Series 8 - 2014

For discussion of spoilers and speculation about upcoming stories hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
The Nimon

I read that Neil Cross will be back to write an episode / episodes
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Belle of St John

Chibnall is rumoured. Jack Lothian of Skins is a definate. That will be interesting as he wrote for Capaldi.
I'm expecting Vastra, Jenny and Stead to provide safe haven to the freshly regenerated Doctor in episode one.
Everyone's talking Damian Maloney for Claras love interest - which would be interesting if he was a bad sort :-D. Daniel Kaluuya might of been talking to Cardiff about a boyfriend role and not The Doctor...?
The Nimon

As posted in the Anniversary thread
Edge of Destruction

Neil Cross to write for series 8

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/4 ... Doctor-Who
Dan2593

AdamWagstaff wrote:Daniel Kaluuya might of been talking to Cardiff about a boyfriend role and not The Doctor...?
If he's going to be a companion I hope it's resuming his role as Barclay and not another new character who just happens to look like a Series 4 character.
Allons-y

Robert Watkins wrote:
Steven Moffat offers a few intriguing titbits on Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (#464). Here’s some highlights:

Moffat is pretty certain Capaldi will keep his native Scottish accent for the role
At the moment, they’ve only discussed Twelve’s costume in the lightest terms
Moffat wanted to flip the switch the other way after having two youthful and accessible Doctors in a row
He’s going to be an older, trickier and fiercer Doctor
“Just as Clara’s learning to have a proper old crush on him, suddenly he’s Malcolm Tucker!”
Moffat thinks it’ll be fun seeing Clara cope with the Doctor being completely different…
…”I think the fun story will be – and we have the opportunity here – is this is what regeneration can do to you. He can be very, very different.”
“People really love Jenna, so we make the Doctor quite difficult…”
…Moffat likens the situation to Tom Baker’s first season: “He’s really quite difficult to take at the beginning, and you’re very grateful that Sarah and the Brigadier are there to reassure you.”
By the sound of it, that idea could either go well, as with Baker or badly as with the other Baker, although given Moffat's track record, it's more likely to turn out like Colin.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
iank

Dan2593 wrote:
AdamWagstaff wrote:Daniel Kaluuya might of been talking to Cardiff about a boyfriend role and not The Doctor...?
If he's going to be a companion I hope it's resuming his role as Barclay and not another new character who just happens to look like a Series 4 character.
Who the hell was Barclay?! :chase:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
ReganMacNeilfan

Robert Watkins wrote:
Steven Moffat offers a few intriguing titbits on Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (#464). Here’s some highlights:

Moffat is pretty certain Capaldi will keep his native Scottish accent for the role
Moffat wanted to flip the switch the other way after having two youthful and accessible Doctors in a row
“Just as Clara’s learning to have a proper old crush on him, suddenly he’s Malcolm Tucker!”
Moffat thinks it’ll be fun seeing Clara cope with the Doctor being completely different…
…”I think the fun story will be – and we have the opportunity here – is this is what regeneration can do to you. He can be very, very different.”
…Moffat likens the situation to Tom Baker’s first season: “He’s really quite difficult to take at the beginning, and you’re very grateful that Sarah and the Brigadier are there to reassure you.”

Will this end well? Time will tell.
ImageImage

Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Robert Watkins wrote:Steven Moffat offers a few intriguing titbits on Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (#464). Here’s some highlights:

So no mockney? Great! Lots of planets have a North (I'm told even this one does :) )
Ooh, skimpy?! :D
Accessible? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Rest sounds good though.
Wrong on so many levels. "Just as Clara's worked out that he's an alien and she's a stupid ape, he turns into William Hartnell" would have been so much better.
Who are these "people" ? (Apart from Moffat, I mean.) So far, the best you can say is marginally more likeable than Amy or River Song, so we're in the Faint Praise department...
You wish. Well, I can only hope he's right. (So where was the Brig in "Genesis of the Daleks" and "The Ark in Space" ?)

"Clara Oswald is an idiot!" - yes, that could work.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Krynoid Man

Dan2593 wrote:
Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan.

Which series 4 character would that be then Dan?
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
The Belle of St John

iank wrote:
Dan2593 wrote:
Who the hell was Barclay?! :chase:
Guy on bus who fancied a girl off-screen who didn't fancy him or something. It's all I can remember.

Oh he was prob going to become an apprentice mechanic with UNIT.. Must be a government Back to Work thing.
Rubberlad

Robert Watkins wrote:

I sorta like Jenna as a person (sorta) but I absolutely loathe Clara as a companion.

And the more I hear about Moffat's plans for 12, the more I'm losing interest. Maybe Christmas will surprise me.
"I'm not one to use hyperbole, ladies and gentlemen but I'll tell you this: for the first time in my life I had the caca scared out of me!"

-- Jessica Marbles, Murder by Death
ReganMacNeilfan

Rubberlad wrote:
Robert Watkins wrote:

I sorta like Jenna as a person (sorta) but I absolutely loathe Clara as a companion.

And the more I hear about Moffat's plans for 12, the more I'm losing interest. Maybe Christmas will surprise me.

I know the feeling all too well. :(
ImageImage

Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
Yeah, me too. I've had it since 2005, in fact, that's a long time to harbour a sinking feeling. It got perked up a few times - well mainly when Matt came along. Sigh. And now we have an "older, fiercer, trickier" Doctor - apparently. Which on paper sounds good. But........history shows....be careful what you wish for.
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions -- Lillian Hellman

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Mr. Ron

Well I wish the very best for Matt in his finale.

Break a leg son..

Oh... almost! :mrgreen:
"You've got one of the best ME resources online here." - Friends of Derek

Ronnie (n): moustache - after movie star, Ronald Coleman
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Mr. Ron wrote:Well I wish the very best for Matt in his finale.

Break a leg son..

Oh... almost! :mrgreen:
:floorroll:

Sorry Matt.

The Nimon

LizR wrote:
ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
Yeah, me too. I've had it since 2005, in fact, that's a long time to harbour a sinking feeling. It got perked up a few times - well mainly when Matt came along. Sigh. And now we have an "older, fiercer, trickier" Doctor - apparently. Which on paper sounds good. But........history shows....be careful what you wish for.
That's because your still clinging on to those long rooted fan backed up memories of the 60s and 70s of what Doctor Who shou... *Runs for the door quick* :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The Nimon wrote:
LizR wrote:Yeah, me too. I've had it since 2005, in fact, that's a long time to harbour a sinking feeling. It got perked up a few times - well mainly when Matt came along. Sigh. And now we have an "older, fiercer, trickier" Doctor - apparently. Which on paper sounds good. But........history shows....be careful what you wish for.
That's because you're still clinging on to those long rooted fan backed up memories of the 60s and 70s of what Doctor Who shou... *Runs for the door quick* :D
Or to be exact, what well-written drama should be. Not that I need 60s and 70s Who to tell me that, there are loads of works I can read (or watch) to form an opinion of what does and doesn't work dramatically. William Shakespeare, Henrik Ibsen, Ian Fleming, Anton Chekov, Janet Frame, Tove Jannson, Ursula le Guin, Philip K Dick and hundreds of other people have all produced brilliant drama that works, and which gives me a basis for comparison.

I feel tempted to quote Stephen Moffat explaining that there are standards by which dramas may be judged...
Stephen Moffat wrote:There's a difference - I, Claudius is brilliant. Doctor Who isn't.

The Nimon

And i still haven't got round to watching I Clauidius.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The Nimon wrote:And i still haven't got round to watching I Claudius.
Well, Stephen Moffat thinks it's brilliant, so maybe you made a wise decision.

Return to “SPOILERS”

• Information