So, The 13th Doctor Then.

So, The 13th Doctor Then.

Postby The Ginger Cat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:04 pm

Who do you fancy for the 13th Doctor or reckon it's gonna be.

The Guardian like this bunch...

Billie wants a woman...

And this lot want...
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: So, The 13th Doctor Then.

Postby iank » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 am

William Hill are backing Ben Whishaw, which I wouldn't have a problem with actually.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
iank

Postby Amyiszygon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:39 am

Yeah according to one article I read, it made the point that almost every Doctor who's been hired to fill role since revival back in 2005 has formerly worked with Showrunner in some capacity. Christopher Eccelston in The Second Coming, David Tennant in Casanova, Peter Capaldi in Torchwood (?). So on that basis alone they then feel if we want to know just who next Doctor will be, we should look to one of actors who have appeared on Broadchurch. People such as Joe Sims, Jonathan Bailey, Jacob Anderson, Andrew Buchan, Peter De Jersey, William Andrews or Marcus Garvey. Personally speaking I think James D'arcy could work ... :D
Amyiszygon

Postby LizR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:12 am

Oh God I'd forgotten "Broadchurch".

So maybe there's not much nope for the next round of New Who after all.

"So, let's see, we've spent 13 episodes trying to track down these alien invaders and still can't find them..."
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby LizR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:14 am

Amyiszygon wrote:Yeah according to one article I read, it made the point that almost every Doctor who's been hired to fill role since revival back in 2005 has formerly worked with Showrunner in some capacity. Christopher Eccelston in The Second Coming, David Tennant in Casanova, Peter Capaldi in Torchwood (?). So on that basis alone they then feel if we want to know just who next Doctor will be, we should look to one of actors who have appeared on Broadchurch. People such as Joe Sims, Jonathan Bailey, Jacob Anderson, Andrew Buchan, Peter De Jersey, William Andrews or Marcus Garvey. Personally speaking I think James D'arcy could work ... :D

David Tennant?
"I’m mentioning these things now not in an attempt to garner sympathy, but out of solidarity with the huge numbers of women who have histories like mine, who’ve been slurred as bigots for having concerns around single-sex spaces” — J.K.Rowling

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Postby Amyiszygon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 am

LizR wrote:
Amyiszygon wrote:Yeah according to one article I read, it made the point that almost every Doctor who's been hired to fill role since revival back in 2005 has formerly worked with Showrunner in some capacity. Christopher Eccelston in The Second Coming, David Tennant in Casanova, Peter Capaldi in Torchwood (?). So on that basis alone they then feel if we want to know just who next Doctor will be, we should look to one of actors who have appeared on Broadchurch. People such as Joe Sims, Jonathan Bailey, Jacob Anderson, Andrew Buchan, Peter De Jersey, William Andrews or Marcus Garvey. Personally speaking I think James D'arcy could work ... :D

David Tennant?

Arthur Darvill ... ;)
Amyiszygon

Postby chasersbass » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Chibnall also produced on Law and Order UK which would have a massive pool of actors to pick from
chasersbass

Postby chasersbass » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Just to strike fear into everyone Kris Marshall just quit his starring role in Death in Paradise.....
chasersbass

Postby date542 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Hmmm....BBC execs will be looking at the ratings for Death in Paradise and thinking if they could get the audience to follow him to Dr Who.....
date542

Postby thecypher » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:45 pm

From BBC Wales Press on latest rumour regarding production moving to Manchester:

https://twitter.com/BBCWalesPress/status/827203971584577538

I think that's rather a shame...assuming it it true.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby Bobspoons » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:39 am

Apparently mark gattis has also suggested it could be a woman this time, this as well as Billie Piper saying not casting a woman now would be a snub. I hate the idea.

Rory Kinnear would be outstanding. His portrayal of Caliban (Frankensteins Monster) in penny dreadful is amazing, the soft careing humanity and true gentle soul coupled with bouts of raw emotion and power. Amazing actor to carry off the extremes so well as he does in that role.
Posting name Bobspoons, real name Alex

PS: The avatar picture is "Alfred Chicken", for those of you who love the CBM-Amiga. Saw his pic in an avatar collection, wndered why he was there and decided somebody should keep the legend of Alfred alive.
Bobspoons

Postby Bowtiesarecool » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:10 am

Yeah, I think the idea of a Female Doctor didn't go down well on here. 8-)
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Postby bobmcpherson » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:16 am

Bobspoons wrote:Apparently mark gattis has also suggested it could be a woman this time, this as well as Billie Piper saying not casting a woman now would be a snub. I hate the idea.

Rory Kinnear would be outstanding. His portrayal of Caliban (Frankensteins Monster) in penny dreadful is amazing, the soft careing humanity and true gentle soul coupled with bouts of raw emotion and power. Amazing actor to carry off the extremes so well as he does in that role.

And why do I think Piper thinks that SHE should be playing the Doctor?

Then Jenna Coleman could play him too.

Simply topping eh wot??
bobmcpherson

Postby chap with wings » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 am

Tilda Swinton being mooted in some areas, interesting....

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/tilda-swinto ... or-1965665
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

Postby JustGareth » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 am

chap with wings wrote:Tilda Swinton being mooted in some areas, interesting....

I mentioned her for the part a while back. She'd be great, I reckon.
"So I guess this is just how things are going to work now: the president once saw a banana with a bruise that looked like a picture in an article he read in a dream, and that is why we're at f*****g war..." John Oliver
JustGareth

Postby koschei kriegsleiter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:19 pm

An utterly awful idea. As indeed is any female Doctor. Hopefully this is just media hysteria, though you never know.

Also had a horrible realisation, as the kind of people I'd want to play the Doctor would probably be considered "much too old" as of now.
koschei kriegsleiter
Banned From Forum
Banned From Forum

Postby DSJR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:58 pm

My view - the Doctor is MALE - get over it!

Anyway, the female companions seem to have a great time, although they seem best and strongest characters on the Big Finish audio's I've heard.

Maybe the TV Doctor should meet up again with Iris Wildthyme (a highly naughty older character played by our beloved Katy Manning)... And while I'm at it and for canon's sake, why couldn't Missy have been the Rani? I'm sure it would have worked the same, maybe even better!
DSJR

Postby thecypher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:25 pm

DSJR wrote:My view - the Doctor is MALE - get over it!

cyberlad wrote:No wonder this place is known as the Breitbart of Doctor Who forums.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
thecypher

Postby koschei kriegsleiter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:46 pm

DSJR wrote:My view - the Doctor is MALE - get over it!

Anyway, the female companions seem to have a great time, although they seem best and strongest characters on the Big Finish audio's I've heard.

Maybe the TV Doctor should meet up again with Iris Wildthyme (a highly naughty older character played by our beloved Katy Manning)... And while I'm at it and for canon's sake, why couldn't Missy have been the Rani? I'm sure it would have worked the same, maybe even better!

If Missy wasn't the Master, what would be notable about her? Nothing. It's only the fact that it created such controversy that makes anyone even take notice.

If you can' have a well-written character, then make the character noteworthy for some other reason.
koschei kriegsleiter
Banned From Forum
Banned From Forum

Postby bobmcpherson » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 pm

koschei kriegsleiter wrote:

An utterly awful idea. As indeed is any female Doctor. Hopefully this is just media hysteria, though you never know.

Also had a horrible realisation, as the kind of people I'd want to play the Doctor would probably be considered "much too old" as of now.

The wild hoops DR STRANGE had to jump through to justify Swinton's existence was a distraction and more than a bit immoral and racist.
bobmcpherson

Next

Return to The Whittaker Era