Miss Israel takes a selfie...

Non Doctor Who discussion.

Miss Israel takes a selfie...

Postby Kajaboy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 am

What I see in this picture is four very pretty girls having a good time. What other people have seen is very different. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... untry.html

I find Miss Lebanon's reaction after the picture was posted quite sad too.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Thanks to donations from members I've been able to move Planet Mondas to a faster server. But I'm still working on further improvements. Ad Revenue covers the server fees, but not my time, so if you like you can buy me a coffee, which will help fuel me! Thanks in advance! Mat Sadler (matjkd)

Re: Miss Israel takes a selfie...

Postby bobmcpherson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:41 am

I agree. It is SOOO sad that everything the WW 2 generation fought for.........EVERYTHING is being just tossed aside. It might as well be 1935 again or 1915.

All that has changed is the technology and the clothing................. :(
bobmcpherson

Postby ianj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:30 am

I think its splendid seeing all these gels getting along famously
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Postby Kajaboy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:59 pm

I find the whole situation quite sad. the idea that you must hate someone because of the country they come from is terrible.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Kajaboy

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:52 pm

What is far more offensive is this sexist twaddle still takes place.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Kajaboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:21 am

Martin_Kinsella wrote:What is far more offensive is this sexist twaddle still takes place.

Hmm. Lets way those two things up against each other....beauty contest versus racial hatred, beauty contest or racial hatred. Hmm. Nope I really don't know which is worse. :?
Kajaboy

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Kajaboy wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:What is far more offensive is this sexist twaddle still takes place.

Hmm. Lets way those two things up against each other....beauty contest versus racial hatred, beauty contest or racial hatred. Hmm. Nope I really don't know which is worse. :?

Sorry, you need Roobarbs and the outrage bus. I am sure you are convincing everyone you are really right on.

Dislike of Israel is a perfect legitimate and reasonable position for any of the subjugated Arab peoples in the Middle East, particularly Lebanon which has suffered many incursions that the west has simply allowed, and it is usually pro Israeli stooges and lickspittles who try to conflate the issue of disdain for Israel and racism.

There is no racism here.nthere is vile sexism.

The two nations are still at war, technically.

Objectification of women, rape, domestic violence and the enslavement of women globally by the white, male, Heterosexocracy that runs this world is far worse. Far far worse.

No doubt if Yazidi women posed for a selfie with Jihadi John you would think anyone who objected was racist too.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Kajaboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:56 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:Sorry, you need Roobarbs and the outrage bus. I am sure you are convincing everyone you are really right on.

Dislike of Israel is a perfect legitimate and reasonable position for any of the subjugated Arab peoples in the Middle East, particularly Lebanon which has suffered many incursions that the west has simply allowed, and it is usually pro Israeli stooges and lickspittles who try to conflate the issue of disdain for Israel and racism.

Objectification of women, rape, domestic violence and the enslavement of women globally by the white, male, Heterosexocracy that runs this world is far worse. Far far worse.

No doubt if Yazidi women posed for a selfie with Jihadi John you would think anyone who objected was racist too.

There is no reason why those two girls shouldn't be friendly to each other. Other people are pushing their prejudice and hatred on to them. Whatever happened in the past, and indeed is still technically going on, is not the fault of those two girls. Wind your neck in.
Kajaboy

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:40 pm

Kajaboy wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:Sorry, you need Roobarbs and the outrage bus. I am sure you are convincing everyone you are really right on.

There is no reason why those two girls shouldn't be friendly to each other. Other people are pushing their prejudice and hatred on to them. Whatever happened in the past, and indeed is still technically going on, is not the fault of those two girls. Wind your neck in.

You need to wind your neck in with your snide, pathetic, digs and implications at me about racism.

In football certain national teams are kept apart in qualifying tournaments. Politics will play a part in international sport. Without it South Africa may very well have taken far longer to come in from the cold and reform.

A perfectly reasonable objection based on nationality is not racism.

The sexist objectification of women by men in a predominantly white, male, heterosexocracy is an affront to civilisation. Objecting to a beauty pagent candidate having a picture taken with one from an enemy
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Kajaboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:35 am

Get over yourself. You were the one that tried to say that a beauty contest was far more offensive than two warring nations inflicting their views on two young girls.

Martin_Kinsella wrote:The sexist objectification of women by men in a predominantly white, male, heterosexocracy is an affront to civilisation. Objecting to a beauty pagent candidate having a picture taken with one from an enemy

Heterophobe.

Obviously no women has ever wanted to look pretty for a man or be told that not only is she is pretty but that she is the most beautiful woman in the world. :roll:

And who do you think it is behind the scenes making these women look fabulous?

Seriously, get some perspective.
Kajaboy

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:53 am

Kajaboy wrote:Get over yourself. You were the one that tried to say that a beauty contest was far more offensive than two warring nations inflicting their views on two young girls.

Martin_Kinsella wrote:The sexist objectification of women by men in a predominantly white, male, heterosexocracy is an affront to civilisation. Objecting to a beauty pagent candidate having a picture taken with one from an enemy

Heterophobe.

Obviously no women has ever wanted to look pretty for a man or be told that not only is she is pretty but that she is the most beautiful woman in the world. :roll:

And who do you think it is behind the scenes making these women look fabulous?

Seriously, get some perspective.

Says the person crying racism where none exists. you are the one inflaming the situation with absurd accusations of racism in the first place. Claims you appear to have rolled back from. Mind you the kind of person who would call racism here would be the same person calling racism at anyone daring to question the official line of the Israeli govt. a cheap and shabby attempt to nullify criticism of an oppresive govt, mainly by whitey living with a guilt complex over our nations complicity in the atrocities of the holocaust given we knew about it before war with the Nazis.

You are also confused. No one is saying women do not want to look nice for me (or,preferably, for their own self worth) however this backwards, regressive, pagent (it is more than just a beauty pagent) merely objectifies women and helps reinforce negative stereotypes about women. It is nOt the sixties and women all over the world have to love with the continued consequences of ingrained, institutionalised, sexism which is reinforced by backwards drivel like this.

So, yes, I find the global objectification of women, as typified by this event, far more offensive than understandable outrage at the Stockholm Syndrome on display from Miss Lebanon here.

As for your childish 'heterophobe comment all I say to you is grow up. Like anti white racism it is a myth. A construct of the right wing to nullify oppression of minority groups by the groups that hold the levers of power and influence. The bully claiming to be the bullied.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby bobmcpherson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:40 pm

WARRIORS OF THE DEEP!!!
bobmcpherson

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:22 pm

bobmcpherson wrote:WARRIORS OF THE DEEP!!!

Turlough and the Tractators.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Heccypoo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:

Turlough and the Tractators.

Good name for a band... :mrgreen:
Lawks-a-lordy, my bottom's on fire...
Heccypoo

Postby Kajaboy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:Says the person crying racism where none exists. you are the one inflaming the situation with absurd accusations of racism in the first place. Claims you appear to have rolled back from. Mind you the kind of person who would call racism here would be the same person calling racism at anyone daring to question the official line of the Israeli govt. a cheap and shabby attempt to nullify criticism of an oppresive govt, mainly by whitey living with a guilt complex over our nations complicity in the atrocities of the holocaust given we knew about it before war with the Nazis.

I used the term racism as a catch all rather than go all round the houses. It's that simple.
Martin_Kinsella wrote:You are also confused. No one is saying women do not want to look nice for me (or,preferably, for their own self worth) however this backwards, regressive, pagent (it is more than just a beauty pagent) merely objectifies women and helps reinforce negative stereotypes about women. It is nOt the sixties and women all over the world have to love with the continued consequences of ingrained, institutionalised, sexism which is reinforced by backwards drivel like this.

So, yes, I find the global objectification of women, as typified by this event, far more offensive than understandable outrage at the Stockholm Syndrome on display from Miss Lebanon here.

:floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll:
No one has forced these women to take part. Also, have you never heard of My Olympia? Mr Gay UK, Manhunt International etc etc....People like to look at pretty people. The only people who object to beauty pageants are those that look like the back end of a bus.

Martin_Kinsella wrote:As for your childish 'heterophobe comment all I say to you is grow up. Like anti white racism it is a myth. A construct of the right wing to nullify oppression of minority groups by the groups that hold the levers of power and influence. The bully claiming to be the bullied.

Well that was meant as a joke but you have clearly never taken a straight couple into a gay pub on a Friday night. If you don't know what you are talking about you should shut up. Simple as that.
Kajaboy

Postby Kajaboy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:10 pm

That's SOOOO Offensive. :lol:
Kajaboy

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Kajaboy wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:Says the person crying racism where none exists. you are the one inflaming the situation with absurd accusations of racism in the first place. Claims you appear to have rolled back from. Mind you the kind of person who would call racism here would be the same person calling racism at anyone daring to question the official line of the Israeli govt. a cheap and shabby attempt to nullify criticism of an oppresive govt, mainly by whitey living with a guilt complex over our nations complicity in the atrocities of the holocaust given we knew about it before war with the Nazis.

I used the term racism as a catch all rather than go all round the houses. It's that simple.
Martin_Kinsella wrote:You are also confused. No one is saying women do not want to look nice for me (or,preferably, for their own self worth) however this backwards, regressive, pagent (it is more than just a beauty pagent) merely objectifies women and helps reinforce negative stereotypes about women. It is nOt the sixties and women all over the world have to love with the continued consequences of ingrained, institutionalised, sexism which is reinforced by backwards drivel like this.

:floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll: :floorroll:
No one has forced these women to take part. Also, have you never heard of My Olympia? Mr Gay UK, Manhunt International etc etc....People like to look at pretty people. The only people who object to beauty pageants are those that look like the back end of a bus.

Martin_Kinsella wrote:As for your childish 'heterophobe comment all I say to you is grow up. Like anti white racism it is a myth. A construct of the right wing to nullify oppression of minority groups by the groups that hold the levers of power and influence. The bully claiming to be the bullied.

Well that was meant as a joke but you have clearly never taken a straight couple into a gay pub on a Friday night. If you don't know what you are talking about you should shut up. Simple as that.

LOL. How is that glass house. Keeping your numerous strawmen company.

I know far more about the subject than you. the relevance of taking straights into a gay pub is nil. We are talking about institutionalised white, male, hetersexocracy that plagues our society To this day.

I once went into a gay pub with a mate after we went to the theatre. The others in the bar were not welcoming, they could probably tell we were str8. But i can understand and forgive this reception given their treatment by siciety over the years and to this day. FortunateLy the youth are far more enlightened on matters of race, sex and orientation than the coffin dodgers..

Plenty of people object to beauty pagents. There are many vaild reasons to do so. In the world women are far more oppressed than men so a few male equivalents are an issue but less of a problem. It is idiocy to use them in mitigation. Like the mens rights loons who always trot out the handful of men who are subject to domestic violence by female partners in an attempt to neuter condemnation of the industrial battery of women by men.

I appreciate your effort to climb down on your pitiful misuse of the term racism when clearly none existed.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Martin_Kinsella » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Kajaboy wrote:

That's SOOOO Offensive. :lol:

Perhaps it is 'racism'. A term you use but do not understand. Lol.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby bobmcpherson » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:38 am

While I am CERTAIN this will scandalize him, I mostly agree with Kajaboy here...........probably for different reasons but still........................

So how about we reinterpret WARRIORS OF THE DEEP as the Silurians representing Black Liberation Army soldiers struggling against The Man who have been trying to keep the Brothers "down".......in this case literally in caves...............???

The Myrka could represent the Brothers "uniting" in a great march upon the Establishment........like Dr King on Washington.

The Doctor could represent guilty liberals who are ineffectual and only get everyone killed.

Tegan can be Joan Baez or Bull Connor. I am not sure.

Oh and for the record, I stumbled into a Gay bar once. Felt like a Black man who had wandered into a Klan meeting. I stumbled right back out again.

Oh and a general caution to all and sundry. Do not reference WW 2 in my presence AND GET THE FACTS WRONG, I get funny about the rewriting of history. I WILL correct you.

Now back to WARRIORS OF THE DEEP...........Can we interpret the almost complete feminization of the Silurians in NUWHO as a searing comment on the symbolic neutering of the Black male by black women in American society. While the former become crimals and drug addicts who riot, the later become judges and other professionals??

Thus WARRIORS OF THE DEEP can be read as a cry for respect by the brothers who, by firing phallic missiles, are trying to reclaim their lost manhood???
bobmcpherson

Postby Kajaboy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Martin_Kinsella wrote:LOL. How is that glass house. Keeping your numerous strawmen company.

I know far more about the subject than you. the relevance of taking straights into a gay pub is nil. We are talking about institutionalised white, male, hetersexocracy that plagues our society To this day.

I once went into a gay pub with a mate after we went to the theatre. The others in the bar were not welcoming, they could probably tell we were str8. But i can understand and forgive this reception given their treatment by siciety over the years and to this day. FortunateLy the youth are far more enlightened on matters of race, sex and orientation than the coffin dodgers..

Plenty of people object to beauty pagents. There are many vaild reasons to do so. In the world women are far more oppressed than men so a few male equivalents are an issue but less of a problem. It is idiocy to use them in mitigation. Like the mens rights loons who always trot out the handful of men who are subject to domestic violence by female partners in an attempt to neuter condemnation of the industrial battery of women by men.

I appreciate your effort to climb down on your pitiful misuse of the term racism when clearly none existed.

I had a huge reply to this typed out and ready to go last night but thought it best to wait before I posted, I nearly posted it again this morning, but I have decided to condense it down to just a few lines. This is because I don't want to get banned.

I haven't climbed down from anything. There is some racism and xenophobia in any war. You can't claim otherwise because that would be very stupid.

Also you don't have to appologise for everything heterosexual males do or have done in the past. I can only think that you really hate yourself for being born male. Do you wander round airports waiting for all the Spanish people to come through customs so you can say sorry for 1588?

The line "industrial battery of women by men" makes it sound as if every woman since the dawn of time has been beaten up by her husband/lover. This just isn't true. However, there has always been some domestic violence from both sexes but men were and still are, more afraid to come forward. You can't just go around pretending these things don't exist when they do.

And while Beauty contests have never appealed to me I still see no valid reason to object to them. They are a bit of fun and nothing more.
Kajaboy

Next

Return to THE ZERO ROOM