Time Crash

Time Crash

Postby shuzbot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:19 pm

What do people think of the dialogue Davison has? "Shut up!", doesn't seem right, nor does the Timey-Wimey bit. But it's a light-hearted piece of fluff, I suppose.

10-years-old now.
De omnibus dubitandum (René Descartes)
shuzbot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Time Crash

Postby iank » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:33 pm

Moffat couldn't write the Doctor right back then. It's not like we didn't have advance warning. :cry:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Cygnus Prime » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:48 pm

shuzbot wrote:

What do people think of the dialogue Davison has? "Shut up!", doesn't seem right, nor does the Timey-Wimey bit. But it's a light-hearted piece of fluff, I suppose.

10-years-old now.

Yeah, I thought the whole sketch was awful.

The Doctor getting snatched from the middle of MAWDRYN or wherever suddenly,, inexplicable turns from a laid back and light person to a grumpy, snappy old man - who is also too thick to grasp much, much sooner that this is simply a later regeneration.

Also, a few token words of kindness and appreciation from Tennant at the end doesn't balance out all the writing's mockery of the cosmetic surface of Davison's era that had preceded it; "decorative vegatable", "Time Lords with silly hats", "rubbish beard" etc.

Yeah, the "Timey wimey" stuff made me cringe - as did "that LINDA lot".

Meh. :(
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Heccypoo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Cygnus Prime wrote:
shuzbot wrote:

10-years-old now.

Yeah, I thought the whole sketch was awful.

The Doctor getting snatched from the middle of MAWDRYN or wherever suddenly,, inexplicable turns from a laid back and light person to a grumpy, snappy old man - who is also too thick to grasp much, much sooner that this is simply a later regeneration.

Also, a few token words of kindness and appreciation from Tennant at the end doesn't balance out all the writing's mockery of the cosmetic surface of Davison's era that had preceded it; "decorative vegatable", "Time Lords with silly hats", "rubbish beard" etc.

Yeah, the "Timey wimey" stuff made me cringe - as did "that LINDA lot".

Meh. :(

At the time I liked it, just to see the Fifth Doctor back...

But it's a typical, naff, super meta, Moffawannk attempt at funny dialogue, cringe inducing heap of ostrich droppings.....

It also showed up Tennent's over the top, why act when I can chew the scenery, camera mugging piece of excrement, that was his portrayal of someone who was supposed to be The Doctor, compared to Peter Davison's actual acting...

It was sh*t....
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby The Ginger Cat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:50 am

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Return to SERIES 3