So who's going to be the 12th Doctor

chap with wings

We will know in just over three days time.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chesterfield

Official: BBC To Reveal New Doctor Who In Live Broadcast This Sunday – UPDATED
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/01/ ... is-sunday/
ReganMacNeilfan

FINALLY! Um I hope. :lol:
ImageImage

Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:FINALLY! Um I hope. :lol:
I'd put money on it.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
JubilationT.Cornpone

How manah dollahs?????? Ahm a reet gamblin' man,ah say....Ah reckon'n its gonna be....that purty beauty Counrty n Western singah..Crystal Gayle
iank

They're just trying to deflect attention away from the missing episodes recovery. :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Deleted User 4238

Daniel Kayuua :( Capaldi if Moff really is going for the ego trip of really writing The Last Timelord

( and not resolving in the special),
iank

I have no idea who that first guy even is.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

Allons-y

iank wrote:I have no idea who that first guy even is.
That probably makes him a good candidate
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

PS

Peter Capaldi ?!? Yes!!!

Maybe the next taboo to break is a sweary Doctor... :roll:
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
iank

It'll be some hyper 25 year old we've never heard of.

Allons-y

iank wrote:It'll be some hyper 25 year old we've never heard of.
Sadly I think the hyper 25 thing is right with Moffat. But I would argue that at least since 2005 (I'm too young to know how successful the others were before being cast as the Doctor), it has always been a relative unknown.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Allons-y wrote:
iank wrote:It'll be some hyper 25 year old we've never heard of.
Sadly I think the hyper 25 thing is right with Moffat. But I would argue that at least since 2005 (I'm too young to know how successful the others were before being cast as the Doctor), it has always been a relative unknown.
1, 2, 3 and 5 were fairly well known, but not in similar roles (if there are any!)
I think the others were relatively unknown???

iank

In no way was Christopher Eccleston an unknown. He was one of the most respected actors in Britain.

Deleted User 4238

And Barclay?

Skins :(

He's 24 btw not 25.
farsighted

If he describes Star Wars like this, what could he possibly say about Doctor Who??? :D

Warning: sweary

I somehow don't think he's the one. :D

But I wouldn't mind.
Deleted User 4238

It would set a nasty precedent.

He was an Uber fan wanker before DWAS, before we invented the term - uber not wanker.

Imagine the glow of basking in reflective glory amongst all the hangers on now. :mrgreen:
Allons-y

iank wrote:In no way was Christopher Eccleston an unknown. He was one of the most respected actors in Britain.
I dunno, I'd never heard of Eccleston before Doctor Who, what had he been in, a handful of tv dramas written by RTD. Tennant had been in Harry Potter and Matt Smith Party Animals, but I'd still call them unknowns, Eccleston had been in something called The Second Coming, an unknown I'd say.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

iank

Eccleston became famous for his role as DCI Bilborough in the massively popular early 90s crime drama Cracker, which he followed up with a string of successful movies including Shallow Grave. He may not have been David Tennant circa 2009, but in no sense was he ever an unknown. His casting is what gave the return of Who such credibility precisely because of HIS credibility as a strong, serious actor.

Return to “The Capaldi Era”

• Information