So who's going to be the 12th Doctor

Re: So who's going to be the 12th Doctor

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:11 am

He's not a fan. Thank heavens for that.

That was the point Liz. :roll:

He can write the show, be in the show, sing the theme tune for all I care.

Back on Moff - one more year.
Deleted User 4238

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Postby LizR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:50 am

Allons-y wrote:
LizR wrote:Mind you, the lead actor doesn't generally do the writing. (Just in case you've got the wrong end of the stick on that.)

Unless you cast Clint Eastwood.

Everyone seems to be missing the point, even though it was a fairly throwaway one.
Clint isn't relevant in this particular case because he's never played the Doctor. The actor who plays the Doctor hasn't to the best of my knowledge written any of the stories (though they may well have contributed material). There are lots of cases outside DW where the lead actor has done the writing, obviously, but we're talking about Doctor Who here.

Likewise, this guy who doesn't want to be the Doctor is an actor, as far as I know he has even less desire to write for the show than he has to appear in it, and probably no ability to do so anyway.

...all right, punks? I can't remember is I have used six retorts or only five, so if you feel lucky we can continue this odd and rather pointless discussion even longer. :roll:
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:05 am

Liz..

No one is missing the point but you. We all recognise you've been getting a hard time on the Moff's writing thread (I agree with all you've said there by the way)

Rory declares he's not a fan and has no interest in being the Doctor. You said that sounds ideal. So I replied.. great can he write too!. It doesn't really require any knowledge of the other thread to see Im digging at Moff here.

Clint, Im guessing, was purely a humorous observation that actually actors can sometimes be writers too.

Hope that clarifies. We're not all so dumb that we "get the wrong end of the stick on that one". Some of us are quite adept at a throwaway line.
Deleted User 4238

Postby LizR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 am

OK, fair enough. Sorry. Must be the menopause.
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 am

If Moff really is going for the useless older brother (in the kids eyes) angle again :

Bryan Dick.

Bleeding Cool say Daniel Rigby - Ron suggests, on their current form, all the right notes, not necessarily in the right order.

:lol:
Deleted User 4238

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:15 am

I like when they are good looking so i can drool over them! :floorroll:
ImageImage

Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

Postby chap with wings » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:38 am

Gerry Glennon.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

Postby Deleted User 4603 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:40 am

Kasterborous is reporting a rumour that the actor to play the 12th Doctor may be revealed during the 2013 proms...anyone following those?
Deleted User 4603

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:38 pm

I think that was false
ImageImage

Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 am

This is interesting. ;)

Spoiler: Toggle
phpBB © 2011
ImageImage

ReganMacNeilfan

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 am

Already being discussed above and on the other thread - bizarrely.
Deleted User 4238

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 am

Mr Ron wrote:Already being discussed above and on the other thread - bizarrely.

I know just noticed. If only i did 20 minutes earlier. >.<
ImageImage

ReganMacNeilfan

Postby Whovian » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Whovian

Postby LizR » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 pm

I assume this has been posted somewhere but I can't spot it offhand so I will bung it in, just in case.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-07- ... to-sources

Pertains to next Doc and possible appearance of a previous one (Davison seems most likely imho).

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Blow me who's dumped a load of money on Peter Capaldi?

Straight in at 6/4 at Ladbrokes tonight.

(Sum of cash, new name, this far into the search - must of spooked 'em).
Deleted User 4238

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Correction: Ladbrokes was only one to originally call him when betting opened.

Still, in from 20/1 to 6/4.

Who's sung his praises online? :D
Deleted User 4238

Postby ReganMacNeilfan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 am

So who the pick of the week now? Lol
ImageImage

ReganMacNeilfan

Postby edge of destruction » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:35 am

edge of destruction

Postby Deleted User 4238 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:40 am

Was he ever in?

The thing that makes me think the Capaldi story actually has legs is how the sanitised story of his fan years is now being pushed. A young lad writes to Barry Letts and received some scripts. Firing his imagination and ambition towards a career that would ultimately lead to...

Its so much nicer than the true story the same papers covered only two years ago.. :lol:
Deleted User 4238

Postby iank » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:42 am

Capaldi would actually be a choice I could get behind.

Almost certainly not true, therefore. :(
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

PreviousNext

Return to The Capaldi Era