now.

Please get back on topic.

Thanks.

GC.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby Llamastrangler » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Kamelion wrote:
Llamastrangler wrote:
Kamelion wrote:Not really on topic but after having watched the first Capaldi (who I love) 's first story I think I will never watch the new series again. My reason being that infuriatingly pathetic Moffett blatantly declaring his Scottish pride throughout. The Doctor is Scottish? What a load of absolute bollocks. The Doctor is Gallifreyan. McCoy never waved his nationality in people's faces and I know its not Capaldi's input but the insecure Moffett. I remember a similar line given to Tennant "Never underestimate a Celt..." !!!!
This is a science fiction programme, but you'd think it had been penned by Alex Salmond. No one cares about your patriotism so stop trying to claim ownership of a character that has F all to do with jockland. Its called 'Doctor Who' not 'Doctor Finlay'.

Er, don't you think it was perhaps just a little joke to gloss over the Doctor's changing accent?

Er, No. Moffett is of the tartan persuasion and seems to HAVE to mention his windswept nation at every turn. Eccleston's 'northern' accent was questioned (as he admitted he didn't want to play him with plummy accent - yet he did in 'Elizabeth' as the Duke of Norfolk..??!) that was explained as 'Lot's of places have a north..' - He didn't proclaim "Yes!!! I'm English!!!!!!". Coupled with the other Moffett penned cr*p where the wisdom of Celts was referred to :roll: it is obvious he must include asides in praise of his homeland at any opportunity. Most Scottish people do tend to mention they are Scottish at least three times a day to various passers by.

My reading of the mention was that the reference was, if anything, self-deprecating: "I'm Scottish. I can complain about things. I can really complain about things now." Sounds like a joke to me, and a rather gracious one to my English ears. And I'm struggling to remember any previous occasion where Moffat's scripts have referenced his Scottishness?
Have a look at my blog. It's sort of ok

http://llamastranglermarathon.blogspot.com/
Llamastrangler

Previous

Return to The Tennant Era