Torchwood General Thread

Discussion of the Doctor Who spin-off programmes including Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
tony ingram

Llamastrangler wrote:
LizR wrote:I watched every episode of Torchwood up to "Miracle Day". Despite the fact that it was mainly bollocks (yes Children of Earth was OK, but only by Torchwood standards).... and the PJ Hammond episodes were at least good, plus a couple of others (though they might as well have been a different programme from the rest).

However Miracle Day was just too awful. I mean bad taste for one thing, and god knows I'm not short of that myself. But just so achingly badly written........
In hindsight it's obvious that RTD wasn't exactly putting his all into Miracle Day. Exhaustion? Who fatigue? His partner's illness? Whatever, an RTD firing on full cylinders would never have allowed such a disaster to happen.
Why not? He allowed plenty of other disasters to happen...
Kajaboy

Llamastrangler wrote: In hindsight it's obvious that RTD wasn't exactly putting his all into Miracle Day. Exhaustion? Who fatigue? His partner's illness? Whatever, an RTD firing on full cylinders would never have allowed such a disaster to happen.
The interference from the American network might have had something to do with it.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

According to the website "Community Voices" ( I've never heard of 'em either ) three or four "Torchwood" radio plays are in the pipeline.
PASADENA, Calif. -- Even the disappointing "Miracle Day" can't keep "Torchwood" down.

After a press conference for The CW's "Arrow," which co-stars "Torchwood" lead John Barrowman, Barrowman revealed the latest project that's in the works for the "Doctor Who" spin-off.

Read more after the jump. ...

"I do know that we're doing three or four radio plays for the BBC for 'Torchwood,'" Barrowman said. "My sister and I are discussing the possibility of writing one of them and whether or not that leads to something [on TV] ... But I'm full-time with 'Arrow' now. It's not a question of me not wanting to do it, it's a question of the BBC wanting to do it or others wanting to do 'Torchwood.' I know the fans are out there so I think they'd be silly not to."

Barrowman said the "Arrow" producers are "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who" fans, which is how he came be to cast on "Arrow."

"They've always said, 'If you need to go and do a special, we'll let you go do it," Barrowman said.

Barrowman said there will be three or four radio plays, though they haven't started recording them yet. One will feature the whole Torchwood team, the others will be "character-based." He said executive producer Julie Gardner and head writer Russell T. Davies are both involved. "It's the team back together."
http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com ... -the-works
The Nimon

Hmmmmm, if they go back more to COE and oretend the last series didn't happen I might be interested. If not don't think I'll bother.
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Barrowman reckons he's in talks to bring "Torchwood" back on the telly.
Speaking with Comic-Con HQ Friday (July 22), star John Barrowman said that he’s currently working very hard to bring “Torchwood” back to TV.

“I have a phone conversation on Monday to see how we can get it back on television,” says Barrowman, adding that he is not joking around. “The fans know me well enough, I’m only going to say it if I mean it and believe it.”
http://zap2it.com/2016/07/john-barrowma ... ack-to-tv/
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

'Torchwood' Introduces New Character To Honor 'Doctor Who' Actress Elizabeth Sladen
http://comicbook.com/comics/2017/09/23/ ... octor-who/
Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Starting from the 15th of July all four series of Torchwood on gonna be shown on Twitch.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article= ... to-twitch/
shuzbot
Space Commander
Space Commander

Space Commander Shuz, reporting for duty!
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

shuzbot wrote:Torchwood is still not coming back

https://screenrant.com/torchwood-season ... ed-reason/
Yay!!... Er... I mean that's a shame...
DSJR

After the disaster that is NuWho currently, I thought I'd try again with Torchwood. We should have realised as regards Chibnall and so much of the first series, but maybe we were so full of hope he'd not balls up 'Who... The second Torchwood series looks to show promise, the third was good I felt although there were echoes of a Quatermass story there, at least to me. I'm working through the fourth series and not minding it really at all. Actually, it's nice to take it away from often wet Cardiff...
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

DSJR wrote:the third was good I felt although there were echoes of a Quatermass story there, at least to me. .

I agree DSJR. I thought it was extremely reminiscent of the final John Mills one; with the youth of the world being summoned for sacrifice simply to amuse a horrifying alien presence. I thought the similarities were too strong to be coincidental.

I felt Kneale did it better though, of course.

See also.....

Quatermass Rewatch Thread:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=7976

Return to “DOCTOR WHO SPIN-OFF PROGRAMMES”

• Information