So who's going to be the 12th Doctor

Re: So who's going to be the 12th Doctor

Postby LizR » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 am

Callum Arnott, perhaps.

(Whoever he is...)
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:35 am

LizR wrote:Callum Arnott, perhaps.

(Whoever he is...)

That true or a guess? Really wish we knew now!! :cry:
ImageImage

Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

Postby LizR » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:28 am

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:

(Whoever he is...)

That true or a guess? Really wish we knew now!! :cry:

someone suggested him on another forum.

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 : 01:17:54 by omega:
I heard that Moffat has held two screen tests with an unknown actor who appeared in Queer as folk at some point in time. he is called Callum Arnott. I have http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1140725/ heard this from two sources, one is someone who is friends with him and the other is someone who works in PR at the Beeb.
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:28 pm

And I thought we were gonna find out. :(
ImageImage

Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:43 pm

(Whoever he is...)

Oh god, don't you start Liz :)
I had two emails over the weekend. Here's the guys showreel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPywCBVCRTY

Desperate attempt to get himself attention. His cv "highlights" include;

Man in Park - Corrie
Panto
3rd Man in Sauna - Queer as Folk
More Panto

I appreciate many would like an actor not readily identifiable with other roles. This guy has barely had any roles.
You'd be hard pressed to identify this guy in an ID parade, seconds after seeing him. So instantly forgettable is this jobbing extra.

A potential leading man or even a robust character actor this man is not. If he goes on to do well good luck to him but I cant see it.
Deleted User 4238

Postby ianj » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Rory kinnear.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Postby LizR » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Mr Ron wrote:

(Whoever he is...)

Oh god, don't you start Liz :)

Like you, I'm just passing on what I heard, in this case from "omega" on the ILF. I know nothing about him (just like I knew nothing about the last 3 actors to play the Doctor).

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 am

What did you think of the showreel?

Personally, I feel it plays better than his cv scans.

Not that Im giving high praise here.

Perhaps they invited him back for a giggle - he may have given a very out there performance!
Deleted User 4238

Postby LizR » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:33 am

Mr Ron wrote:What did you think of the showreel?

Since you ask, I thought something along the lines of "Oh my God, no!"

(Still, now I have something to report back to omega on the ILF...)

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Kajaboy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 am

Robert Watkins wrote:
I don't think so. When you see certain actors on TV, you can get a feel for them being a Doctor.

Tennant in Casanova for example and he even kept the accent.

I see this guy and he's okay, but nothing about him screams Doctor!

I can just see Moffat picking this guy just to really annoy everyone.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Postby LizR » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 am

Kajaboy wrote:
Robert Watkins wrote:
I don't think so. When you see certain actors on TV, you can get a feel for them being a Doctor.

Well he obviously picked the last one just to annoy chap with wings...

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:14 am

LizR wrote:
Kajaboy wrote:
Robert Watkins wrote:

Well he obviously picked the last one just to annoy chap with wings...

Im guessing they'd go for a 1990s wardrobe?. He appears to have a bad '90s haircut in everything he does.

Less Chris Eccleston more chubby cousin of the Chuckle Brothers. Why has this boy not done Emmerdale yet?.
Deleted User 4238

Postby LizR » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 am

I can feel a

coming on.

Surely it can't be this guy?

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Just been sent this classic quote from GB attributed to someone called Chair

A friend at the Beeb just told me Moffatt told Callum to deny any rumours of being cast but he's already proved himself to not be sly enough to work with the current production team. Moffat phoned him up last night and screamed and sweared at him about it until 3am. As a consequence Callum is trying to back out of his 3 year contract (which is why he is now asking people to retweet his showreel but with a mocking hashtag of #drwho).

I called his best friend who told me that Callum feels heartbroken to have lost out on some massive opportunity but also that the experience has given him so much more confidence in his acting career and believes that something even bigger is in the pipeline.

Over a dozen GB members believed this spoof post - straight out out the box - without questioning.

:floorroll:

Unsurprisingly street performer Callum is milking this new found visibility.
Deleted User 4238

Postby Ambassador of Death » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:53 am

ianj wrote:Rory kinnear.

Rory Kinnear: I won't be the next Doctor Who

But in an interview with the Independent, Kinnear said he has not been approached and has little interest in making a long-term commitment to a part.

The Shakespearean actor, currently starring in Count Arthur Strong on BBC2, said of suggestions that he was being approached to join the show: "I haven't been, and I'm totally certain that I will not be, asked to be the next Doctor Who.

"If I was an actor who was really longing to play Doctor Who then this would be torturous, but it's a programme I've never watched, so I don't even really know what it is."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rory ... or-2041928
Ambassador of Death

Postby LizR » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:52 am

Someone who has no interest in being the Doctor sounds ideal. (Well, OK, he could be a bit older, too...)

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 pm

LizR wrote:Someone who has no interest in being the Doctor sounds ideal. (Well, OK, he could be a bit older, too...)

Can he write too?

:lol:
Deleted User 4238

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

I really want to know who it is now!! :(
ImageImage

ReganMacNeilfan

Postby LizR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:59 am

Mr Ron wrote:
LizR wrote:Someone who has no interest in being the Doctor sounds ideal. (Well, OK, he could be a bit older, too...)

Can he write too?

No, apparently Moffat is staying.

Mind you, the lead actor doesn't generally do the writing. (Just in case you've got the wrong end of the stick on that.)

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Allons-y » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 am

LizR wrote:
Mr Ron wrote:

Can he write too?

No, apparently Moffat is staying.

Mind you, the lead actor doesn't generally do the writing. (Just in case you've got the wrong end of the stick on that.)

Unless you cast Clint Eastwood.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

PreviousNext

Return to The Capaldi Era