So who's going to be the 12th Doctor

bingo99

No time like the present

Lets start with the cliches

Rumours say a woman... oh I can't be bothered
"Scriptwriters are confident they'll make a huge impact. Everyone remembers the Daleks and the Cyberman, but not a lot else if they're honest. The Tritovore will change that. They will last long in the memory" - New Who PR, 2009
chap with wings

All the rumours point to Ben Daniels.

"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
bingo99

Don't know him, like the fact he's older though.

My choice would be Robbie Coltrane. Even though he's the same age now that William Hartnell was in The Three Doctors
"Scriptwriters are confident they'll make a huge impact. Everyone remembers the Daleks and the Cyberman, but not a lot else if they're honest. The Tritovore will change that. They will last long in the memory" - New Who PR, 2009
OptikaNET

Probably Ben Daniels most high-profile role has been "Law and Order UK", it's what I know him from, although he's been in lots of stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199842/?ref_=sr_1

I'm still not convinced though...

Kind Regards
Dave
bingo99

Here he is being interviewed with Freema Agyeman

bingo99

OptikaNET wrote:Probably Ben Daniels most high-profile role has been "Law and Order UK", it's what I know him from, although he's been in lots of stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199842/?ref_=sr_1

I'm still not convinced though...

Kind Regards
Dave
49 in nine days
bingo99

All his scenes in Lark Rise To Candleford

From this, it looks like he hasn't quite got what New Who looks for in its lead actors. So I'm surprised by this casting. Perhaps if he studies the benchmark setting performances below he might come up to scratch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJObY8qGvGI
bingo99

His current twitter following is 2,686. I've a funny feeling he may add one or two more followers in the next 24 hours

https://twitter.com/bendanielsss

I'm just breathing a sigh of relief it's not Stephen Mangan
John Johnson

Whoever he is (assuming it's a he) I hope he's not in his twenties or me and Stevie Moffat are through.
OptikaNET

bingo99 wrote: From this, it looks like he hasn't quite got what New Who looks for in its lead actors. So I'm surprised by this casting. Perhaps if he studies the benchmark setting performances below he might come up to scratch
I didn't watch the videos, but although I like Ben Daniels as "James Steel" in "Law and Order UK" he plays the part very straightlaced and humourlessly and doesn't really seem to have the quirky edge that I feel the Doctor needs. Some people on this forum may find that a good thing, but I like my quirky Doctors!!!

Kind Regards
Dave
iank

I do hope not. I'd rather it be Daniels - he just looks like more of the same.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
ReganMacNeilfan

Don't know. I am terrible at naming people. :lol:
ImageImage

Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

COME ON JAMIE BELL! :D :D :D
Attachments
jamiebell.jpg
jamiebell.jpg (14.12 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
ImageImage

Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
bingo99

FordTimelord wrote:Gerard Butler's name popping up on Twitter quite a bit...
Twenty million dollars an episode fee, I can't quite see that
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

bingo99 wrote:No time like the present

I heard he was going to regenerate into a Dalek. I mean fair's fair, it's positive discrimination really.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Allons-y

LizR wrote:
bingo99 wrote:No time like the present

I heard he was going to regenerate into a Dalek. I mean fair's fair, it's positive discrimination really.
I will stop watching if he regenerates into a woman, although I don't think even SM is that stupid.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
ReganMacNeilfan

no woman doctor please. :evil: :x
ImageImage

Shaving Foamasi

Paul Daniels, Ken Dodd, Eddie Izzard or Alan Davies are bound to be suggested surely?
You mean you believed the Doctor would never regenerate into a woman?
Allons-y

Shaving Foamasi wrote:Paul Daniels, Ken Dodd, Eddie Izzard or Alan Davies are bound to be suggested surely?
Alan Davies could actually do a stellar job I reckon, but I can't see him being cast.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Allons-y wrote:
Shaving Foamasi wrote:Paul Daniels, Ken Dodd, Eddie Izzard or Alan Davies are bound to be suggested surely?
Alan Davies could actually do a stellar job I reckon, but I can't see him being cast.
I think he'd be OK (I've suggested him before, but a lot of people don't seem to like the idea).
My son suggested Stephen Fry...
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D

Return to “The Capaldi Era”

• Information